Poll: FFVI: Great game, or greatest game?
This poll is closed.
Great 35.00% 7 35.00%
Greatest 65.00% 13 65.00%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy VI: Relocalization Project

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Thanks for actually putting my timer patch to use Tongue

I'll be playing this patch with some slight gameplay/difficulty modifications when I finally get time to do so.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Leviathan Mist for this post:
  • DrMeat (11-04-2014)

Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 5
Status
None
(10-26-2014, 12:55 PM)Leviathan Mist Wrote: Thanks for actually putting my timer patch to use Tongue

I'll be playing this patch with some slight gameplay/difficulty modifications when I finally get time to do so.

Thanks for the patch! And I hope you enjoy it, when you do get around to it! <3
  Find

Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Hey, Dr. Meat! You might be interested to know about a potential Step Mine MP overflow bug related to my 255 hours patch. I've created some patches to fix them, here: http://slickproductions.org/forum/index....9#msg24849

They can be applied directly over the 255 hours patch.

Edit: Apparently the patch isn't quite done yet. It fixes the MP cost in the menu, but not in battle. I'll work on the battle portion tomorrow.
  Find

Threads: 19
Thanks Given: 15
Status
None
The script changes really interest me, I'd like to import the lines into my rom (it's a custom concotion of many hacks). But for some reason I can't navigate the rom in FF3ME. It loads the rom, but the menu options simply don't appear. What's happening?

Btw if this is intentional I completely understand... I'm just wondering if it's a problem on my side.
  Find

Status
None
(03-30-2016, 01:09 AM)Leviathan Mist Wrote: Hey, Dr. Meat! You might be interested to know about a potential Step Mine MP overflow bug related to my 255 hours patch. I've created some patches to fix them, here: http://slickproductions.org/forum/index....9#msg24849

They can be applied directly over the 255 hours patch.

Edit: Apparently the patch isn't quite done yet. It fixes the MP cost in the menu, but not in battle. I'll work on the battle portion tomorrow.

Awesome, thanks for pointing this out! It'll definitely be in the next version (...someday).

Quote:FF6Fanatic

The script changes really interest me, I'd like to import the lines into my rom (it's a custom concotion of many hacks). But for some reason I can't navigate the rom in FF3ME. It loads the rom, but the menu options simply don't appear. What's happening?

Btw if this is intentional I completely understand... I'm just wondering if it's a problem on my side.

Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you! The reason you can't load it up in FF3usME is because the internal header name of the ROM is changed in my hack, and that's what FF3usME is looking for to see if it's a valid FFVI ROM for editing. To make it work in FF3usME, load the ROM in your hex editor of choice and go to offset FFC0 where it says "Final Fantasy VI RLP " and change it to "FINAL FANTASY 3      " (including the six spaces).
  Find

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Dr. Meat, great to see your new version after 3 years, but 1.04 seems to be incompatible with FF3USME. I apply it to a clean rom, do various edits in FF3USME 6.80 and save, and when I go back in-game, the items list descriptions are all messed up: random lines of dialogue instead of item descriptions, and when you back out, the background is then corrupted. The patch seems to work fine on its own but any use of FF3USME corrupts the game. That problem isn't there in version 1.03. Also if I could respectfully suggest you please remove the "Final Fantasy VI RLP" title from the ROM in future patches. I'm doing all kinds of testing trying to get your patch to work with CV's huge bug-fix comp (a hair-pulling endeavor) and I find myself in & out of a hex editor repeatedly to replace your title with the proper one so that it'll load in FF3USME. Thanks man, I appreciate your work on this stuff greatly.
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 233
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(04-28-2017, 11:07 PM)Dev J Wrote: Dr. Meat, great to see your new version after 3 years, but 1.04 seems to be incompatible with FF3USME. I apply it to a clean rom, do various edits in FF3USME 6.80 and save, and when I go back in-game, the items list descriptions are all messed up: random lines of dialogue instead of item descriptions, and when you back out, the background is then corrupted.

Have you tried with FF3usME version 6.70 (or 6.71)? 6.80 has been out for a few months only. I don't guarantee it's the cause but it could be possible Lord J has made some changes that conflict with this hack and not with a clean ROM.

Also on a side note, hackers are not obliged to make their hack editor accessible. It's their right to prevent edits in any way, it really depends on the person. Nothing also say you can't rename the ROM like you did or use any other mean to access the data in editors or ask them to change the accessibility, but it's not something you should expect.
  Find

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
When I "expect" something from anyone, or want to make anyone feel "obliged", I'll letcha know! I wouldn't hold my breath on that if I were you though! Take care!
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 233
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(04-30-2017, 12:24 AM)Dev J Wrote: When I "expect" something from anyone, or want to make anyone feel "obliged", I'll letcha know! I wouldn't hold my breath on that if I were you though! Take care!

Sorry I did not meant my post to be taken word for word. It was just a way to say anyone making a hack is in position to rename the ROM or put protection measures. I did notice you "respectfully suggested" and I was just saying to maybe not get hope and continue your way by renaming the ROM. (not actual high hope where you dream of this but "hoping" in the most neutral and minimalist way a respectful suggestion can hint to).

Also, what happen if you rename once the ROM name to "FINAL FANTASY III " and just make a new patch, like a "custom FF6 Relocalization"? Wouldn't that save you some trouble?
  Find

Status
None
(04-28-2017, 11:07 PM)Dev J Wrote: Dr. Meat, great to see your new version after 3 years, but 1.04 seems to be incompatible with FF3USME. I apply it to a clean rom, do various edits in FF3USME 6.80 and save, and when I go back in-game, the items list descriptions are all messed up: random lines of dialogue instead of item descriptions, and when you back out, the background is then corrupted. The patch seems to work fine on its own but any use of FF3USME corrupts the game. That problem isn't there in version 1.03. Also if I could respectfully suggest you please remove the "Final Fantasy VI RLP" title from the ROM in future patches. I'm doing all kinds of testing trying to get your patch to work with CV's huge bug-fix comp (a hair-pulling endeavor) and I find myself in & out of a hex editor repeatedly to replace your title with the proper one so that it'll load in FF3USME. Thanks man, I appreciate your work on this stuff greatly.

Hey! Sorry it's taken so long to get back to you, I've been meaning to rescue my forums account from unknown password hell for ages now...

Anyway, the reason the items list description breaks when you use FF3usME with my ROM is because I moved all the item descriptions to an expanded bank (they start in the F1 bank now) so if you edit them in FF3usME, yeah they will break. I did this so I could have room for full-length item descriptions instead of the heavily truncated ones present in the original. This will happen if you edit any other descriptions in FF3usME as well (magic, lore, espers, etc) - I expanded them all. It's not weird copy protection or whatever, just a byproduct of having to move text around. I have to edit them by hand now as well too, sorry! If you use the menu/battle TBL file in WindHex you can edit all that stuff. Start poking around in F1 banks and onward to find things! If you need a more specific list of moved data I can provide it.

Oh it will also break if you edit the big battle text in FF3usME... small battle text is fine though, as is the main script.

And I will not be changing the header name of the ROM, sorry. It's not necessary but it makes it feel more professional to me. If you just change name once so it runs in FF3usME you shouldn't need to change it again. The worst that should happen is SNES9X or whatever gets cranky about the checksum but it should be fine!
  Find