Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Relic Event for Shadow

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Hello guys I need help and advice about how to create a new event for shadow's new relics and new rival and I don't know how. I know zeemis he made a patch to change lore to summon from Strago and how did he do the "Summon" command permanent. If your ask me what relics for Shadow and what event are set for new relic item, his Throw ability change into a Summon ability and the event ala Sabin and Duncan.But as i said I can't decide what place are best suit for shadow's new event and also I'm looking for his rival(Obviously a fellow Ninja).I know its not easy on how to create a event and other stuffs so I hope anyone of you will help my problem....BTW I'm newbie matee.
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
I'm not 100% sure what you're asking here...are you looking for help with event hacking itself? If so, I'll point you to this thread:

https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showth...hp?tid=802

Of course, we can help you if you get stuck too, but it's good to take a look at the basics first and see what you can work out. Also check out the "All Things Event Hacking" thread for more useful resources. These resources won't help you actually change Shadow's commands in battle, but they'll let you create the visual portion of the cutscene.

Are you asking for ideas on where you can place this cutscene? If so, I don't think that I can help. I don't understand the logic behind giving Shadow, of all people, the Summon command, so I can't understand where or why this would occur. I can think of ideas, but they probably don't correspond with your "vision" for the hack at all. I think we'd likely need a little bit more of your thought process on this one.

Also, are you planning on giving Shadow a unique Relic that changes his command when you equip it, or are you giving him a unique Relic and giving him a permanent Summon command at the same time? I'd guess it's the former, but I want to make sure.

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
About events, you'll probably be forced to copy/paste the hex code of all the Vargas/Sabin scene, plus some minor tweak, in order to switch Sabin with Shadow, in the event and the text message selection...
Text dialogue are easily editable in ff3usme, still you must search them in the big quotes section of monster editor...

About Summon, depends on what you wanna do... if you want to bound summon command to the relic, then probably you'll have to hex edit one accessory that gives a command, like fake moustache... to be more precise you'll have to find the line with the byte of the assigned command and replace it with the byte that identifies the summon command(i think that's the way, despite i never did that).

It already exists, but it's a dummied feature, probably because It doesn't work perfectly... you can use only the summons that target the allies(that means Crusader too), if it targets only the enemies, the cast will fail, i believe. You can observe this behavior even if you make cast to an enemy a summon, as spell.

The hexed equip should be modified in the ff3usme equip section, in order to make it equipable only to Shadow, edit the name, etc... but don't edit the check that gives him the previous command, that will give you the summon command, despite ff3usme will still show the older command.

If you just want to bound the command directly to Shadow(instead of throw), it will be easier: just go in ff3usme actor section and swap the throw command with summon command.

PS. i wont give you specific instructions about hex and stuff, most of them are unknown to me, or just too long to explain in one shot for you: Take it easy, it requires some time your goal... said that, learn the basics in the link provided you by Lockirby2 Wink

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
thanks for respond comments.
@Lockirby2 you asking me what ideas on where I can place this cutscene,Actually my ideas where can place a cutscene for Shadow is the place where the ancient Ninjas where fought like mostly in the Forests, Dark places like Abandoned Temple ala Naruto Shippuden Style but in different way.As the unique relic I have already gave that for shadow the only have problem is the command of Summon permanent like the summon commands for Rydia in the SNES/GBA version of FFIV and Zeemi's change lore to summon from Strago, I know its not easy matee....
Plus a Shadow's Rival Ala Naruto vs, Sasuke and upon Shadow's rival defeated he give a unique relic that change "Throw" command to "Summon" for Shadow and It can ability to use it....

@Tenkarider Ok thanks matee I'll try.....
  Find