Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FF6 Hack Idea: The New Resistance

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
Hey guys I have an idea for this FF6 hack, here is the story, it takes place @ the WOR after Kefka destroyed the Earth,

however most of the characters died after the collapse of the floating continent with the exception of a few, Celes, Setzer, and Terra

there will be new characters as well as some old ones to join in the fight, some I might put up but idk yet (those that might be in it will have a *)

New Chars (Sprite Sheets Needed)

Marcus - The Narshe Marshal that you fought @ the very beginning of the game, after the world ended and Narshe was destroyed and overrun with monsters, he @ 1st decided to just try and survive this new world but later realized his skills would be able to make a difference in this new cold world. Marcus can equip flails, axes, clubs etc. Marcus has the throw command. (Sprite Sheet Needed) Marcus is basically a Narshe Gaurd with a different palette, if someone could please create a sprite sheet for him it would be appreciated.

Warren - The injured soldier from Mobliz, he miraculously survived the attack on the town from Kefka's "light of judgment" and was nursed back to health, he decided to stay and help protect the children of Mobliz, when Phunbaba attacks (the 1st time) Warren tries to fight him off but has not completely recovered, but when you finally kill phunbaba he joins you. Warren can equip Spears and has the jump command. (Sprite Sheet Needed) Since Warren was a soldier for the army his body is basically that of a regular soldier, I suppose he just needs a custom head lol, I am going to work on him.

Jay - His real name is Jameson, he is a middle aged sly merchant who would do anything to catch a deal and even more for some quick money, he is very untrustworthy @ first but he warms up to the team, the reason why he joined in the first place was because he saw enormous potential in making quick money and finding rare and valuable treasures, his is very skillful in using machines. He uses the tools command and can equip rods and staves (Pimp Canes w00t! lmao) he also can use GP toss, I was thinking of giving him steal/capture as well but that would replace the fight command if I do. I kinda have a sheet that I can use but idk if I will, if someone can do a sheet it would be great but don't even sweat this guy :p

Dante - The leader of a Special Ops Unit of Ghestahl's army known as "The Crimson Black Unit" which is, or rather was a special task force of Ghestahl's army. They were extremely skilled fighters and were all infused with magic, they were used to subdue the Espers which attacked Vector before the floating continent was formed, they also executed most of the returners including Bannon before the world collapsed. When Kefka started destroying the world, Dante the leader of the unit survived because he took his young sister Xiomara to a hidden bunker under the city along with a couple of other people. Dante's skill and prowess in battle was comparable to that of General Leo, and was promoted to the leader of the unit at a young age (21). At a young age he was enlisted in the army through the influence of his older brother Virgil, who was killed in battle (when in reality was killed by Kefka when he didn't want to follow orders to burn down a hospital), originally Virgil was going to be the leader of the Crimson Black Unit while Dante would be the 2nd in command. Dante had many doubts of the Empire's motives as he became infatuated with Terra and hated the fact that she was being controlled, he also felt very uneasy when he found out about the betrayal of the Returners (he had nothing to with their execution). When the world collapsed he took care of his sister Xiomara until she died of a rare sickness, after he lost everyone in his life, he knew Kefka was to blame, and although he felt that he had no chance against him, he decides to go against him. Dante equips swords, he is able to use magic and can use shock. (Complete) Dante is a differently colored imperial soldier, I might add a cape to make him more unique, if I do I guess I can attempt it myself :p.

Brydon - Brydon is a former Returner and the son of Bannon, after his father's untimely death and the disbandment of the Returners he pretty much was lost in the world, he somehow survived the collapse of the world and met up with the new resistance, although reluctant to join @ 1st, when he learned that Kefka was behind the betrayal of the Returners he felt obligated to help avenge the death of his father and fallen comrades. (Sprite Sheet Needed) His body is that of a returner, I was thinking of giving him goggles like the rest of the returners but doesn't have the pilot's cap like the other guys, I was thinking of giving him hair similar to Bannon's or maybe like Locke's.

Demo - Demo is a cyborg created by Cid of the Imperial army, Ghestahl wanted to further combine technology with magic, but he also wanted to further expand his army, however due to several soldiers losing their lives and even limbs, the army's strength in numbers would steadily decrease. Cid had an idea to create mechanical limbs to soldiers who lost body parts. Demetrius (Demo) was a war admiral of Ghestahl's army who nearly died in a fierce battle against a failed Returner assault on Vector, his injuries were caused by Brydon two years before the world fell (a year before the actual story takes place). Demetrius was on the verge of death but was saved through the technological advantages, his left arm, right leg, torso, and left eye were all replaced by mechanical parts, giving Demo the ability to use the Magitek skill, as well as magic. Demo needs to be created from scratch, I know this request is a b*t*h in itself but hey :p he needs to be part human and part mechanical is anyone up 2 the task?

Old New Chars

Vargas - He actually survived the battle against Sabin, but lost his memories, he was later found found and nursed back to health by his mother, when he regained his memories he realized he was wrong and learned the truth about being the successor of his father, in order to redeem his honor he decides to join the fight against Kefka to restore balance to the world. Vargas is pretty much just like Sabin, seeing as how they trained together he has all the same blitzes and equips claws. (Complete)

Lone Wolf (Wolf) - He survived the fall when you confronted him in Narshe when he held Mog hostage, he however was frozen in a cryogenic state and thawed out when the world ended, so he went to the Phoenix Cave to search for treasure (he feels like he owes Locke a favor for a past friendship they had so he tries to resurrect Rachel). Wolf uses knives and most of the same things that Locke uses (boomerangs, the throwing blades and such), he is also able 2 steal...(duh lol). (Sprite Sheet Needed)

*Siegfried/Ziegfried (Sieg) - after the end of the world Siegfried enters the Dragon's Neck Colosseum and fights, after he is defeated in a bout with 1 of the characters, he chooses to join the team. Siegfried uses Katanas and is able to use Bushido (Swdtech). (Almost Done)

Emperor Ghestahl (Gastra) - He managed to survive the fall from the floating continent (BAD ASS! lmao), however, he completely lost all military power and recognition, he is seen as a pitiful old man, he has given up all hope and joined the cult of Kefka until he see's Dante, then he gets hope and a new found ambition to stop Kefka. Ghestahl can equip swords, flails, knives, rods, and staves. Ghestahl has the ability to use magic as well as the summon command. (Sprite Sheet Needed)

I suppose there is room for one more but idk yet, I might just throw in Bow Wow just for the hell of it, he can be an uncontrollable beast just like Umaro lol :p

please guys give me some feedback and some ideas here

more importantly tell me what you think Wink

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I think that, if you could figure out how, you should bring Rachel back to life. Like, you should have her STAY alive instead of dying five seconds later. Yeah, it'd be difficult, but I think you should try. Just a recommendation. I dunno. It seems a little unrealistic, but I loved the idea of using Rachel. Then there could be like, a romantic conflict between Celes, Terra and Rachel...not that Terra really loved Locke at all, but whatever. I'm just rambling.
  Find

Status
None
lol yeah I kinda thought of doing that, I have the sprite sheet for her and everything, the only problem is to event hack that shit u know what I mean :p

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
Oh definitely. That's what I was worried about too. Hex hacking is tough to begin with, specific major events like that would be ridiculous. I still think it'd be cool though.
  Find

Status
None
Nice idea. This looks pretty cool and i'm looking forward to it. Unlike what RajaHibiki said though, I find it pretty realistic. I think for Umaro, you should have, Wedge or Biggs. Cause you don't actually know if they died, plus you could make it that they can't live with this world and deside to join up with the team. That would be pretty cool. Tongue

Status
None
When I read about Dante, the image that came to mind was Sagara Souzou from Rurouni Kenshin. I think it'd be cool if he looked like that. I'm just suggesting stuff by the way man, you don't even have to take any of it into consideration.
  Find

Status
None
Yeah, that's a pretty cool idea for making Dante looking like that. ^^

Status
None
Oh yeah, I wasn't trying to say it was unrealistic by the way. I'm just suggesting stuff he could do in it. My suggestions are just things that would appeal to me. I'm sorry if they came across as an insult.

By the way, I found an example of Warren's head(the wounded soldier's) and put it on an imperial soldier.

[Image: imgshk.png]
  Find

Status
None
you know, that's a really good idea to use Sagara Souzou as Dante thnx a lot Smile

do u think u can help me out with that?

and yeah that's just the look I was going for with Warren Smile

yea the whole hex thing is crazy

I was thinking about putting Biggs & Wedge but idk, a few reasons are just off the fact that everyone wants those guys (not that I don't), but the other thing is, sure they can be put in, they might have survived against Tritoch and abandoned the empire

the thing is they should each be unique, like they have their own different abilities, it would kinda be stupid if they both had the same moves

idk I suppose I can consider it but idk

if anyone can work on the Dante sprite that would be great Laugh

of course the others that need work as well :p

I'll get started on Warren right away Wink

-HNIC

Status
None
I can see what I can do for Dante, but I don't like to make promises I can't keep, so it would be prudent to pretend like I'm not working on it at the moment, all right? I will try though.
  Find