Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
ROTDS beta testing

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
This hidden to the public thread is an alternative place to discuss anything regarding the latest beta testing of ROTDS, since the ROTDS site runs out of bandwidth so fast and assuredly every month...

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Gi Nattak for this post:
  • Magical Trevor (06-21-2014)

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
FIRST! lol

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
Since I'm the boring guy here, I may as well remember newcomers to read the rules before making their first post. I would suggest to some of you to pay attention to rule #11:

"11. No disgusting or x-rated material in your sig, posts, or anywhere else while you're in the forums. Not even in spoiler tags or links. If you feel the urge to display some thing that's mildly offensive but in a silly way (PG13 content), then you can use a spoiler tag."

This include shit and vomit gifs as well as making fun of minorities based on their weight or skin color, as an example. For the first offense you'll get a warning and an instant ban on the second offense.

Enjoy your stay!
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
ROM has been sent out!

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I got the email. Thanks. I might be a little busy this weekend but I'll give my first update as soon as I can.
  Find

Thanks Received: 3
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Alright! Already have my third party member, so I suppose I'll go ahead and comment with a link to the Google Doc where I'm writing all of my notes. (Available for anyone with the link to comment. Comment by dragging mouse over text, right click, then choose to comment.)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/10c-D...1COWE/edit
  Find

[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Magical Trevor for this post:
  • Gi Nattak (06-23-2014), Lockirby2 (06-21-2014), madsiur (06-21-2014)

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(06-21-2014, 09:12 PM)Magical Trevor Wrote: (Available for anyone with the link to comment. Comment by dragging mouse over text, right click, then choose to comment.)

That is a really good initiative and idea!
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
Alright, I have made it to the first save point. Get prepared to be bombarded with text again! Laugh

-In the Readme, it says that Poco is responsible for "Suggestive dialog changes." Wouldn't this imply that Poco is inserting explicit romantic dialogue into the hack? Laugh I think you meant "Suggested." I'm not beta testing the ReadMe, but that mistake was too funny to pass up!

-It's just too funny how Angelo is an awesome mage, Poco is a cool swordsman, and Nattak is the derp who gets knocked over in the first two seconds of the battle. Laugh

-Unfortunately, I've already managed to find a crash. Sad
-> Let the screen scroll down all the way during the opening portion with all the lightning.
-> Start the game and watch the extended opening.
-> The game will freeze during the cutscene, right after Tritoch flashes red/yellow/blue, (Nice touch, BTW) after the screen fades out.

-I was fully expecting the normal ghost sprites for some reason when they appeared. Boy was I surprised! I guess I'll have to be on my toes in the future. Smile

-Hearing the Narshe Mines music, I'm actually getting some nostalgia from earlier playthroughs.

EDIT: Maybe next time I'll check out making a Google Doc for my list of comments like Trevor did.

Or maybe we can make a general document for everybody to edit. It would have to have a convention to tell who made any particular paragraph, like:

Lockirby2: When you fight Zuriel, he can literally set your laptop on fire with his attacks. I would prefer this to be changed so that I don't have to keep buying new laptops.

I'm not sure how you guys would feel about this though, as it may get pretty chaotic. I'm just brainstorming here.

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Status
None
Well here's a few things on my end (just got Aurora by herself):

1. Nice ghost sprites
2. DAYUM! Tifa put up a hell of a fight against those three, at one point I thought she was actually going to win it! (though I knew she wouldn't)
3. The Fireweaver fight felt very balanced, took me awhile to beat it since I was mostly having Aurora blast it while the other two healed/resurrected when necessary while throwing in the occasional wimpy blast
4. Y'know, I always thought that Elixirs in Final Fantasy were nothing more than bottled spring water...

that's all so far!

EDIT!:

Just beat the "mini-war" section (the rescue Aurora mission) and I have only one thing to say:

I LOVE how you changed Dance! When I used it, I didn't expect to keep control of Mog and him just use a single random attack, I really like that!

EDIT!!:

So...I kind of got killed by the Plague....and went back to right before you see the flashback with Ronan and Serin (love how you gave them different sprites in the flashback) and I kind of...forgot to get the Cosmic Fang...It's going to be an interesting play without having the ability to confuse things....
  Find

Thanks Received: 0
Status
None
Small error: At imperial camp, when general Christophe is talking, His name in the dialogue box says Leo, instead of Christophe. Also, Kefka refers to him as Leo instead of Christophe here.

On the boat from Rampart to Jericho, Christophe's name in the dialogue box is Leo, and everyone is still referring to him as Leo. Also right before the fight with Leviathan, Tifa's sprite is frozen near the top left of the screen in the middle of the water, however it does not effect gameplay. I have a save state of this if needed.
  Find