Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Lol I was late to the 15th man project

Threads: 9
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
I decided even though I was late to the 15th man project submission, I would still offer up what I had typed up in case anyone needed an idea for one of their hacks. Lol I'm not asking anyone to do anything, it's just a brainstorm. And I mention JamesWhite's sprite in here because he is an amazing spriter and I am a big fan. Well here's what I had typed before I realized submissions were WAY past over lol:

My vote would be to create "General Bane"

Ia. Alternate "Brutal" general of the empire other then Leo.

Ib. He was always Leo's "Darker" rival going up through the ranks.

I1. Male

I2. Thamasa

I3 He was found as a child to possess magic and was taken from Thamasa in exchange for its secrecy and protection from the empire.

Ic. Concept art- use JamesWhite89's Shao Khan because it is the most awesome thing ever lol.

Id. General Bane

II Visual-(a,2,3) lol ask JamesWhite89 for permission to use his Shao Khan because it's amazing or else tweak a Sephiroth like sprite.

Theme Music- Use Boss Battle ie. Atma Weapon Fight music.

Planning: Copy Leo's stats, give him shock as well since he will have been taught by the same master as Leo.

When: He can be obtained in the WOB by finding him and fighting him. (Similar to an Umaro battle, he gains his sanity once he is beaten ie his slave crown destroyed)

Where: He can be found standing in front of Leo's grave.

Why: The power of the slave crown is wavering from his mixed emotions about seeing Leo's grave and how Kefka just killed the only person who could be considered his friend.

He will have relationships with Cyan since they will both know what it's like to feel the loss of someone they cared about. There will be a relationship with Terra since she will have questions about Leo and the idea of "Love"

Altered scenes: Not many, just change maybe Cyan and Terras' dialog when changing characters on the airship. Also make General Bane able to be found in the first town Celes travels to in the WOR.

Equipable gear: Use a "Greatsword" modeled after PocoLoco's awesome buster sword. Change the icon to look like a black greatsword.

And that's pretty much it!

[Image: xyx.png]
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
You know, I really like this character! Sounds like a very cool premise, being Leo's rival and having a polar opposite kind of disposition. I dig that very much, it would be a nice addition to the story and would create some nice character interaction between him and Leo, if Leo is still alive when you can get him. Or even some nice flashback events after Leo has died, with him and Leo trying to outdue each other in training, or whatever else.

The only thing I would like different, is this:
Theme Music- Use Boss Battle ie. Atma Weapon Fight music.

I would have him with some sinister imperial death march sounding shit ;p

Nice character conception!

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Gi Nattak for this post:
  • Sczar Atmos (07-18-2013)

Status
None
I agree with the music idea completely lol, the reason I recommended using an already existing theme was for the ease of creation, ie this character concept is much easier to create due to all his stuff already being readily available and not requiring an ASM overhaul and all that crazy technical stuff lol. But thanks for the comp!

i've been working on a hack for like 2.5 years on and off and i was considering throwing this character in it but my hack has so many bugs in it as far as stats and spells lol. I made an entirely new list of spells for every piece of magic with custom animations etc, moved all the lores to place regular fire ice bolt etc spells in their place, removed the lores from every monsters attack sequences, made different characters have natural magic, made it so everyone can learn lores, made terra a male sorcerer, changed all the dialogue to match him being a man, changed every sprite for the cast except mog, changed the sprite palettes to a black and red theme for badassness, changed the overworld palettes to match it, added a teleport shrine to travel fast in wob and wor, added bridges in the wor so u can get anyone u want in whatever order (except locke), changed all the descriptions of the characters to match who they are (ie shadow being golbez, setzer being vincent, sephiroth being cyan etc) made all magic learnable through items, removed magic being learned through espers, recreated all the weapons and relics etc, made new weapons catered to everyone, created new icons for the greatswords etc, made many weapons equipable by many characters yet some limited to certain characters, made gau a more normal character, swapped the map tiles for the ff4 map tiles bc i like happier looking stuff, replaced the overworld theme with rachels theme, replaced the figaro cave with myst cave music, figaro castle with baron castle music, mt kolts with the bonus ct music patch, battle music switched to ff4 battle music as well as the regluar boss battle music, used magitek menu as the standard menu so anyone can steal morph attack shield reflect etc, used row command as atk., fixed the evade bugs and stamina stuff, doubled alot of enemies hp, halved the hp growth of characters, and averaged out total stats of all characters so they are more or less the same, also removed sword techs and blitzs, they all are now in the agic menu, and a whole ton more of stuff lol. i'm waiting until im done figuring out the list of who allowed me to do all these individual things ie where each sprite came from and information patches etc before i post the ips patch. haha its going to be a long long list of thank yous, and obviously i will contact each person/party involved for permission to even post the patch before i do, otherwise i won't post the patch at all bc thats not right according to my moral standards lol. if anyone is interested in testing the patch or taking my animations for their own patch let me know and i will send the patch to you. thanks for reading this massively long paragraph!

Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
not a bad idea, it does bring a little more flavor to the Empire

I personally plan on adding an array of characters that work for Gestahl in my hack,

several lieutenants, commanders, captains, etc. (but thats all I will say)

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
Poco, I will definitely play any hack that has awesome looking characters, so if they look like JamesWhite's "Shao Khan", I will play it lol. I wish someone would just take FF6 vanilla, and replace every character with some sort of badass demon slayer, like an army of: sephiroths, clouds, vincents, supersaiyan 4 gogeta's, ichigo in hollow form from bleach, dante from devil must cry, chrono ETC. Characters like those, hence why I can't wait to play the Mortal Kombat hack. I'm not assuming there will be custom moves but if there are that would be even more aweosme, ie like Sub Zero uses "Ice Beam" etc.

My only drawback(s) to FF6 all the years I've been playing it is that I always end up using the same group no matter what: Cyan, Sabin, Shadow, Gogo. I personally just think they are the best looking characters and have that "Badassness" to them. Cyan's got the "I am the retainer to Doma, I am your worst nightmare." thing going on where hes an awesome samurai kind of guy, Sabin's the bear fighting musclehead party animal lol, Shadows a ninja (enough said haha), and Gogo is that mysterious guy (who kind of resembles a ninja also) in every anime that becomes massively awesome at an epic moment (not in ff6 but the fact you can choose his skills in the status menu is pretty dang cool).

The other drawback would be that I never use slow or status spells bc they feel like a waste of time since I have meteor and flare etc, real spells that do REAL damage instead of making it so that chadarnook can't pick flowers as fast. I mean, that's the reason why I made every enemy in my patch have basically only one weakness outside of physical damage and they absorb all other elements so even if you blast them all with Fire 3, you'll just be healing some enemies and you kind of have to have some strategy. I also changed all the magic and animations because I got tired of wasted magic spells like slow etc when I could create a "Shadow Blade" where the character pulls an akuma from street fighter and the screen dips black while your character kicks the crap out of the enemy, or how I took Cyan's final sword tech's animation where he jumps accross the screen and combined it with Fire Skean to make a Flame Sword spell that looks mega badass.

Ok, I think I went overboard. Just had to give a personal opinion for anyone making hacks, at least in regards to how I as an individual feel, make all the characters look "Metal" (the music style not the element lol) and changeup the abilities a little bit and I believe the hack will at least be played by me lol.

Find