Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
ROTDS beta testing

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
Someone could correct me if I'm wrong, but when Cloud met Arvis, Arvis says something like:

"... and the damage to the roof, who's gonna pay for that, the mayor?"

I think the correct way to write this would be:

"... who's gonna pay for that? the mayor?"

This is how it would be written if the sentence was in French, I'm not sure about English though...

(06-21-2014, 10:55 PM)Lockirby2 Wrote: I'm not sure how you guys would feel about this though, as it may get pretty chaotic. I'm just brainstorming here.

I think a common document would be a neat idea. It can't get more unorganized than posting impressions and things to correct in a thread on two different forums Tongue
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
(06-22-2014, 12:42 PM)Madsiur Wrote: I think a common document would be a neat idea. It can't get more unorganized than posting impressions and things to correct in a thread on two different forums Tongue

Thanks for the feedback, I have started a Google Doc here for a discussion page:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1akQb...26z2I/edit

Thanks for the idea Trevor! Everybody should be able to edit this one. Just don't modify parts that aren't you own please! Use Comments instead like we were doing in Trevor's document if it's not your own stuff.

I started it off with a couple things, but feel free to add.

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
@ Lockirby Wow that is an interesting and unfortunate freeze indeed. I have not a clue why it would do such a thing, something with how I looped the title screen thing I guess maybe... I'll shall look into it! And good find.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 3
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Yeah, I should have just made the doc available for everyone to EDIT. Ah well. I'm at the point where you can use the river to level-grind, so I'm debating if I want to or not. I mean, the bosses have just been kicking my ARSE EVERY TIME. I know it's supposed to be hard, but I'm always wondering if I'm under-leveled, even though I'm fighting every fight, grinding a little here and there, exploring everything, etc.
  Find

Threads: 5
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 2
Status
Medicated
Send you in email but I'll repost here so I can just edit this post;

Bug:
-Agreeing to help Baron/Astral does not reward you the Cat's Bell or any other item.

Oddity:
-Beam Blade (Cloud) against the Nemesis before the Raditz fight
has the beam travel downward instead of up towards the sprite (floating
near the top) and detonates half off screen blocked by the menu. Changing the unit formation might fix this.

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
that's an interesting bug with blade beam Odbarc, I know exactly what you're talking about but it didn't happen to me, very interesting

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
Nattak\'d
Just wanted to say that you guys are doing a great job, and thanks Magical Trevor for the detailed grammar fixes, I am actually learning a thing or two here! I appreciate it greatly sir. =)

@ Lockirby:

- That's very interesting about the battle speeds, I wasn't aware of how it would affect the battlescript timer(s), that remain unwavering to the speed change.

@ Magical Trevor:

- Where is that map error you described?

- One funny thing, Aurora's mother is actually named Dawne lol >_< I was going for a name for her that is similar in meaning. Dawn is different that Dawne though technically I s'pose, but it's funny.

- The levels and stats do not reset or anything like that in the WoR, I did take out the level averaging stuff for all the characters except for I think Shadow once. I did take out the esper bonuses as well, in it's place is a FF1 random +1 stats per level gain system, and of course those many stat tabs that are to be found. I'm hoping that it will still feel like stat progression but not be as overpowered as the esper bonus system was.

- The WoB overworld music is basically a combination of DQ1 overworld theme and FFIV's, the main theme of DQ's and the harp action of FFIV. 'Tis a beautiful song indeed.
And yeah the Seascape Town's music is Foresta from FFMQ.

- The miss graphic doesn't show up for status attacks if they are immune, it should be like that though I agree, that would be nice! I will look into that, but it may be beyond my skill level.

- Will look into the Earth Blitz, and sorry about the Fire Dance being problematic to execute, I share your pain ever since my damn controller died. Maybe it's a good idea to change it to something that allows it to be done on a keyboard, I'll consider it anyways for the sake of keyboard users like ourselves lol.

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
In regards to changing blitzes (combos) for the purpose of helping keyboard players...please do
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
Yeah, I can see how it would be nigh impossible to execute the diagonal arrow ones on a laptop. However, trying them out here on my nice fat PC keyboard, while difficult I was able to bust them out with relative ease - it is definitely possible lol.

As for the Earth Blitz not working Magical Trevor, it works fine for me here: X Y X Y down, up, A did in fact work. Make real doubly sure your keys are set up correctly like the SNES controller.

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
(06-23-2014, 10:41 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: - The WoB overworld music is basically a combination of DQ1 overworld theme and FFIV's, the main theme of DQ's and the harp action of FFIV. 'Tis a beautiful song indeed.

Best overworld theme ever. So much nostalgia wrapped into 8 tracks on top of FFVI makes my head a'splode.
  Find