Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Is Auto-Battle possible?

Threads: 21
Thanks Received: 40
Thanks Given: 3
Status
Auto-life
You can also follow the Umaro's route. Umaro has a hard-coded setting which forces him to automatically attack. The code begins at C2/091F . The relevant code is:
Code:
C2/0923 BD D8 3E        LDA $3ED8,X (Which character it is)
C2/0926 C9 0D           CMP #$0D
C2/0928 F0 9B           BEQ $08C5   (Exit if Umaro)

If you change from "BEQ $08C5" to "BRA $08C5", all characters will attack automatically with the fight command. Perhaps, you can adapt the condition which triggers the automatic fight command for your objective. However, i don't know which variable or flag can be used as a trigger...
  Find

Threads: 18
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 8
Status
None
Cool, it seems characters acting like Umaro will randomly pick a command from their list and use it, just like characters in the Colosseum. I guess it uses the same list of commands allowed as the Colosseum does.

With this mod, Zombied characters will not have their command set limited. This behavior exists in the original game: Colosseum/Muddle/Charm overrides Zombie in determining which commands are available. Normally you'd never notice (I don't think you can set Muddle/Charm on a Zombie, and in the Colosseum getting Zombied ends the battle immediately), unless a Zombied Umaro will still use Tackle, Character Toss and Storm.

As for a button press, it could use any free bit in RAM, correct? And as for a menu option, you'd also have to find a free bit in SRAM.

By the way, I tested the Berserk "upgrade" and with it, Berserked characters act just as they do in the Colosseum. If you want you can create an item with inherent Berserk in FF3usME and give to the characters you want to act autonomously.
  Find

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 4
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
To work like FF4PSP's auto-battle, which is the only feasible one you'd even consider, you'd need to:
A) either sacrifice what little free SRAM you have for 14 character commands to be saved as their 'most recent' or expand SRAM for said purpose
B) hook into the regular battle routine the code to do this
C) hook in a button check to enable this. X seems ideal, but would need re-assigned as it currently doubles for Y.
D) hook in a subroutine that handles the game actually handling auto-battle; this is likely beyond my present skill, though I would probably begin by looking at Umaro's and and the coloseum/muddle code.
  Find