Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Baron Castle in Minecraft

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Prowess
I'm not sure if this is the time or place to put this thread, but I think this is where it should go. Anyways, I remade Baron Castle in Minecraft, and I was sort of wondering if anyone on the site would be interested to see it. You can watch it on YouTube with this link. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dNa1J8GMjE

The only thing harder than finding a needle in a haystack is finding a haystack in a needle. Laugh
  Find

Threads: 13
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Crystal
Not bad, but that's not how Baron Castle looks, you might want to re-play the SNES version of the game to fix it.
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
He actually looked at an image off the internet while he was creating the castle, so he's seen the castle enough I think. The main issue I could tell is that the inside of the castle is larger than the outside in the actual game, so a 1:1 Minecraft creation is rather difficult...

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Prowess
I think what he means is that there are actual things that are different. The map I was using to recreate Baron Castle was the Wonderswan edition, which gives graphics similar to FFIV: The After Years. That's probably the main reason why the castle looks different than the once players are used to seeing. The map I was using to recreate the castle can be found at http://fantasyanime.com/finalfantasy/ff4/ff4maps.htm . Although, yes, the ratios are different, and some things would looks better if I had a wider range of blocks, but the default texture pack doesn't really do FFIV justice.

The only thing harder than finding a needle in a haystack is finding a haystack in a needle. Laugh
  Find