Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
A few suggestions.

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
While I'm no longer part of the forum team, I still had a list of improvements for the site that is appropriate now to share. They were ideas that I had in mind, some already being discussed:

1) Mobile optimization: Given the fact than more and more people are using their phones and tablets to surf the web, I think sooner or later most of the maintained site will have some solution to adapt the site to mobile devices. This can be achieved with themes or with complete solutions such as MyBBgoMobile

2) A better music player with a bigger music selection: Some API are really cool like SoundManager 2.

3) A site Frontend where important things like documentation, patches, sprites and tutorial could be host, similar to ff6hacktics.com or Slick Productions.

4) A patch approval system: While a few patch have been posted recently, an approval system would ensure all patches are good and by hosting them all on the site ftp, it would bring an end to the broken links.

5) A news section, where SE and ROM hacking related news could be submitted. This could help the posting flow.
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
noted

these suggestions will be discussed in our next meeting

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
May I also suggest a "newcomers" or "beginner" sub-forum?

Threads like this, this or this are posted over and over in hacking discussion making the sub-forum less code/hacking oriented.

Having a "beginner" sub-forum would regroup such threads and make it easier for people with no experience to find answers.
  Find

Status
None
I like this idea very much, I feel putting this sub forum is a great idea

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
I'm not sure a sub-forum is the best place for that kind of stuff. But perhaps a beginner's sticky thread in each section that talks about the search function and maybe the uses for that particular forum, plus another sticky thread "Ask a simple question, get a simple answer," for one-shot's like those. That's just my 2 GP.
  Find

Status
None
yeah now that I think about it that is a much better idea

-HNIC

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I have a suggestion for the next poll....which still needs to be changed, lol

how about this:

Which of these songs do you like best?

1. Dancing Mad
2. The Veldt
3. Searching For Friends
4. Awakening
5. Doma
6. Figaro
7. Zozo
8. Spinach Rag
9. Kids Run Through the City
  Find

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I'd like to second the suggestion for a beginner sub-forum or sticky threads. I've been lurking on here for a couple of days to try to figure out what's where and what is everything on the site. Personally I would appreciate a list with links to commonly used patches or resources. for Example, I want to try some minor tweaks to the SNES version. one of the things I would like to do is replace the monster sprites with the original Japanese versions but I can´t find the sprites anywhere and all the patches I have found online also do other things in addition to change the sprites. I feel like I'm missing the obvious but I can't find it. something for beginners, I feel, would help me and others who are new to this forum greatly.
  Find

Threads: 62
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Regen
Did some mention mark all as read for the Final Fantasy IX board style yet? I'm finding it irritating that doesn't exist. Sad

[Image: jce3000gt_md.png]

[Image: jce3000gt.jpg]

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 4
Thanks Given: 2
Status
Lucky-Girl
These are all really good suggestions. I'll point them out to the rest of the staff, and we'll see what we can do.

"The doom and gloom is justified.
A couple of people are going to die.
Even though you can turn back the time,
you're always a moment too late!"
  Find