Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy 6: Speed Run

Threads: 13
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Crystal

Seeing as how some of us have been playing the game up, down, left right, front-wards and backwards. I think I could beat this girls time if I tried what do the rest of you think?

lol, forgot the video
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
I've thought about attempting to speedrun this game before. I could probably do it, because I've played lots of FF6 and I've also speedran before (in Kirby Super Star Ultra) but I've never wanted to invest the time, and I don't have any real time in the near future.

I'd want to go against the no Slots/no Vanish Doom record though, this one just seems like skipping a bunch of cutscenes and then abusing instant death a few times.

I can't say for sure because I didn't watch the 7hr video, but I'd guess that Essentia also probably played it safe for the sake of avoiding mistakes at the live event, and probably still made plenty of mistakes/had bad luck because she really only had one try (if she were to post a video otherwise, I'm sure it would be extremely polished). You could probably beat her time here eventually, but I wouldn't hazard a guess as to whether you could beat her under optimal circumstances. Unless she made any clear mistakes-it's been a long time since I watched her 4:48 any% speedrun.

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
I think a "least steps taken" run would be a fun alternative to a speedrun, I thought about doing that before. Not sure if it's been done. As for you attempting a faster speedrun time than that person, I'd say go for it and try, everything else is just speculation.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
Least steps is a really good idea. Its an easily trackable way to do it too. By its very nature it would be likened to a speedrun. Are there any real clear differences or shortcuts that could be used? It would also mean NO level grinding meaning every bit of xp would have to matter. I think its worth a shot.
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
A least steps challenge has been done:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/gba/930370-final...faqs/53870

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(10-23-2013, 07:51 PM)Lockirby2 Wrote: Unless she made any clear mistakes-it's been a long time since I watched her 4:48 any% speedrun.

For those who are interested: http://speeddemosarchive.com/FinalFantasy6.html

She has put her notes on the web page. They would be useful for anyone attempting a speedrun.
  Find