Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FFXIV ARR

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Tissue-aware
(10-17-2013, 10:38 PM)Astaroth_ Wrote: dont worry madsiur, you will level fast, get accustomed to the gameplay and at level 15 we'll team up to make your progress faster!

Yeah that will be fun! I'm currently level 10 and I plan to be level 15 by the end of the weekend.

(10-17-2013, 10:38 PM)Astaroth_ Wrote: also dont forget to go change your bomb ashe to get your moonfire swimsuit at the ruby road the event will end very soon

*double facepalm* Silly me! I sold them :( I though you were talking about buying regular outfits. What can you do with the swimsuit?

Also I have a few questions:

1) What is the difference between field and battle gears? I noticed field gear increase more magic defense....

2) I can't be a member of another guild. Do I have to be level 10 as a gladiator to get like a miner or other crafting job?

Also, I really like the fact that Eorzea is celebrating Halloween. There are pumpkins all over the city lol!
  Find

Threads: 76
Thanks Received: 9
Thanks Given: 13
Status
None
Yesterday madsiur and me tagged along and it was really fun lol It would be nice to have others members. If others members want to join us you can do a server transfer and we could create our own free company.
I'll answer your questions for news players.
-Swimsuit is esthetic. You can get one with veteran reward( 2 months playing the game)

1) you answered your question :-) Also, some field gears increase gathering etc
2) you can play any class you want at the start of the game

Also here is some more tips to tank well.

1) mark your targets. It will be important in later dungeon

2) If there's an Arcanist ask him to switch to his damage pet. Not only will this prevent you from frantically trying to get hate back, but you'll clear groups of mobs, bosses and the instance faster with the considerable added damage.

3) I start every dungeon fight with Flash, do a fast blade combo and, if the whole party is focusing a single mob, a shield throw on it. Afterwards a savage blade combo and another flash. From there alternate between regenerating your mp and flashing the enemies. If there's a single target, and it's on you, savage blade combos should suffice.

4) If a faraway mob joins the fight, quickly target it and throw your shield, it's much better than chasing it around. Once it comes near the group you're tanking, flash.

5) Remember to pop your defensive skills, the cooldown isn't too long and they'll help out in the long run.

6) Keep the camera a prudent distance away; You'll want to see any stray mobs and enemy skill area dispaly-- especially if it's a bomb about to blow. To use camera, use L1 and right stick

7) Make sure your healer is ready and has MP before you charge into a bunch of mobs.

8) a repeat of 5) named up there. Very few tanks actually use their defensive skills.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
Thank you Astaroth for the tips!
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
Halloween soon! (Click to View)
  Find

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
I can't for the life of me seem to catch you guys on. I promoted Astaroth to a LS leader which means I *think* he can give out pearls, in case he sees you again before I do.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(10-22-2013, 09:20 PM)Edrin Wrote: I can't for the life of me seem to catch you guys on. I promoted Astaroth to a LS leader which means I *think* he can give out pearls, in case he sees you again before I do.

What are pearls?

Also, I must have look for you at least 15 times lol. It seems we don't have the same playing schedule....
  Find

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
I'm sure we've crossed playing time at least a little, just not when I am actually performing a search. I haven't been on as late recently.

Pearls are Linkpearls, they are the actual "item" that makes up a linkshell. The shell is the actual communication system between the players, the pearls are like the phones that use the linkshell.
  Find