Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Character Names and Dark World Theme?

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 25
Status
None
So I have 2 questions here and I feel like the 1st one is not gonna be doable xD

1st, can I increase the amount of characters a character can have in their name? Maybe as a default I can but not when changing the name, correct?

2nd, I thought I saw this some where, but can't seem to find it now xD. I might be blind. I want to keep the Dark World theme when not on the Airship and only have Searching for Friends when I get on the Airship. How would I go about that???

[Image: 5452812CeqVF.png]
[Image: RoyakenGif_zpsacedef24.gif]
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(03-26-2014, 11:07 AM)Royaken Wrote: 1st, can I increase the amount of characters a character can have in their name? Maybe as a default I can but not when changing the name, correct?

The Pandora's Box team has done it. They increased the max length of a character name by one letter. This require you to be comfortable with ASM coding and I presume you need to rearrange some of the SRAM as well as the naming screen.

(03-26-2014, 11:07 AM)Royaken Wrote: 2nd, I thought I saw this some where, but can't seem to find it now xD. I might be blind. I want to keep the Dark World theme when not on the Airship and only have Searching for Friends when I get on the Airship. How would I go about that???

You can assign a song to a map in FF6LE (or Zone Doctor). Just change the song index in the Falcon map. It's a setting on the left menu of the map.
  Find

Status
None
(03-26-2014, 11:23 AM)Madsiur Wrote: The Pandora's Box team has done it. They increased the max length of a character name by one letter. This require you to be comfortable with ASM coding and I presume you need to rearrange some of the SRAM as well as the naming screen.

You can assign a song to a map in FF6LE (or Zone Doctor). Just change the song index in the Falcon map. It's a setting on the left menu of the map.

Thanx for the quick response as always Madsiur xD. Assigning a song to the map seems simple enough. Idk why I didn't think about that xD (Veldt -cough cough-). I'll see what I can see in Pandora's box and post here if I have any questions. Thanx!

Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
Concerning the character name length, I would suggest you tackle this project when you know how to code with ease.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • Gi Nattak (03-26-2014)

Status
None
(03-26-2014, 12:11 PM)Madsiur Wrote: Concerning the character name length, I would suggest you tackle this project when you know how to code with ease.

Ah. Really that complicated???

Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
(03-26-2014, 12:41 PM)Royaken Wrote: Ah. Really that complicated???

Expanding things beyond what the original game was planned to handle is usually complicated, even if it seems simple (like this). It's rarely a case of "Change variable X from a 6 to a 10 and you have 10 letter long names," because menus, text boxes, the code itself, etc. are made to accommodate 6 letter names.

Confused Moogles FTW

Status
None
(03-26-2014, 02:06 PM)Lockirby2 Wrote: Expanding things beyond what the original game was planned to handle is usually complicated, even if it seems simple (like this). It's rarely a case of "Change variable X from a 6 to a 10 and you have 10 letter long names," because menus, text boxes, the code itself, etc. are made to accommodate 6 letter names.

Makes perfect Sense. I remember there was a hassle trying to change GP to Gold and there was a lot I had to do with that including changing X and Y locations xD

Find