Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
ROTDS beta testing

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
that's an awesome addition for Avalon, great job madsiur

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Well, I FINALLY beat that thing (lol), it took all 8 of my pizza's and 3 of my elixers but I finally managed to kill the bastard, now onto the final scenario as Ronan.
  Find

Status
None
you saved the best for last lol

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 5
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 2
Status
Medicated
After what [b]Lord Sutebenu[/b]
[Image: buddy_offline.gif] said, I wonder how many of you are buying items? "All 8 pizzas"? You only had 8? I stocked up on 30. Boss fights, I end up using at least 5 each because I hate using Recharge because the dudes generally die immediately after being revived.

I generally die to bosses a few times just to see their battle pattern and then can prepare properly though. The Zozo boss got me twice but the third time he went down pretty fast and easy.
I love finding all those tabs and randomly placed hidden items. I'm surprised by how many I find really. The gil in the forest lake near the two pigs? WHY did I even find that? lol

:Rawr! Having too much fun with this romhack. I've put in 15 "hours" so far according to the game clock. Minus frame-boosting to run around quicker and deaths.
Really gets me pumped to put time into my rom hack. Not that it'd ever compete with yours.

These sprites, most of them look fresh and completely new to me. Where are they from?

Status
None
This is probably a silly thing to say, but it'd be awesome if you were able to use the Costume Room to give Oboro his "long hair" version...just something that crossed my mind, lol
  Find

Status
None
its something that is being thought of but its not 100% at this point just yet

-HNIC

Status
None
I tell you what though, I just finished the Fraust battle and well let me put it this way:

Team One: Aurora & Ronan

Mostly gets along, but ultimately does not last in the long haul

Team Two: Tifa, Cloud, and Serin

You'd think this team would be pretty damn good, right? Nope, this is actually the weakest of the teams.

Team Three: Arc & Avalon

The team I labeled "ULTRAMEGAFOXYAWESOMEANDERMERGERDSOPOWERFUL!!!11!1ONE!"

Let me elaborate:
Avalon has his two strongest (at the time) weapons on and the best armor I could get him, his Relics: Angel Pendant and Griffon's Eye, having him use singular Havoc Strike he is doing over 1000 damage each hit at full health (when I got him I used the Golden Apple on him)

Arc, the magic eater: I have him with Cael's Hammer, and good defensive armor with the Speed Boots and First Strike, immediately casting Runic upon battle with Kefka and constantly being able to put up a consistent Runic shield made this battle bearable.

But all in all, if it were not for Arc and Avalon, most of the entire army would have decimated me (lol) They were in this playthrough essentially my Edgar in the vanilla FF6. (Edgar usually was only by himself and I would NoiseBlast then use the poison thing, what didn't die from poison, kills itself, lol)

These two single(double)handedly took down the entire army, the big mini-boss monster, oh and kicked Kefka ass with some difficulty...
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
Nice strategy there Sute. That's good to know that 2 characters can handle their own in that battle, even if they are owning them all lol; now I just wish the other characters could follow suit! I would like that whole battle to not have to rely on a dream team of 4, but still be challenging of course. Sounds like it's kinda getting there lol.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
None
when I did my battle in Frost I had my teams and they each held their own, I even attempted to fight kefka with each team and was successful

my teams were

Arc & Aurora (believe it or not, they held their own quite well)

Cloud & Tifa (they held their own too)

Ronin, Serin, and Avalon (this team just decimated all in their path lol)

-HNIC

Threads: 5
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 2
Status
Medicated
Battling the Lava monster in Thamasa;

I can't for the life of me hurt this thing! I killed him the first time with Osmose because I can't do enough damage to offset his 2000 regeneration per tick. I do an average of 500 damage per attack and 1000 with by bigger hits. (Terra was able to do 4000 morphed/splash, but once his reflect goes up...)

My bigger problem is fighting the second battle with Krosis. His Inverse is nice except when reflect comes up and lasts too long for his regeneration to bring him back to full health.
Shadow can do maybe 1000 damage with Shuriken's but dies so easily that Leo is constantly reviving him and is otherwise on healing duty.
I'm wondering if there's a strategy I'm missing here. I'm sure poison heals him too so I tried using Aqualin on the boss. I don't know of any confuse abilities I could use to make the bomblettes explode on the boss for me (which woulda been kinda cool).
Am I just too underpowered to break his regeneration? It doesn't seem like that's the answer seeing as most bosses have had a tangible strategy to squirrel around but this time I'm just stuck once he starts to protect/reflect and gets his regen on. I'd even go as far as to Rasp/Osmose him to death again but the second battle doesn't have magic users.

What do?
:Average level is 25.