Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Name submissions thread

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
Moving along! Things are going splendidly with the project and I am loving the participation we have been getting. Have a look at our 15th Man!

Background (Click to View)

[Image: imgshk.png]
[Image: imgshk.png]

That's right. TWO submissions threads running simultaneously! I just realized we can't call this the 15th Man forever. That's right, we need a name for the new PC that already has a lot of uniqueness and character built in. So I want to know what YOU want to call her. Remember our theme's and tell us why you chose the name you did.

Happy Hacking!
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
My official submission is:

Ursula Bishop

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 76
Thanks Received: 9
Thanks Given: 13
Status
None
Mallory Costa

Mallory, it is an old french name meaning: unlucky
It also means tower of strenght
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
Well Mallory is 7 letters. Unless we are planning to also expand the amount of letters for character names to 7 (or more) for this project to allow for this, it won't fit! =X

Threads: 76
Thanks Received: 9
Status
None
There is different ways to spell mallory :-)

Malory
Malary
Malori
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
ahhhhh yeah lol, okay then no prob ^_^

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Status
Double
Urghhh...I suck at names...There's a reason why my Brave New World characters are named after YouTubers and most of my Pokémon nicknames are Final Fantasy characters or based on their look/original name. Or just something else backwards or mixed around *cough*.

My submission will be Suris Frigon. I wanted to choose something that wasn't actually a name, because many of the names in FF6 are things that sound like names but nobody in real life (well, not around where I live, anyways) would name their kid. Also, it avoids sounding like a particular nationality, which I like, to be honest.

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 7
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
Fun fact: there are 16 characters unused character names in FF6.
TORK
JADE
CUSTER
FABIAN
DRAKE
SARA
CASE
SIELE
RAY
REIKER
LANCE
BOB
PEPPER
TAU
VICTOR
HO
Jade and Sara could be nice.

[Image: rrj.gif]
  Find

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
(08-19-2013, 06:53 PM)Astaroth_ Wrote: There is different ways to spell mallory :-)

Malory
Malary
Malori

Can you pick one for your official submission?

(08-20-2013, 10:20 AM)daemoth Wrote: Fun fact: there are 16 characters unused character names in FF6.
TORK
JADE
CUSTER
FABIAN
DRAKE
SARA
CASE
SIELE
RAY
REIKER
LANCE
BOB
PEPPER
TAU
VICTOR
HO
Jade and Sara could be nice.

Actually, Sara would be a good one as a throwback reference. A lot of FF's have Sara and the name was noticeably absent in FF6.

-----------------------------------------------

I love names. It always takes me as long to name a character as it takes to create... However, my official submission will be:

Iris Havengard

I pick this for a few reasons:

First of all, it came to mind the first time I saw the sprite...

While the name sounds very forceful, it actually has a very soft meaning beneath it:

-Iris:

http://www.behindthename.com/name/iris Wrote:"Means "rainbow" in Greek. Iris was the name of the Greek goddess of the rainbow. This name can also be given in reference to the English word (which derives from the same Greek source) for the name of the iris flower or the coloured part of the eye."

Iris' meaning of "rainbow" fits the Final Fantasy motif of naming characters based on weather phenomena rather well.

The eye thing, to me, is especially fitting because of her disfigured left eye.

Also, the fact that it is also a flower gives rise to the idea that there is something soft and delicate behind it. A woman in Iris' position would be haunted by the fact that she might not be worthy of love with what has happened to her and will likely blame herself. Acceptance will definitely play a big roll in her story.

-Havengard:

lit. Garden of Refuge. First, it ties with the first name's flower meaning. Secondly, having been passed around from guardian to guardian her whole life, and finding death and loss at every turn, there is nothing Iris would be seeking more than to create a world where she can have refuge. THIS is her driving force.

Haven also has Old Norse roots meaning "harbor," which also has connotations of safety as well as fits with her backstory as coming from S.Figaro.
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
Could Jade and Sara maybe be part of the final poll without anyone submitting them?