Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy 16 should be a FFVI Remake

Status
None
Final Fantasy 16 should be a Final Fantasy 6 Remake.
What do you think?
Look at this conceptual example.

There is also a Fan Remake BSO than can fix perfectly with the game. No need to remix the music again, as this one is perfect.

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Tissue-aware
I've never seen a Final Fantasy being a remake of a previous title from the Series. That being said, a Vita or 3DS remake would have been great, although the Android upgrade looks decent.
  Find

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I think that Final Fantasy 6 should stay Final Fantasy 6. Final Fantasy 6 being called Final Fantasy 3 in the US, originally, was confusion enough. We don't need confusion by also calling it 16. And I think a 3DS remake of Final Fantasy 6 would be pretty good, too. But so long as it's built like FF4 for the DS. 3D, but kept the same kind of charm as the sprites. Something similar to the 3D work that was going to be on N64 would be fine... though the Android version is pissing me off. They took the time to release The After Years as 3D, but not FF5, or 6? Thats kinda bullshit.
  Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 3
Status
None
I'd like both a DS style remake for 3DS and an Anniversary style version for PSVita/WiiU/XBLA/PSN.

16 should be something different. What should it be? An actual fantasy RPG would be nice instead of what they've been doing. Not a fan of Final Sci-fi/Action 13 or Final Fantasy MMO 14.
  Find

Status
None
Well, with Final Fantasy 15, they're gonna kind mix the two, at least. Keeping the futuristic setting, but focusing back on the fantasy elements, like magic, and Crystals, and whatnot. Kinda like FF6, but less steampunk, more advanced stuff. Personally, I'm liking the look of FF15. But it WOULD be nice to get back to the roots for a new main Final Fantasy game... Ever since Final Fantasy 5, we haven't quite seen medieval fantasy styled castles. FF9 was close, but had a lot of steampunk in it, so it doesn't quite count.
  Find

Status
None
So FF15 will be set in FF7? Tongue
  Find

Status
None
Lol. Close. FF7 was still kinda more modern than anything... Which is funny. SE eluded to the fact that FF10/10-2 was set in a time before FF7, because of the 10-2 character Shinra mentioning using the planets energy to fuel machines. Well, they even admitted to purposely eluding to that... but the technology in FF10 was more advanced than in 7.
  Find

Threads: 62
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Regen
Final Fantasy XVI should not be a remake of any previous FF game. In fact they need to regress back to the pre-industrial and or pre-mechanical/futuristic style that seems to be prevalent for the past 7-8 iterations of the series. We need to get back to fantasy with knights and wizards and avoid what drivel they've been putting out for almost 20 years.

OR just let Final Fantasy die and come up with NEW content under a NEW series name. Or if that is too difficult for Squeenix maybe start expanding on previous neglected series like Chrono, SaGa (proper SNES SaGa's) or Seiken Densetsu (GB [FFA] or SNES versions).

[Image: jce3000gt_md.png]

[Image: jce3000gt.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to JCE3000GT for this post:
  • Vanya (12-16-2013)

Status
None
I don't think Final Fantasy should just DIE. I mean, whether it's under the name of Final Fantasy, or a new name, they'll still make the same mistakes they make now, I think. I mean, it's a lot of personal opinion, too. Like I said, I like the look of the upcoming 15, and I'm definitely excited for Lightning Returns. They just look, and sound, good to me. Though continuing the Chrono series? Yes please!
  Find

Status
None
Bravely Default is more Final Fantasy to me than the main series now. Honestly as long as they keep making stuff like BD I'll be happy and not care as much for the fate FF.
  Find