Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Mini-Contest Idea

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
Hmm...I just thought of something random that seems like it could be interesting...

My idea was to post a specific save for others to download (to play on a base ROM probably, but maybe even a hack if I feel so inclined). Then I'd give players a specific task to complete starting from that save, as fast as possible. Everybody submits a YouTube video, which is unlisted until the mini-contest period ends (Although please send the link to me at least!). If you're interested and can't record to .avi (or something similar) well, I'd be happy to record it for you. Just use ZNSES's movie recording feature and send me those files.

The nature of the challenge would probably be mostly casual, not "UBER-HARDCORE GOTTA MINIMIZE THE FRAMES" precise. I just think it would be more fun to just let it roll and see what people come up with. The tasks should be things that anybody can do, but a strong player should be able to do faster.

I'm mostly posting this to see who might be interested in doing this sort of thing. If you think you might want to do something like this, then drop a message here. I'm just worried about starting something like this and having nobody post anyways.

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
I won't try it, but i don't mind seeing more life in this site, sometimes it results quite static... Hold on

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 25
Thanks Given: 15
Status
X-Zone
Sounds very Interesting; I would like to Participate in this. Tenkarider's right, I'd like to see this site become more Lively.

Shine 
  Find

Status
Double
Glad to hear it, I had a feeling you would be up for this Cyprus.

I'm hoping for at least three people in total. My brother might also want to try this, come to think of it...

Confused Moogles FTW

Status
Atma
Just three people is something that could accept one like me, when proposing an almost impossible challenge... Objection!

You should expect 10-20 people at least: i mean, it's an accessible goal to anybody!!! Laugh

What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 233
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(06-15-2014, 04:10 PM)Tenkarider Wrote: I won't try it, but i don't mind seeing more life in this site, sometimes it results quite static...

This forum aims at showing your work, hack or ask questions about FF6 modding. If nobody ask question or nobody show their work, well the forum activity suffers from it. This forum is very specific, it will never have the activity of RHDN as an example.

That been said, I will attempt this challenge but I might withdraw after the first round if it requires too much time... I'll give it a try.
  Find

Status
Double
I'm trying to avoid it taking too much time for people who don't want to spend too much time on it, because I know most people are busy (I know I am too). It's something that will hopefully be possible to do in a hour or two (over the course of a month, I'm hoping to do it monthly) if you are only going to spend a little time thinking and take one go at it.

Of course, people can spend more time if they want to optimize it more as well.

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 25
Thanks Given: 15
Status
X-Zone
Lockirby Wrote:I'm trying to avoid it taking too much time for people who don't want to
spend too much time on it, because I know most people are busy (I know I
am too). It's something that will hopefully be possible to do in a hour
or two (over the course of a month, I'm hoping to do it monthly) if you
are only going to spend a little time thinking and take one go at it.

Time doesn't really matter to me; as I always find myself wandering off my duties to fool around.

Shine 
  Find

Status
Double
Alright, let's get this rolling!

Here's the save: http://www.2shared.com/file/dB1jmtBY/Ice...n_FF6.html

Your task is pretty simple this time around. You will simply be killing the Ice Dragon. Not too hard, right? You're even level 40, quite a decent level, probably what some casual players would be when fighting the final boss. Yes, it should be a simple straightfor-Hey wait, have you looked in your item inventory lately?

Yes, Sabin has finally gotten tired of carrying around the absurd amount of weight in your anti-matter bag, and hocked it to the nearest vendor for 30 000 GP when the others weren't looking. You can't blame him. It's almost as heavy as a train or a house! All you have left were the things Celes and Edgar were carrying. Don't even bother thinking Setzer was carrying any of it. Hmm

Nothing in the WoR has been touched (even the things which any rational player would grab, like the Man Eater in Darill's Tomb), save a couple things. The Thunder Shield in Mt. Zozo, the Striker has been acquired, and the Sr. Behemoth has been killed. Getting Cyan and Shadow will be much faster than otherwise expected due to this, if getting to them happens to be part of your plan. Use your 30 000 GP wisely. Sabin put a lot of effort into haggling it up from 25 000 GP. Hold on

BTW, Joker Doom and Vanish/Doom are perma-banned, unless I explicitly allow them. And I don't see why I would. But maybe I'll have a reason at some point...

Confused Moogles FTW

Status
Atma
Done. (trolling style) Laugh
Check my PM to get the link to my video Wink

Did i do it late?

PS. when it ends the time for the challenge?
and what will you do with our videos? posting somewhere?

Find