Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Modifying the Morph Command

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
(04-05-2014, 09:42 PM)Xenovant Wrote: Maybe you are missing this?

Code:
C2/055D: B0 F0        BCS $054F      (if Morph supply isn't at least 16,   don't allow Morph command)

Ack!! The "AP", as it were! *facepalm*
Yes, I am sure that's it. How silly an Oversight.

Thank you, Xenovant.
  Find

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
So, just for the Record, and Posterity, Xenovant was totally right about the Morph Stock check at:
Code:
C2/055D: B0 F0        BCS $054F      (if Morph supply isn't at least 16,   don't allow Morph command)

But instead of having it point at a Fixed Value someplace, or otherwise tricking any Unsuspecting Accumulators, you can check out:
Code:
(Data - commands that can potentially get grayed out on the menu in battle, or have a property like their aiming altered.)

C2/52E9: 03    (Morph)
C2/52EA: 0B    (Runic)
C2/52EB: 07    (SwdTech)
C2/52EC: 0C    (Lore)
C2/52ED: 17    (X-Magic)
C2/52EE: 02    (Magic)
C2/52EF: 06    (Capture)
C2/52F0: 00    (Fight)

And just change the 03, Morph, into an "EA", and subvert the Checks and Redirects at the source. That will also free up a few Bytes here and there, which were related to the Morph Limitations.

So now, just that EA at C2/52E9, a few more for the Timers (via C2/1140), and setting the Event Bit, will yield an Infinite, Always-Available Morph.

It's also not so hard to have it Increase the Damage Taken, or even Inflict a Condemned status, or Seizure, etc. just to make it have some Consequences.

Thanks for your Help, everyone! I hope this Thread can help others, in the future.

EDIT: Apparently, I don't know how Parenthesis Work.
  Find