Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
[FINISHED!!!] Ultimate Czar dragon boss fight

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
Finally, here's the the first attempter of my challenge that has put the video in his channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6UQ7XryjVs

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Status
Atma
Ok, since i'm already working at the corrected and also final version of the Ultimate Czar Dragon boss, i wanted to know your opinion about possibles implementations that i may apply to my hack:

- If you already seen the unused contents video, and other threads related, probably you already know what i'm talking about... i'm quite determined to apply that stage(in which the Czar pursues the party), and maybe others graphical effects that would be cool at sight Wink

I still have to test some possible changes that may substitute my final solution, but i'm probably gonna switch Kefka's final battle forms with the whole fight against the czar, so you'll see the battle scrolling 4 times(5 HP bars for each stage) ;[

That will also mean that the fight could involve the whole cast of FF6(all 14 characters Surprised ) that would mean more grinding(despite it's doable in a snap), but man... it may come out an amazing fight!!! Objection!

So... my question is: what do you think about that? would you be disposed to do something like that, in order to make a glorious fight???

Tell me you opinion, please. Wink

What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
I've looked at your script thoroughly and I've noticed that you pretty much copied a handful of Lord Envoy's scripts and just tweaked them around here and there, also a lot of what you made the boss do is redundant, you pretty much made this boss hard to near impossible for no reason, and gave an extremely linear solution to kill it, no offense but anybody can make a boss unstoppable for no reason, but if you want your boss hack to have more feedback and whatnot, you should be more original, make something standout, try to do something that hasn't been done before, try and look at ways to make the fights challenging, but fun, these are just a few basic essentials you need to make a good boss hack (and I haven't even touched on custom spells and/or monsters), I get that you were inspired off Lord Envoy and its cool to try and follow his example (he is, in my opinion one of if not the best battle script writer out there), but dude try and be more original,

also, please, I get that you want people to check out your stuff and everything like that, but if people keep hearing you go on and on about your challenge they're more then likely not gonna want to look at it, plus it can get really annoying, you don't need to go no on and on about it, and also can you do me a favor? and THOROUGHLY look through the rules? thanks (I'm sorry to come off as an as*h**e, but I'm blunt and say what I have to say)

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
Atma
You shouldn't jump to quick conclusions. Hold on

You said that i mostly copied the script of Lord Envoy, but the truth is that actually I DON'T EVEN KNOW what's inside his script!!! ;[

The only thing that i know is that he used the hp cycle and that changes the AI throughout the fight.

AND i created my custom hp cycle script BEFORE even knowing that someone had already invented it.

Surely the fight on youtube inspired me to create the boss, but the only thing that i saw of his script was how to set the if handlers in order to not mess up with the algorithm(the Czar was my first time that i created a battlescript, so i had to learn the script rules too).

His power has a reason, you have all the means to beat him, and i created it in this way, following my istinct and putting many different moves + events that changes the situation in battle, i haven't forced anything to be near impossible, i simply created from zero this boss, thinking to a boss than no one could make better and setting a difficulty that stops just one step before becoming impossible for real(in that way no one will be able to create an harder fight, without making it impossible). Tongue

Also, i don't really know what do you mean with a linear solution... killing with melee or magic? I set the hack in order to give to any character the chance to shine in the battle(i'll do something also for Umaro in this update), you cannot just attack the dragon and so on, you have to change something, for example... in the form n.3 you'll be destroyed by quake, if you won't stop a moment and set float to vulnerable allies and to Czar, in order to not make him heal from his quake, but you could also use force field, or why not using debilitator, instead? In that way he'll kill his form with his own hands Laugh

I'm really sorry for you, if you aren't able to see the whole number of possibilities that FF6 offers to the player to counter Czar, maybe the FF6 community really needs of hacks like this, that push the player to find new ideas and to use any useful resource to beat the obstacles.

While people like you started to state this boss just as nearly impossible(probably without even fighting him), Lockirby2 has already found a strategy or two that i couldn't even imagine before, that's the way to solve a problem: find your own solution.

About challenging and fun, i already gave a proper answer 3-4 times to different people/sites, so i'll pm you the same answer later.

Surely it's not your fault if your first impression was that i merely copied the Emperor dragon of Lord Envoy, but that really hurts me anyway... Sad
I cannot help with that, if me and Lord Envoy had similars ideas, but if i should plan the greatest boss possible(without hex editing, or something), then i couldn't imagine something different from my boss: i created it following that purpose and i used almost any strange move of the game(except love token and entice, just to not mess up too much the battle), in order to make it original in my way.
The creation of my boss took me about 1 month, for planning everything and learning to battlescript, i put all what the FF6 experience gave me inside the Czar, plus all my hardcore experiences in RPG games, it wanted to be a gift for all FF6 gamers, to share my creation... if you don't like it, then respect it at least, please... Sad

In any case i really thank Lord Envoy to have created that boss, it inspired me to create the mine, that's what made me enter in this site and share my ideas to the others, besides i'd stopped after this boss, but all your creations pushed me to find new ideas to make other hacks Smile
So, thanks to all the site!! Wink

About following rules, don't worry: i'll do my best to be more respectful!! Hello

Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
If you simply looked at and learned how to go about making your boss from referencing Lord Envoy's script(s), I think that is okay and understandable. But if there is evidence that you directly copied his stuff over to yours that you call your own that's another story. I'd like to see some evidence first or hear from Lord Envoy about the matter before I can draw any conclusions one way or another.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
Atma
whatever you want, but my script is invented all my me, the only way that i know to bypass 65535 is the hp cycle(still invented by me. after taking a look to the one in the site, i realized that it couldn't even handle half of the events of my Czar, my HP cycle is only designed for the Czar, it wouldn't work with anything else)

About forms... C'mon it's basically the golden rule of RPG greatest boss fights to give to the boss many forms!!! Laugh
besides 20 hp bars = 20 different forms, otherwise it would become boring.
Giving gradually new behaviors to the boss is natural as breathing for me.

The moves are similar? if they are the strongest moves, then you cannot change that, both me and Lord Envoy probably chose the best one in order to make a great boss.
I don't rely too much on elements, it's not compatible with create the hardest fight, if you can absorb or make useless most of his attacks with forcefield...
For status moves, i took the most annoying(except sour mouth: i didn't knew it was bad breath! Laugh )
Anyway i was bounded too from overflow: at the game doesn't like too much, when you decide to put a monster lv 255, for damage calculation... Finger
PS. i don't know what moves he put in the Emperor Dragon: in the video of Lockirby2 the dragon has barely the chance of breathe Laugh

One last note: if i'l ever copy the work of someone else in order to claim as mine something like the greatest work of all times... before that i'd quit the site, i'd leave from my house and jump under the first train that passes from the station.

No, really: there's nothing that counts more than my videogamer's pride, not even my life.
People who steals the efforts of someone greater than him(claiming it as his work), deserves to be treated as garbage by anyone who has a pride.

I don't wanna be identified as one of them nor i'll tollerate it by anyone.
you don't need a month to steal someone else work and tweak here and there, for what reason, anyway? i'd never waste 1 month of studying at university just for make some shit like that: my work is definitively worth of the effort.

And i'd never ruin my reputation as Tenkarider, it's not just a name.
My ambition is to create better and better games, until i'll reach an high level and eventually create games who are notorius to the whole gamers comunity(if i'll be good enough Laugh ), all that under the name of Tenkarider.

If you cannot trust even to that, then my opinion about this site will be destined to precipitate.

Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
from what I've seen, its a matter of custom patterns that I've discussed with him in the past

Tenkarider, our discussion will continue via private messaging not here

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
Atma
As you wish, but now i gotta go... laters.

Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
"One last note: if i'l ever copy the work of someone else in order to claim as mine something like the greatest work of all times... before that i'd quit the site, i'd leave from my house and jump under the first train that passes from the station.

No, really: there's nothing that counts more than my videogamer's pride, not even my life.
People who steals the efforts of someone greater than him(claiming it as his work), deserves to be treated as garbage by anyone who has a pride."

While this is funny and I agree to a certain extent, it's pretty sad also. =(

"And i'd never ruin my reputation as Tenkarider, it's not just a name.
My ambition is to create better and better games, until i'll reach an high level and eventually create games who are notorius to the whole gamers comunity(if i'll be good enough [Image: laughing.gif] ), all that under the name of Tenkarider."

Good luck with that! You shouldn't take this so seriously. In the end it should be a hobby for fun, not a challenge to be the best and brag about it or a popularity contest. If you want to be the best you should take some videogame programming classes and get into a company and work your way up.

Anyways I will leave it at that.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Gi Nattak for this post:
  • SSJ Rick (07-03-2014)

Status
Atma
"While this is funny and I agree to a certain extent, it's pretty sad also. =( "

Hey, that doesn't mean that i don't know the value of the other things Laugh
But since it's what i wanna do in my life, as fun/work/etc...
Then i take this seriously. Objection!

I don't get why an extreme challenge cannot be considered hobby for fun, anyway... Sad i really enjoy it, especially because winning an hard challenge gives a priceless satisfaction, and rises your gaming level Wink

Besides it's not a matter of bragging about the victory... if that was the point, i'd had try to break Lockirby2 records in the Emperor dragon challenge, but i don't really care about that...
It's something more personal, something like a feeling similar to the one of guys that climb the mountains as a sport: the best climbers, sooner or later will attempt to climb the Everest. Got it?

Thanks for your answer about my future work projects, anyway Wink

Find