Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Gaining a greater health from Potions?

Threads: 94
Thanks Received: 17
Thanks Given: 26
Status
Charmed
I can't make it higher than 255 with FF3usME, so, is there a way to suprass the limit thing?
Kinda want to make potions still have some use after, well, the first third of the game basically.

(prays to Arceus for it to not require hex editing)

Thanks in advance, blah blah blah, if I get a response I'll upload the updated Angry Video Game Nerd sheet.

Step forward, spriters! We are also responsible to make hacks look new and fresh, we are no less important than code or ASM hackers! CHARGE!!

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
I haven't checked how the items work exactly but if you can't get a value higher than 255, that means it reads only 1 byte. I have checked where the value is, and both bytes next to it (the one to the left and the one to the right) are used too. Something tells me that it would be a pain in the ass to change that Tongue

[Image: SvEf6Yh.png]
  Find

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 2
Status
Zombie
If you check on an items code like the elixir and see how it does the 9999 maybe you can figure out how to go down easier than going up and figure it out.
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
I'm pretty sure that the Elixir is just coded to heal a character to their max HP. It's not really adjustable. You won't be able to specify a value above 255 very easily.

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
As Xenovant stated, that item property is stored on one byte. However it would probably be possible to multiply that value with a condition for the specific item number (potion) in bank C2 and C3.
  Find

Threads: 94
Thanks Received: 17
Thanks Given: 26
Status
Charmed
bank C2 and C3

HEX EDITOR WE MEET AGAIN

Allright It's gonna be a pain in the ass but I'm willing to give it a shot. I'll just need some of you to help me and all.
...uh, pretty please?

Step forward, spriters! We are also responsible to make hacks look new and fresh, we are no less important than code or ASM hackers! CHARGE!!

Threads: 25
Thanks Given: 15
Status
X-Zone
If I remember Correctly, you can edit Potions to where it gives you One-Fourth or One-Half of your Max HP.

Shine 
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
I would personally love a mega potion, it'll heal exactly 1000 HP to the entire party

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 25
Thanks Given: 15
Status
X-Zone
d-_-b Wrote:I would personally love a mega potion, it'll heal exactly 1000 HP to the entire party

I was planning to do that as well, but also with Ethers as well.

Shine 
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
having that with ethers did cross my mind not gonna lie lol

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC