Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
ASM Requests

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 4
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
C1's just a nightmare in general. It's spaghetti code, and largely undocumented to boot.
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
Request: Pep Up change

I think it would be cool to have Pep Up work where the caster donates whatever HP/MP he currently has to the intended target and do what it normally does with the curing status effects, but instead of killing the caster it drops caster's HP and MP to 1. Then, if caster casts it again with 1 HP, it would donate nothing - or kill the caster, whichever is easier lol. But if caster regained some health, it would always donate whatever HP/MP the caster currently has and drop him to 1 HP/1 MP.

I think this would make Pep Up a much more friendly and usable skill, giving the caster a chance to come back from that and not have to kill themselves, be it player or monster. Would have to bump up the MP cost of it some to not have it become a really broken skill, is all I can foresee.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
I really don't think that it would need an MP bump. It would certainly be more useful than Pep Up's current incarnation, but I still can't think of any scenarios in which it would be too OP even if it cost 0 MP.

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 6
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 5
Status
None
Here's a couple for you:
-auto learn rages after each battle (for those who replaced leap) made to work with ff3 1.1
-remove all spells on unequip from the l hand and hat slots
-learn spells as soon as learnable items are equipped, not after battle
  Find

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
Are the differences between 1.0 and 1.1 that much? It looks the same to me. Here's my "auto learn rages" code, it should work on both versions.
Code:
C2/3B71: 20 07 4A   JSR $4A07   Learn rages in the current battle.
C2/3B74: AD 0A 30   LDA $300A   Start checking for Mog (code from C2/5EE5 that was overwritten)
C2/3B77: 60         RTS
C2/543E: 60         RTS         Skip Leap-disabling subroutine.
C2/5EE5: 20 73 3B   JSR $3B71   Call subroutine instead of checking for Mog.

This doesn't require any additional bytes because it uses up the space left behind by the old Leap command. If you use that space for something else, put the subroutine somewhere other than C2/3B71.

This doesn't require the player to be on the veldt, and doesn't require Gau to be in the party. To require Gau, you need to add this at the beginning of C2/3B71:
Code:
C2/3B71: AD 0B 30   LDA $300B   Gau's ID
C2/3B74: 30 03      BMI $3B79   If Gau not in party, skip the next three bytes (the call to the rage learning subroutine)

This isn't exactly the code from my randomizer, so please let me know if I made a mistake.

https://github.com/abyssonym/beyondchaos
Beyond Chaos is a full-game randomizer for FF6.

Threads: 6
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 5
Status
None
Thanks for the auto rages code I will test it out soon

Also I got another request, enterable and exitable magitek armor. Like whenever you see a magitek suit you can enter it and exit whenever you want
  Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 40
Status
None
(11-13-2014, 06:16 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: Request: Pep Up change

I think it would be cool to have Pep Up work where the caster donates whatever HP/MP he currently has to the intended target and do what it normally does with the curing status effects, but instead of killing the caster it drops caster's HP and MP to 1. Then, if caster casts it again with 1 HP, it would donate nothing - or kill the caster, whichever is easier lol. But if caster regained some health, it would always donate whatever HP/MP the caster currently has and drop him to 1 HP/1 MP.

So I decided to take a whack at this tonight.

This hack changes Pep Up's pointer and uses free space at C2/A65A, since there was no way it would fit in Pep Up's old spot.

If used at 1 HP/MP, the caster will donate nothing.

There are some changes you'll need to make to the spell properties as well. Make sure it's not set to kill the caster anymore, and remove the (power * 100 / 16) flag. Its power needs to be greater than zero, but what it is specifically shouldn't matter (I typically set it to 1 in these cases). Also enable the "Concern MP" flag.

The start of the effect is similar (or identical, I guess) to Empowerer's, as it's the only other HP/MP dual effect skill I could think of.

The only issue I haven't worked out yet is preventing it from repeating Pep Up's "screen flash" animation. It's pretty subdued, so probably not a big deal, but the method that prevents Empowerer from repeating its animation doesn't seem to work here.

Edit: I also didn't test this with enemies using it, but I don't think there should be a problem.

Edit 2: It's also worth mentioning that I created this with the idea that Pep Up would have an MP cost. If it costs zero MP, I'll need to put a conditional branch in the MP-healing part to prevent it from recovering 9999 MP if the caster has 0 MP on use.

GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.

Brave New World
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Synchysi for this post:
  • Gi Nattak (11-18-2014)

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
Incredible stuff Synchysi, it's working great, monsters too. I will be using the hell out of Pep Up now, as opposed to not using it. The flash animation still present is no big deal at all (for me anyways, I like it actually).

Many thanks for making this happen!

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 4
Status
None
Interesting. I was trying to directly edit the HP and MP values, and it wasn't giving.
  Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 40
Status
None
I tried that at first as well, but it was setting the total amount healed to (target's HP + (caster's HP - 1)), rather than just (caster's HP - 1). It was also causing weirdness if someone tried to use Pep Up on themselves. Using the actual damage variable sorted things out pretty quickly.

Having it perform the effect twice instead of putting the HP and MP healing in the same iteration allowed me to use the damage variable for both instances of recovery, which was also much cleaner than having one (probably the MP healing) be a behind-the-scenes heal.

GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.

Brave New World
  Find