Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FF6 Tenkarider's contest (accessible even to casuals)

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
(03-28-2015, 02:38 PM)Tenkarider Wrote: Was that the problem about position of numbers, among zeros and ":" ? actually i didn't follow any rule, except that it was quite obvious when it was an hour or not...
If you had problems with the one above then there's no surprise to see you skrewed the enigma... almost everywhere there was 0:XX time measures!
btw i never used as time value something like 0:00:YY, how could it be possible that i was always talking about minutes... besides keeping valid that rule, the whole logic puzzle was destined to collapse, since there was no way to making become unknown when i was talking about seconds or minutes.

The issue was the fact that a time of 4:00 could only be taken as an hour due to the formatting, but 0:50 could be taken as minutes or seconds despite the formatting. Inconsistencies like that one make it hard to work out how things are intended to be.

Sure, the logic puzzle would have collapsed if it was taken the wrong way... but it was hard to come to that conclusion. Simply understanding the instructions requires a lot of guesswork already due to the unclear use of language, and the more guesswork that gets piled on to something like this, the shakier any future guessing gets.

(03-28-2015, 02:38 PM)Tenkarider Wrote: Said that, i don't know what else you still don't understand about XOR and AND sentences...

I understand it now. It was when I guessed the clock combination that I didn't understand it.

(03-28-2015, 02:38 PM)Tenkarider Wrote: and where language barrier is involved here... Sad

Unfortunately, a lot of the statements that you made did not make sense. In fact, you may not notice in most cases, but a lot of guesswork is usually involved in interpreting your statements, because they are not valid sentences. This is less often an issue on forums because they don't have space restrictions like a text box, and there's more context to determine what is being said. Even for a native English speaker, it would likely have been difficult to express the instructions for this clearly in the cramped space, but for you it's pretty much nearly impossible, not that it was entirely your fault.

Cecil noted as well to me IRL that he found understanding what the instructions were saying to be the tripping point in solving this.

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
Quote:The issue was the fact that a time of 4:00 could only be taken as an hour due to the formatting, but 0:50 could be taken as minutes or seconds despite the formatting. Inconsistencies like that one make it hard to work out how things are intended to be.

Wait a second: here's is where i have to stop you... THAT was intended to be in that way: it's not an error that 0:50 could be used both for second and minutes, i made that on purpose: only crossing other clues you could determinate if it was seconds or minutes!
Even "0:50 statements are not redundant" is meant to be in that way: you could have only one 0:50 statement who talked about minutes and only one who talked about seconds, but NOT 2+ statements who talked about 0:50 seconds or minutes:
- one 0:50(seconds) and one 0:50(minutes) -> it's ok;
- one and zero -> it's ok;
- zero and one -> it's ok;
- zero and zero -> it's ok; (yet impossible Laugh)
- two or more and (any number) -> not valid;
- (any number) and two or more -> not valid;
- two or more and two or more -> not valid.

have this one explained the situation better? with this one cleared were you still not able to understand the puzzle(before the explaination)?

P.S. if distinguishing seconds and minutes were so much problematic, then you should had to PM me about that... Sad

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Status
Double
(03-28-2015, 04:49 PM)Tenkarider Wrote: Wait a second: here's is where i have to stop you... THAT was intended to be in that way: it's not an error that 0:50 could be used both for second and minutes, i made that on purpose: only crossing other clues you could determinate if it was seconds or minutes!

You misread my post... I knew that this is indeed correct. I was saying that the formatting of the hours was inconsistent, which is why I didn't think this was correct when I did the challenge.

(03-28-2015, 04:49 PM)Tenkarider Wrote: P.S. if distinguishing seconds and minutes were so much problematic, then you should had to PM me about that... Sad

Unfortunately, the PMs only go so far. This was a case where I didn't understand something, and didn't even know I was misunderstanding it! I had no reason to ask about it because I thought I was understanding it correctly. Tongue

Confused Moogles FTW

Status
Atma
Even the hour was written in that way on purpose, besides i thought the fact hours always had a single digit would never left any doubt on the fact it was an hour...

What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 14
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 5
Status
None
Can I still record the previous tasks? or I need to record the current one first, or I need to start all over from the first task.

[Image: kung_ku.png]
  Find

Status
Atma
You can definitively play/record whatever task you want: even if that won't make you win anything(unless you'll do it within the time), i'll still post your video(for your effort), or you can post it here, instead... if you want.

Find

Status
Atma
This time i exaggerated a bit... but it was worth of it Tongue

Here's the new task:

Task #8: The best show ever!!!

Here's the link:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/dbyvbz...+FIXED.rar

Place: WoB, next to Opera House;

Area of the task: Jidoor-Opera House area;

Enemies: Rats and Ultros;

Task goal: Doing a performance on the stage with Locke, Edgar and Gau... good enough to allow you at least to stop the public from asking back the money they paid for the ticket (get at least rank D)

Rom version: 1.0(headered)
What's hacked: battle dialogues, map dialogues, some item, some treasure, monster AI, events, background, spells, music, custom event command;

A disaster happened: Celes started to sing!!! what's the matter? well, she's a general... not some opera's floozy. Besides looks like she's the only one "with trousers" there... you'll understand what i mean when you'll play it.
To make a long story short, the Impresario gave you just one last chance to play the scene as Maria... Celes will try her best to not being definitively kicked out from Opera House, at least.
It's up to Locke to save the day... for real: he also bought in Jidoor some "firework" at a cheap price... he thought they might be handy.
Sabin really doesn't care at all about opera; Cyan like much more to read poems, rather that watching opera, just don't count on them: they won't come(so it's forbidden to swap them in Narshe)
On the other side Edgar loves opera and Gau likes songs, so it's a deal.

Guess what? yup, Ultros will try to ruin an opera, or maybe not? he actually wanna toss the weight on Celes, so that she'll finally stop her voice, but his goal is actually another one: he's just pretending of doing that, he just want show his inner talent as actor... as bad guy role.
Despite that he actually hides a real talent and he's only waiting you to drag you in the stage and fight.

The funny thing is that you share the same goal(save the day), but you don't even know that...
So you have to reach Ultros, fall and fight him on the stage: adding the lame performance to the whole mess done from Locke and Ultros, the result is that the public is heavily disappointed and ready to go away, unless the fight turns into some unexpected masterpiece... now i'll explain details about the task:

1) WoB area monsters are cleaned out from the hack: don't search for a fight, while that won't gonna happen, if you go in some cave or other enemy areas, the task won't be valid;
2) If you don't enter immediately inside Opera House, then the only thing that you're allowed to do is doing shopping in Jidoor(if you enter in any other town, the task won't be valid)
3) Take your time, buy what you have to and prepare your build: the timer will start only when you enter inside Opera House(still you have to record also what you do before you enter)
4) Rats are good for some quick grind: remember that;
5) In any case the real thing is the battle on the stage: You have to impress the public and perform some special stunt and/or special effect.
Stuff like this might be good for entertain the public:
- Endure the fight against Ultros, he has 10 forms + ???, the stage master will do the rest with lights and music choices, don't worry about that(each time a new form will spawn, the score will raise) ;
- Your fireworks works perfecty here... while they are just beautiful to watch, they're not designed to harm the target. The public will love them, but don't use them too much often, or they might get sick of them... (max once of each firework item, until the next form won't show) ;
- Everybody love fiction... just kicking the ass of the enemy might result less enjoyable than winning, after risking of being defeated from the bad guy, you know what i mean, right? Wink still Locke is considered the hero: it's not great to see the hero lying on the ground... maybe that fits better for comrades(have one ally wounded; have 2 allies wounded, except Locke)
PS. that won't work more that once;
- Marvelous attacks like Espers or Desperations, you'll get score from any of them;
- And obviously The finishing strike: according on how you beat Ultros, you'll get an essential piece of score here... both the situation and the attack are factors:
- Have you mixed the ones above?

- ???

PS. if public starts to getting bored, you're gonna lose some point, so try to not make pass too much time since the last time you got some extra point.

6) According to your performances, you'll get score and finally a rank, from D to S:

- less than 15 points: Public goes away -> task failed;
- 15-29 points: rank D ;
- 30-44 points: rank C ;
- 45-59 points: rank B ;
- 60-74 points: rank A ;
- 75-78 points: rank S.

It's not just an immaginary counter to keep in mind: this battle, due to the custom event command i created, leads to 7 different reactions from the event(one is gameover, one is task fail and the last 5 ones are the ranks related to your score)

7) You're allowed to escape, against Ultros: not really much epic but still better than fail the task... you'll save your current score and be ranked according to it.

PS. Task Manager is VERY hard to find this time.

Time start: Beginning of April 10;

Time end: The end of May 10;

When you record the task, task's timer starts as soon as you enter inside Opera House.
Enjoy the task!!

Find

Status
Double
Are we allowed to look inside the ROM on this one?

Confused Moogles FTW

Status
Atma
It's fine, if you really want it... beware to Ultros script, which is long something like 1200 bytes... if we don't count the last form Tongue

PS. i'd be grateful if you don't exploit the location of Task Manager with FF6 LE rogue or similars, at least...

Find

Status
Atma
Fixed an exploit in Ultros AI script...
Download this one: (btw old links will be replaced)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/dbyvbz...+FIXED.rar

Sorry for the problem.

Find