Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Toad sprite sheet (color fixed)

Threads: 7
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Hello,

Now, here's my second sprite sheet, also a WIP like the other one.

Here it is :
[Image: fuuuu.png]

Updated after a few advices :

Previous versions, so you can see the progress :
https://www.ff6hacking.com/misc/fuuuu.png

-------------------
Portrait

Based on this pic : http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100...k_Toad.jpg

----------------------
[EDIT] Updated Toad. I had to remove two colors (the dark grey and the medium skin color) in order to conform the spritesheet to the number of colors for playable characters (11 + transparent).

Here it is :

Linux and GIMP user
------------------
Sabin : Kefka ! Wait !!!
Kefka : Wait, he said ? Do I look like a waiter ?

My DeviantART

Threads: 25
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 15
Status
X-Zone
You have done pretty well in my perspective; as I am not a very good sprite editor myself, but I believe you have done well.

Shine 
  Find

Threads: 39
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Runic
Toad's head needs to be a tad bigger by a few pixels, but I like it so far and I see where you are going with this one, try to add some custom poses to make him stand out a little and add some Mario-themed details such as Toad holding his arms up in the air when he is angry or excited. But not bad at all, to get them in the game though, you'll need ff3se and FF3usME.
  Find

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 15
Thanks Given: 11
Status
Mental-Break
Nice another mario spriter Wink .. I always wanted to finish toad but I got super busy... anyways, I agree with crump.. you will need ff3usme to import in the game properly.. great job though btw!
  Find

Status
None
Thanks guys. Smile
I'll look at those app's compatibility with Wine (I wiped out XP this spring when I reinstalled Ubuntu on my P4 desktop) once I'm back from my WE in our camper trailer this Tuesday night. Right now I'm replying with my mobile.

Linux and GIMP user
------------------

My DeviantART

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
when you get the chance can you edit the original post to show your image please? thank you

*edit*

thanks

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
(06-29-2014, 07:57 PM)Ishimaru Chiaki Wrote: Thanks guys. Smile
I'll look at those app's compatibility with Wine (I wiped out XP this spring when I reinstalled Ubuntu on my P4 desktop) once I'm back from my WE in our camper trailer this Tuesday night. Right now I'm replying with my mobile.

We might be both showing our age here, but by P4 do you mean Pentium 4? If so I'm surprised it runs with any modern OS, granted I only have limited experience with Ubuntu.
  Find

Status
None
Yes, I mean by Pentium 4. It has 1gb ram and its cpu is 2.8 GHz.
One of Linux's assets is that it can run on old PCs thanks to the in-built open source drivers in the kernel. Some distros (ex : puppy, DSL) can run on even P1 computers. It's a nice way to recycle computers that are still functional.

I'm a Ubuntu user since May 15 2008 and now the current Ubuntu installation that's running on my PC is Lubuntu 14.04 LTS, a lightweight variant of the latest release.

I'm finally back from camping !

I worked on my Toad sprite tonight and I made a few changes, here's the update :

With palette order (16px row)

(06-27-2014, 06:01 PM)CrumpledMedal Wrote: Toad's head needs to be a tad bigger by a few pixels

The head's bottom part ? Because I'm trying to figure out what you are meaning exactly.

Quote:but I like it so far and I see where you are going with this one, try to add some custom poses to make him stand out a little and add some Mario-themed details such as Toad holding his arms up in the air when he is angry or excited.

I replaced the tent by a mushroom house in order to get rid of some extra colors brought by Mog's tent.
I also changed the angry/excited Toad pose (row 4, column 1)

Other extra pose suggestion is welcome, for I haven't played a lot of mario games because I suck at platforming games (I'm more at ease with RPGs - I'm too perfectionist)

But I have one question : What the heck is the pose left to the tent for ? I mean this :

If you have any example, show me please, because I have no clue, so I can't change it as long as I don't know what it is.

Quote:But not bad at all, to get them in the game though, you'll need ff3se and FF3usME.

I installed Wine (1.6) for testing and so far, ff3se seems to work fine. I haven't tested ff3usME yet.

Linux and GIMP user
------------------

My DeviantART

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 15
Thanks Given: 11
Status
Mental-Break
I uploaded it in ff6usme and it has a few pixel mistakes. It does look pretty decent for the most part. The laughing animation, casting animation, waving need a lil tweaking and it should be perfect for importing. And for the extra gap, it seems to be an extra animation that only terra uses in the game.
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
nowadays that blank spot is usually made for custom poses, I've done quite a few that are unique to each character

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC