Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Remove Umaro and Hidon???

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 25
Status
None
Hey guys, as I mentioned before I will not be using Umaro simply bcuz I need his sprite space. I also will not be using the Hidon side quest. So a few questions I guess.

-What do I need to remove or edit to simply get the Magicite from Umaro's Cave, and NOT trigger the fight?

-How do I keep Strago's friend from telling him about Hidon and just in general remove that event?

Thanx ahead of time as always guys!

[Image: 5452812CeqVF.png]
[Image: RoyakenGif_zpsacedef24.gif]
  Find

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Since, they are events, they are pretty easy to modify. Do you have the event script dump?

For Umaro check this event: CC/D709

For Hidon:CB/75D5

[Image: SvEf6Yh.png]
  Find

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
The address Xenovant provided for Umaro is after the screen pops up and you choose to remove what's inside the carved bone. Erasing this event, or setting the event bit $27A in a previous event also takes care of the recruiting scene with Umaro while at the same time avoiding the text box to be triggered.

Code:
CC/D6EB: C0    If ($1E80($27A) [$1ECF, bit 2] is set), branch to $CA5EB3 (simply returns)
CC/D6F1: B2    Call subroutine $CACA8D
CC/D6F5: 4B    Display dialogue message $05F4, wait for button press              
What's with this carving?              
Looks like bone…              
Something…in that eye…              
… Magicite?!
CC/D6F8: 92    Pause for 30 units
CC/D6F9: F4    Play sound effect 103
CC/D6FB: 55    Flash screen with color component(s) 8 (Blue), at intensity 0
CC/D6FD: 94    Pause for 60 units
CC/D6FE: 4B    Display dialogue message $05F5, wait for button press              
Remove the Magicite from the eye of the carving?              
^ Yes              
^ No
CC/D701: B6    Indexed branch based on prior dialogue selection [$CCD709, $CA5EB3]
CC/D708: FE    Return

Hidon's cave is made accessible in the world map via the series of events in Thamasa, once you arrive to it in the WOR with Strago and Relm. I believe that the address that xenovant provided was correct here. You can either remove the check for strago and relm in the party during the world of ruin the first time you enter thamasa, or erase the whole event altogether.

Status
None
(05-10-2014, 12:58 AM)Angelo Wrote: The address Xenovant provided for Umaro is after the screen pops up and you choose to remove what's inside the carved bone. Erasing this event, or setting the event bit $27A in a previous event also takes care of the recruiting scene with Umaro while at the same time avoiding the text box to be triggered.

He wants to get the magicite there, remove the fight only Tongue

Find

Status
None
(05-10-2014, 09:30 AM)Xenovant Wrote:
(05-10-2014, 12:58 AM)Angelo Wrote: The address Xenovant provided for Umaro is after the screen pops up and you choose to remove what's inside the carved bone. Erasing this event, or setting the event bit $27A in a previous event also takes care of the recruiting scene with Umaro while at the same time avoiding the text box to be triggered.

So I should look these up in the event dump, and for strago, just FC(unused) the check for strago and tell?

And as for Umaro, I'm lost between the 2 of you xD.

PS I am at work so I can't check this stuff.

Find

Status
None
For Strago... you could even simply remove the trigger using FF6LE, or use the command FE (return) at the very beginning of the event.

About Umaro... if you want to remove the fight only (but still be able to get the magicite), check the event I gave you, if you want to remove everything, then you should listen to Angelo.

Find

Status
None
(05-10-2014, 09:59 AM)Xenovant Wrote: For Strago... you could even simply remove the trigger using FF6LE, or use the command FE (return) at the very beginning of the event.

About Umaro... if you want to remove the fight only (but still be able to get the magicite), check the event I gave you, if you want to remove everything, then you should listen to Angelo.

Sounds like a plan! In ff6le where would I remove the trigger?

Find

Status
None
Using ffl6le, go to "Thamasa WOR" map (ID 158), go to the events tab and check EVENT #2, that's the one you are looking for (if you look at the address of the event, you'll see it's the one I gave you: 175D5). Delete the event/trigger and you are done Tongue

Find

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
(05-10-2014, 09:30 AM)Xenovant Wrote:

LOL my apologies, I did not read the last part of the sentence.

Status
None
CoverHit

It could happen to anyone Laugh

Find