Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Copying to your ROM a song available on the Forum

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Mental-Break
Everything I've posted works with no custom samples whatsoever. However, I always design using a full customized sample set and then build a more compatible version if necessary; often the more compatible version is a lot less polished.

I originally used Tsushiy's patch as my custom sample set, but I have gradually replaced much of it with my own selection. The files designed for Tsushiy's patch are labeled "songname" and "songname_nopatch." After I started customizing it, I switched to "songname_enh" (enhanced) and "songname_nat" (native). So you can look at those filenames to tell which it is for (or look at the readme)

Since my sample set is still a work in progress and changes relatively often, I haven't posted it directly, nor am I usually posting the _enh binaries since the instrument ids and other things may still change. You can make these with nascentorder, though it is not very friendly to use. Pick a rom, leave seed blank, type "i" for mode to create a rom with my sample set, which can be used to make an ips; drag an .mml file onto mml2mfvi.py to create data/inst files (requires python 2.7 installed atm, though i may as well cook up an exe for this). the sample set it inserts can be pretty easily adjusted/replaced/moved around by editing a few text files as well.

Every song I've posted is compatible with my sample set via the .mml versions included in nascentorder, but some (all?) of tsushiy's are not. Merging the two sets is definitely an option though! It just takes planning out what you want and a bit of fiddling around to get it going.

Also, I'd like to adjust most or all of tsushiy's songs to work with my sample set eventually anyway, so if you want to point at some that you have a specific need for, I can move those up the queue. I've already done ff4 Baron and ff1 Boss B.
  Find

Threads: 20
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
(10-14-2018, 05:46 PM)emberling Wrote: Everything I've posted works with no custom samples whatsoever. However, I always design using a full customized sample set and then build a more compatible version if necessary; often the more compatible version is a lot less polished.

I originally used Tsushiy's patch as my custom sample set, but I have gradually replaced much of it with my own selection. The files designed for Tsushiy's patch are labeled "songname" and "songname_nopatch." After I started customizing it, I switched to "songname_enh" (enhanced) and "songname_nat" (native). So you can look at those filenames to tell which it is for (or look at the readme)

Since my sample set is still a work in progress and changes relatively often, I haven't posted it directly, nor am I usually posting the _enh binaries since the instrument ids and other things may still change. You can make these with nascentorder, though it is not very friendly to use. Pick a rom, leave seed blank, type "i" for mode to create a rom with my sample set, which can be used to make an ips; drag an .mml file onto mml2mfvi.py to create data/inst files (requires python 2.7 installed atm, though i may as well cook up an exe for this). the sample set it inserts can be pretty easily adjusted/replaced/moved around by editing a few text files as well.

Every song I've posted is compatible with my sample set via the .mml versions included in nascentorder, but some (all?) of tsushiy's are not. Merging the two sets is definitely an option though! It just takes planning out what you want and a bit of fiddling around to get it going.

Also, I'd like to adjust most or all of tsushiy's songs to work with my sample set eventually anyway, so if you want to point at some that you have a specific need for, I can move those up the queue. I've already done ff4 Baron and ff1 Boss B.

Well, how about I let you know which songs I've settled on in a few days or so, and you can determine if I need to add any samples or not?  Smile

This post is a dire warning to all modders who wish to add music to their hacks: Tsushiy's instrument patch WILL break compatibility with Real hardware! I just now verified this by patching a clean 1.0 ROM with his patch, and all the music in-game gets completely distorted, and random crashes occur. These problems do not happen on Bsnes, Snes9x, Snesgt, or Zsnes (I have not tested others) - so you cannot rely on those emulators to see this problem in action. It only happens on real hardware. This must be some limitation with the music chip in a real SNES if I had to guess, although I am no expert on the matter.
  Find