Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Event Music

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
So after setting the music via an event, I can't get the game to take over selecting the music again as I transition between zones, I'm stuck with the music I put in the event with F1. Is there a command that restores the music to its normal operation?
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
So you're saying that you want the music to go back to the normal/original song after the event plays out?

Is the original song set for that map in the level editor? I'm not sure why it would continue to play the song you put in the event if it's done, unless it's not set to play it.

You may have to put the original song in the entrance event if it's set to 'play current song' in the level editor, cause without it it would just keep on playing the song you set it to in the event.

As for commands, there is this one to place sometimes before you play another song, if you want to continue the first song after it: FA Stop temporarily played song
But in this case I'm not sure if it'll help.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
Obliviscence
The event loads a new map. It is replacing Terra waking up in Arvis' house. So I just used the same code it had only with the song and map I wanted before I moved on... I thought about the entrance event thing, but looking through other entrance events, I don't see songs anywhere, so that could turn into a big deal having to maually change the code to load music for every map. There has to be a way to fix it. If you remember, the music changes through event queues up til Figaro Castle, and Terra's theme lasts through the first time you enter the world map.
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
If you remember, the music changes through event queues up til Figaro Castle, and Terra's theme lasts through the first time you enter the world map.

Ah yeah, it continues to play that song even on the overworld from this bit:
1CC B9:4 Temporary song override 1 (maps only)

gets set here:
CC/B051: D2 Set event bit $1E80($1CC) [$1EB9, bit 4]

I thought about the entrance event thing, but looking through other entrance events, I don't see songs anywhere, so that could turn into a big deal having to maually change the code to load music for every map.

Yes that would be a royal pain in the ass lol. I was just talking about that instance, and I wasn't aware the map/event in question was Arvis's House XD

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
Obliviscence
  Find