Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Well, it is that time

Threads: 62
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Regen
I thought this day would never come. I have been thinking about this for about a year... I think it is time I retire from game hacking and utility programming. It is a hard decision to come to but it is one that I have to make. I have various reasons for this decision but the primary ones tip the scales in that direction. Mostly I've lost the desire to do these things and with where my life is now I just don't have all of the time I feel is needed to dedicate to this. Whether it be working too much, doing the upkeep on our house, and with my wife and I talking about kids I just don't have the time any longer.

I feel very proud of what I have accomplished and contributed to the community so I will retire with a sense of pride. I helped pioneer Final Fantasy 4 and 6 game modification starting in 2000. I also helped make SPC modification for the Square games more mainstream with the launch of my SPC Editor and individual game documents starting in 2006/2007. But honestly the thing that makes me the most proud is the countless people that I have both introduced and mentored in this field. And some of those guys have paid it forward and mentored newcomers and even those have now started being mentors. My only regret is not finishing about a half dozen projects that I spent so much time on. But, they are being archived so if I ever feel peckish I can still come back to them.

I will check in from time to time on where the game/ROM "hacking" community is at and what sorts of things are going on but my active and contribution days are over. I still will attempt to fix any bugs if I can on any project already publicly released but it may take longer than usual. My forum on jce3000gt.com will remain open and I will be active on it everyday so please feel free to still post anything you like on this or other subjects. I will also periodically check my private messages and emails if anyone needs to get a hold of me for whatever reason. Thank you to everybody that has helped, contributed, and assisted with any of my projects. It has been a great ride!

[Image: jce3000gt_md.png]

[Image: jce3000gt.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to JCE3000GT for this post:
  • Abel.Emporia (01-03-2017)

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 233
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
This is sad news. I wish you the best in your life!
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • JCE3000GT (08-15-2014)

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
Good luck with whatever lies in store for you. You've done a lot of great things for this community!

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
Too bad... Sad

I've never had the chance to know you in this site, but you've been a great one in this site, for sure...

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Status
Regen
Thanks guys. I feel blessed to get to know so many great people in the ROM hacking community. Smile I will still randomly post and check all the forums I'm on.

Threads: 25
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 15
Status
X-Zone
Man, that's too bad. Prior to even joining this site I saw you as great hacker and programmer. I guess I could say you helped want to become a hacker, when I first played your Final Fantasy V Xpert. I wondered how one person could change a game like that and I wanted to know more to try and create a hack as well. So for that Jce, I bid you a farewell with all the joys in life.

Shine 
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
Ouch, this hurts to see one of the legends go... A little piece of me died reading this. I understand though man, and you are always welcomed here of course! I must ask though, what will become of your project that had a lot going on with? I could maybe keep it going on & put it on my things to do list after my infernal hack is out...? It had a great premise and I was really looking forward to it. You have a nice new world map, and songs, and I assume character plans and maybe sprites. This is a shocked, drunken shocked post, please keep in mind. Trying to avoid the actual though of thee JCE3000GT retiring from the hacking scene!

I remember the first time I heard I think it was a Secret of Mana song in FFV, and that blew my mind. I am also a man of music, when it comes to these games, and JCE (James) was the person I wanted to be as a ROM hacker - nice, generous, knowlegable, and cool! I finally got in touch with him, and he was even nicer and all that stuff I just said than I coulda thought.

You have done a lot for the FFVI hacking community and tought me pretty much the foundation on which I can make the music hacks!

P.S. I am going to play and beat Drakkhen over the weakend, or so help me God.
Just hope I don't run into any crazy ass f**k**g dragon god-like enemys or stencil shaped humanoid figures, orrrr the laser shooting dog heads. Orrrrr that constilation of stars that has it out for me, trying to rid the world of dragon creaters one automated confusing battle at a time! Wink

EDIT: this post was edited to be slightly less drunk sounding -_-

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
wow, I am really sad to see you go man, Sad

you have made huge contributions to rom hacking period and are (to me anyway) one of the top "Friggin Guns" no questions asked dude lol

JCE300GT, you will be missed bro and are always welcome here with open arms

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
Regen
(08-16-2014, 06:15 AM)Cyprus Wrote: Man, that's too bad. Prior to even joining this site I saw you as great hacker and programmer. I guess I could say you helped want to become a hacker, when I first played your Final Fantasy V Xpert. I wondered how one person could change a game like that and I wanted to know more to try and create a hack as well. So for that Jce, I bid you a farewell with all the joys in life.

Thanks man, good to hear those kind words. Laugh

(08-16-2014, 06:17 AM)Gi Nattak Wrote: Ouch, this hurts to see one of the legends go... A little piece of me died reading this. I understand though man, and you are always welcomed here of course! I must ask though, what will become of your project that had a lot going on with? I could maybe keep it going on & put it on my things to do list after my infernal hack is out...? It had a great premise and I was really looking forward to it. You have a nice new world map, and songs, and I assume character plans and maybe sprites. This is a shocked, drunken shocked post, please keep in mind. Trying to avoid the actual though of thee JCE3000GT retiring from the hacking scene!

I remember the first time I heard I think it was a Secret of Mana song in FFV, and that blew my mind. I am also a man of music, when it comes to these games, and JCE (James) was the person I wanted to be as a ROM hacker - nice, generous, knowlegable, and cool! I finally got in touch with him, and he was even nicer and all that stuff I just said than I coulda thought.

You have done a lot for the FFVI hacking community and tought me pretty much the foundation on which I can make the music hacks!

P.S. I am going to play and beat Drakkhen over the weakend, or so help me God.
Just hope I don't run into any crazy ass f**k**g dragon god-like enemys or stencil shaped humanoid figures, orrrr the laser shooting dog heads. Orrrrr that constilation of stars that has it out for me, trying to rid the world of dragon creaters one automated confusing battle at a time! Wink

EDIT: this post was edited to be slightly less drunk sounding -_-

I knew you wouldn't take that announcement well Mike. It is time for me to retire though, losing the passion in a hobby should be the first sign to let it go. This is why I also sold my Camaro restoration project earlier this year as well.

As for the "secret" project I was working on I had planned on publicly posting what it is and how far I got on the progress by Sept 1st. You are welcome to all my project files and my storyboard/to-do lists, I would love to see it finished but I am ok with what has been accomplished on it so far. Ironically most of what was left is something I would of needed someone else to do, that being mapping and events. Most everything else was either completed or nearly complete.

I'm so very happy that so many people have either enjoyed or benefited from what ever contributions I've made to the community. And of course all of the great people I've had the privilege to work with or contribute to on various projects. And you specifically have been a treat to work with. I must say you absolutely are the king of the current S-SPC (Square SPC) music scene, and you definitely passed me up on skill with all of that MML stuff that I still to this day just don't have the patience for! HAH! Maybe you can pioneer some FF4 music progress in the future. I'll expect to continue corresponding through email on stuff if you need.

And yes, you need to finish Drakkhen at some point! Just put in some PAR codes to make it easier. LOL

(08-16-2014, 11:25 AM)d-_-b Wrote: wow, I am really sad to see you go man, Sad

you have made huge contributions to rom hacking period and are (to me anyway) one of the top "Friggin Guns" no questions asked dude lol

JCE300GT, you will be missed bro and are always welcome here with open arms

Thank you, I know this will be a great place to continue to check in on. Maybe I'll post some random stuff when you least expect it. Smile

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to JCE3000GT for this post:
  • Gi Nattak (08-17-2014)

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
well that alone is awesome to hear man we hope to, at the very least, see you around here and there, but we all know all to well how crazy and hectic real life can be

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC