Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Scariest FF moment

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
Describe your most frightening moment from a Final Fantasy game (or other RPG).

On my first playthrough of FF7, I came to the conclusion that Cloud was in one of the capsule in Neibelhein's reactor during the event prior to the burning of the city and somehow saw what happened in the reactor... It wasn't making any sense but still it crossed my mind at this exact moment when Tifa say:
"Then where were you Cloud?":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-cbe2gDzCk&t=840

It was a moment I rarely felt while playing a video game, one of those moment where the interrogation points reach a frightening climax.
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
I would probably have to go with Cleyra's destruction from FF9. The emotion wasn't even necessarily all fear, but it was still a very intense moment. The town wasn't just attacked, but utterly destroyed, and I was worried at first that none of the inhabitants escaped at all (though the PC's were obviously going to be fine no matter what). It's significantly different then the fear that you mentioned, but still quite scary in its own way.

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
For me I'd have to say in FFX when the ghost of Jyscal Guado tries to leave the Farplane. It really creeped me out! The whole Farplane event itself was quite disturbing to me actually with the whole seeing & talking to your dead loved ones that aren't even really there and do not talk back.

All of Sin's appearances would be a close 2nd, and the FF7 Nibleheim Mansion flashback would be 3rd. That mansion is scary - so scary that I literally shit my pants the first time I played through it...okay maybe not, but still.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I have to say it is actually a tie for me:

1.a: The moment where Cid dies in FF6 and Celes jumps off the cliff

1.b: The entire scene with Zidane in Pandemonium

I found these the scariest for me because they were very powerful scenes that threatened to kill, or destroy characters I felt deeply for.
  Find

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I'm probably going to get some raised eyebrows at this, but my scariest moment in FF history was probably a scene in FF13. As a whole, I dislike 13. But one scene in particular really tugged at me.

When the party confronts Dysley, and he turned out to be a Fal'Cie called Barthandelus. It was a pretty big twist, for me. I didn't see it coming. The music that started playing, and the look of fear on the party's face... the hopelessness they seemed to feel. It really got me.
  Find