Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Usernames.

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Tissue-aware
I created my username in 2007 for World of Warcraft. After realizing I was the only person on the internet having this username, I decided to use it for many sites and forums. It has no real signification, except some people might see "mad - sir" but it was not intended to have a signification.
  Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 5
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
It stands for "Billy The Bum".

"You don't have to be a vampire to die like one... b*t*h." -Simon Belmont

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 8
Status
Well-Fed
... I think I started using GrayShadows for the Yuletide fanfiction exchange? I don't remember why exactly why I chose it, although the idea of 'gray shadows' as more neutral than 'dark shadows' seems familiar -- a more nuanced, intermediary step between dark and light.

Current Project: FF6: Tensei | Discord ID: TristanGrayse
  Find

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Mine has a history. Like others I use it for everything. If FlyingPoodle or Flying_Poodle is too long, I try for just Poodle (but that gets taken more than you'd think).

I'll work backwards:
Like I said, it's the default to anything I do that requires a username and is for entertainment. For serious stuff, I just use my email.
So on League of Legends and other games I play now (I think LoL is it?) people know me as FlyingPoodle, or Poodle for short which is fine.
People think I'm a girl for some reason. Poodles are associated with women more I guess?
I first used FlyingPoodle as Flying_Poodle on Diablo 2 for my Hammerdin. It was hard naming characters on that game w/o having it taken but this stuck and I ran with it. Plus, Hammerdins was a class almost everyone had because...1 hammer = Baal dead...so I had the name a while to stick to me.

We use to have a little play poodle here. My brother use to pick it up and say "fly poodle fly." The poodle didn't like this. So when I was coming up with D2 names, he walked by and boom! FlyingPoodle
  Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 40
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Two origins to choose from, neither more correct than the other:

1. A loose Greek translation of the first name I used online back around 1999/2000.

2. A Greek translation for my perpetual state of mind.

GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.

Brave New World
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
my user name kinda has a backstory to it lol (Poco Loco for those that don't know)

when I was 3, I used to like to rhyme (for reasons I cannot explain), so when my mother or grandmother were in the kitchen cooking (may they both R.I.P.), I would smack their asses and they would turn to me and scream "Tu ta Loco?" (are you crazy?) and I would reply "un poco!" (a little) and run away (because I knew I was about to get my ass beat lol), so an old tenant that used to rent a room here would call me poco loco and I would just say "bebiendo agua de coco!" (and I'm drinking coconut water) (I was 3) and that nickname just stuck with me ever since

there are a few others but thats another story lol

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 25
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 15
Status
X-Zone
LMAO Poco!

Shine 
  Find

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
I like Poco's, its always nice when gaming handles come from real-life experiences/people.

Actually, my normal gamer handle is kinda similar. "Edrin" on the other hand, has been my goto fantasy name since I was maybe 10. I made it up on a visit to see my mom when I was trying to invent an armored Samus-type character who was male. But I loved the name "Erdrick" growing up from the Dragon Warrior series and "Edrin" popped out. I can't remember why I chose it for my username here.

If you were to see me on pretty much any other gaming site, you would know me as "B-Run" which comes from the earliest days of Nintendo. In the original Mario, you would run faster when you held down the B button, we would call it B-running. "You have to B-run to get over that hole." Well when I was that age (4, 5 maybe?) i was constantly moving and nothing slowed me down, seemingly having an infinite source of energy. My parents dubbed me B-Run, which both my Mom and my Dad still occasionally call me. On more than one occasion I've considered changing my account name here, but figured I was already too-well-established as Edrin.
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
D'awww, that's cute. 0:-)

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 7
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Hello !

I adopted this username several years ago when I was looking for a Japanese name to use as username. Then I found Rum & Monkey's Japanese name generator then after I submitted my real name, it gave me Ishimaru Chiaki. Before that, I used Katt (from a BoF2 character) which I don't use anymore as it's too much associated with conflict I had in the past (I have a short temper which was more obvious before I started medication for anxiety). I thus gradually replaced Katt with Ishimaru Chiaki which I still use today, while on some other sites I use MissGeek or MissTux.

Linux and GIMP user
------------------
Sabin : Kefka ! Wait !!!
Kefka : Wait, he said ? Do I look like a waiter ?

My DeviantART