Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Remove Umaro and Hidon???

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 25
Status
None
So looking at the Umaro event.... There's a lot goin on I don't quite understand and idk what to change... Would I jump from where it starts to give me the esper to after the battle with umaro where I actually obtain it? There's also a whole in there of nog talking with umaro. Since I have no need of umaro and replaced his sprite what should I do with that? Sorry to be a bother guys. Don't want to mess anything up

[Image: 5452812CeqVF.png]
[Image: RoyakenGif_zpsacedef24.gif]
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
You could do that, or you could just move the 86 3A command (which is what actually gives you the Magicite) and place it right after the text box, and then FE to exit the scene. Since the rest of the scene will never be called (and neither will the one with Mog talking to Umaro, because Umaro shouldn't appear. You might want to delete him there in the LE to be safe), you can feel free to do what you want with the space.

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
The event bits are set at the end of the event, so you'd need to add this too:
Code:
CC/D78B: D4    Set event bit $1E80($27A) [$1ECF, bit 2]

In hex: D4 7A

Using the common sense, setting the event bits should be the first thing you do because you could forget about them later (that's why Lockirby2 didn't think about it) but hey, we are speaking of squaresoft Laugh

[Image: SvEf6Yh.png]
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
Oops, I didn't know that one of those bits also stops you from accessing the stone carving again. I thought it was for showing Umaro when you enter the map.

Confused Moogles FTW