Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Titan Extreme

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
To be more precise, if someone of your characters dies, you'll have to revive them immediately, or the titan(as soon as gets the turn) will target them, until they're dead, with inter... it's a single target, but removes dead allies, so that you'll lose the chance of reviving it and so 1 ally in less for the battle.

Pure trolling, if you ask me Laugh

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 25
Thanks Given: 15
Status
X-Zone
Tenkarider Wrote:To be more precise, if someone of your characters dies, you'll have to revive them immediately, or the titan(as soon as gets the turn) will target them, until they're dead, with inter... it's a single target, but
removes dead allies, so that you'll lose the chance of reviving it and
so 1 ally in less for the battle.

Now That is a Beast Move. Kungfu!

Shine 
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
(07-08-2014, 08:05 PM)Tenkarider Wrote: To be more precise, if someone of your characters dies, you'll have to revive them immediately, or the titan(as soon as gets the turn) will target them, until they're dead, with inter... it's a single target, but removes dead allies, so that you'll lose the chance of reviving it and so 1 ally in less for the battle.

Pure trolling, if you ask me Laugh

Hmm, so the battle fails to end in a loss even though the characters get sucked it? That's interesting, because in FF6ITBGE I swear the battle game-overed properly (if not, blame my faulty memory of a hack that I played maybe half a decade ago).

Confused Moogles FTW

Status
Atma
It's not what you're thinking: it won't never end with all 4 allies intered.
Here's an example, think to Ruby weapon: you must do exacly the opposite.

Instead of starting with only one character alive, in order to make him stop from using whirlwind, you'll have to keep the party alive, no matter what.

PS. if you lose, then it's triggered a custom scene in which you see the party at the bottom of the tower, coming out from the right side of the screen, jumping down from a rock, as if they barely managed to escape from the titan(all char are dead, so revive them, or reset).

What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
(07-08-2014, 09:15 PM)Tenkarider Wrote: It's not what you're thinking: it won't never end with all 4 allies intered.
Here's an example, think to Ruby weapon: you must do exacly the opposite.

Instead of starting with only one character alive, in order to make him stop from using whirlwind, you'll have to keep the party alive, no matter what.

PS. if you lose, then it's triggered a custom scene in which you see the party at the bottom of the tower, coming out from the right side of the screen, jumping down from a rock, as if they barely managed to escape from the titan(all char are dead, so revive them, or reset).

I wasn't thinking all four allies would be in there. I thought the issue was that some allies would get sucked in, the others would die, and the game would think that you won (because the event didn't take your death into account properly). I didn't realize that dying wasn't supposed to result in a Game Over.

Confused Moogles FTW

Status
Atma
If you die, it's triggered a scene related to your lost.

Anyway i saw with my eyes the infamous text bug... not funny Sad

I noticed another problem: dischord seems to be cumulative and stay even after death in this battle... was it on purpose? it's like a count down, and atma weapon that deals 25 damage with max hp... meh.

Find

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
(07-08-2014, 03:31 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: MORE EDIT: yeah I keep having the item menu freeze up on me, mostly when he goes in for an attack while I'm in it. Usually it's the Mountain Buster move. Swapping out a weapon for another seems to unstick that one. It's all probably related to the 1st bug that happened though, causing these other ones for me. To sum it all up though, the background and menu seem to be glitching when I am in a menu scrolling the spells while he is doing one of his attacks.

I noticed it happen a lot with Mountain Buster too. Has anyone found this on another move? I'm wondering now if I have a bad byte 10 and it has nothing to do with my custom code...

(07-08-2014, 04:48 PM)Tenkarider Wrote: First Death landslide is triggered at 100% from equip safety bit, offering, miracle shoes, anything that gives auto protect, auto float...
Looks like it accepts ribbon, sprint shoes, cure ring.
I'd had bet more on ribbon, but safety bit was banned instead because blocks dischord added effect to one of the custom moves, i don't remember which one anyway...

You are on the right track! There are certain things I didn't want you to have auto-access too.

(07-08-2014, 10:11 PM)Tenkarider Wrote: If you die, it's triggered a scene related to your lost.

It's actually the same scene as if you win. I just made it ambiguous so it could be taken as either. Unfortunately, the game will never trigger the battle as failed when people were removed from the battle, because sneeze and engulf both only work on living allies... I thought about writing custom code for it, but meh. I was more focused on the battle.

(07-08-2014, 10:11 PM)Tenkarider Wrote: I noticed another problem: dischord seems to be cumulative and stay even after death in this battle... was it on purpose? it's like a count down, and atma weapon that deals 25 damage with max hp... meh.

This is intended. Account for it in your strategy. It hits in the same place everytime... unless no one is there.

Thanks for all the great feedback. I was a little worried I would have to post how his moves work and what to avoid but you guys are picking it up great, keep it up!
  Find

Status
Atma
"Thanks for all the great feedback. I was a little worried I would have to post how his moves work and what to avoid but you guys are picking it up great, keep it up! "

You're talking with the one who created the Ultimate Czar Dragon battle, after all Wink No need to know how works stuff, inside a battle at least.

" I noticed it happen a lot with Mountain Buster too. Has anyone found this on another move? I'm wondering now if I have a bad byte 10 and it has nothing to do with my custom code... "

No, it happens ONLY with Mountain Buster... the special, right?
It does't show his animation, it's weak and breaks the battle with that glitch... why? i'd like more another landslide(single target), rather than that attack...

I say this because it was almost dead, i smashed him, until the battle moved inside the caves... and when i almost got him... Mountain Buster.
Glitch and the battle went wild Sad Actually i managed to handle the bug right in that moment, but it was too late since he stole me Cyan with inter, due to the glitch and a temporary jamming of my strategy.

I may try to finish him later, maybe i'll record my eventual victory too.
After studying a bit the property of the battle/boss/skills, i created a deadly strategy for Titan EX, i use against him even his checks on allies status Hold on
I'll write it only when i'll have the video that proves my victory.

Anyway you put down many nice ideas!!
I was also planning to put some of them in the update of my Czar(before you posted the titan), for example the battle that moves in the sky.

I'll write a small note on my hack, just to avoid that "someone" will start to say that i stole some idea from you: I'll switch the battle with the 4 stages of kefka fight, the background will change 4 times, one of the screens will be the sky, probably waterfall and house in flame too(still work in progress).

One last thing: which are the musics that played in the sky and in the
caves?(name, game to which they belong)

Find

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
(07-09-2014, 10:44 AM)Tenkarider Wrote: You're talking with the one who created the Ultimate Czar Dragon battle, after all Wink No need to know how works stuff, inside a battle at least.

Well, I guess I should be thankful you made it 23 hours and 8 posts before you brought it up.

(07-09-2014, 10:44 AM)Tenkarider Wrote: No, it happens ONLY with Mountain Buster... the special, right?
It does't show his animation, it's weak and breaks the battle with that glitch... why? i'd like more another landslide(single target), rather than that attack...

Tumult is his special that's animation-less. Did it happen then or during Mountain Buster?

(07-09-2014, 10:44 AM)Tenkarider Wrote: I say this because it was almost dead, i smashed him, until the battle moved inside the caves... and when i almost got him... Mountain Buster.
Glitch and the battle went wild Sad Actually i managed to handle the bug right in that moment, but it was too late since he stole me Cyan with inter, due to the glitch and a temporary jamming of my strategy.

Sorry 'bout that.

(07-09-2014, 10:44 AM)Tenkarider Wrote: One last thing: which are the musics that played in the sky and in the
caves?(name, game to which they belong)

Cave's has 2, so if you only heard one then you haven't made it to phase 5 yet (no worries tho, its actually not much harder than 4). I discovered you can deal enough damage to keep him from even cycling his whole skill rotation once. It would take either a longer fight (pointless in my mind), or adding more moves per turn to the rotation to make it significantly harder. Like I said in the OP, it was designed with the Titan Extreme Primal fight from FFXIV, which is a real-time MMO with 8 independent players moving in full 360 avoiding attacks. I had to get really creative just to get here.

Sky:
FFIV: Run!, imported by Royaken

Caves:
Phase 4
FFIX: Assault of the Silver Dragons, imported by Royaken
Phase 5
FFT: Unavoidable Battle, imported (special for this boss) by Gi Nattak.

Edit: I had a potential Epiphany moment on the glitch. I might be having a divided by zero problem (damn paradoxical math) in the partial defense ignore code... Do me a favor and when the glitch happens note who the target of the particular attack was and tell me their defense rating. If it hits multiple targets at once (like mountain buster), tell me all the characters, if its a multi-hit attack (like tumult) give me the person hit before and after the glitch appears. So say it looks like it appears on attack 4, give me target 3 and target 4. Make sure you designate which is which in your post. I will be doing some testing without that code running to see if the glitch still appears.
  Find

Status
Atma
"Tumult is his special that's animation-less. Did it happen then or during Mountain Buster?"

Due to apply an american patch to another language rom, Tumult(special) results me as Mountain Buster, and the actual Mountain Buster is called Mt. Buster... weird. Anyway they both trigger the bug, despite i know how to not trigger it(Mt. Buster makes it more rarely, anyway).

I also saw the last form, i may actually beat him, but i suddenly decided that i'll beat him with only 2 allies Laugh
Could you tell me how much hp has each form?(how much damage takes before changing form) I ask it because the Titan doesn't like much my strategy, and risk to not trigger the next form, until i attack him manually... so i attack at random when i deal about 1/5 of his hp(in order to see the whole battle), but first forms has actually less than 260000 hp.

The special(in my case the one who's called Mountain Buster, without animation so i'm sure about that), targets Terra which has 227 defence and 210 Mdefence(anyway the invisible animation appears only once).

PS. I don't know if it's related to math, but if i don't do absolutely anything, while Titan uses that attack, the bug will be never triggered.
It's actived only if i open another command list(open magic/item/lore/... list ), or i skip the turn of one char to make act another ally instead.

Find