Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
New FFXV Details

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Tissue-aware
(05-08-2014, 09:04 AM)Edrin Wrote: The people who like FF7 better tend to be a bit younger and thus were really coming into video games around FF7's release and are either uninterested in the SNES era titles or were introduced to them later.

I think this is true for a lot of people. I was introduced to Final Fantasy with FF4 after a few months it came out. Then I played FF6 and it became my favorite RPG, even after I played FF7 in 1997. I do appreciate more the SNES RPGs since they all came out when I was 11 to 16 years old. I do like PS1 RPGs, but to a lesser extense.

One exception would be FFXII, that I would classify in my top 5 games of all time.

To come back on the thread subject, I don't have much expectations about FFXV and I'm not even sure I'll ever buy a PS4, I'll see as SE reveals more details about the game.
  Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 3
Status
None
Same for me. Despite the impressive graphics, the newer games just seem to tread farther and farther away from Final Fantasy was up until FFX.

It's funny, but to me FFXV is potentially more like "FFXI", that is to say FFXI, FFXII, FFXIII and FFXVI aren't real Final Fantasy games to me because they either deviate too far from the common game play of the majority of the series or have stories that are too different.
  Find

Threads: 25
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 15
Status
X-Zone
Lord Sutebenu Wrote:FF7 surely has a significant amount of sales, but it was also the first well advertised game in the US, it was 3D, and on an extremely popularizing system. Not to mention it also featured a death of a main character.

Whoa, Whoa, Hold on a second. Are we Forgetting about Minwu, Tellah, Galuf, and Leo?

I haven't played much of Final Fantasy III, so I can't say anything about that.

Shine 
  Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 3
Status
None
What FFVII had was the first cinematic death of a main character. Up until then they were treated rather cartoonishly.
The first death in the series was Prince Scott in FF2 IIRC, and that game had a total 4 deaths including Minwu.
And let's not forget that Biggs, Wedge, and Jessie all die in FF7 as well.
As for FF3, I remember that one f the guest character sacrifice's himself.
  Find

Status
X-Zone
If its not Sephiroth sneaking up behind you and Impaling you through the ass, its Dying HEROICALLY. But wait, wasen't Leo Stabbed Multiple times?

Shine 
  Find

Threads: 1
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
I'm not even sure that Sephiroth killed Aerith... Tongue

[Image: 2w3z23o.jpg]

Of course, it's just a theory, but I think it's pretty interesting.

[Image: SvEf6Yh.png]
  Find

Status
X-Zone
Wow, I Know Fan Theories can be Intense But this just Ridiculous. They go through all of this research and all just to prove a point, and to make the Hero Look bad. This is the work of a True Genius.

Shine 
  Find

Status
None
Of a true and evil genius Laugh

Find

Status
X-Zone
Anyways We're getting Hideously off Topic Here. I like to hear your opinions of Final Fantasy XV.

Shine 
  Find

Status
None
Haha Tongue

Well... my last Final Fantasy is and will always be, FFIX, so I can't give an opinion Tongue

Find