Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Item/Mineral that negates/cancels Magic in Final Fantasy Universe(s) ??

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Hey all, my name is Zo, I'm a newbie here.
Is there any item or natural mineral in ANY of the Final Fantasy games that negates/blocks/cancels "Magic" ?? In other words, something that would prevent magic-users from casting spells??
I'm looking for something tangible, and not a magic spell that blocks other magic spells heheheh
[I'm asking for a Final Fantasy story project that I'm working on]

Threads: 0
Thanks Given: 2
Status
Rage
Final Fantasy 6 Flashback? What is this? Something hack?

"That settles that! It takes brains to win!"
Sonja Advance War 2

Objection!
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
the only thing that I can think of that u may want atm is runic

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
The bit that Air Force launches (that absorbs magic) could be made out to be an item. It doesn't attack, so it's fairly unclear what the thing actually is.

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 0
Thanks Given: 2
Status
Rage
Because Magic Can absorbs with runic.

"That settles that! It takes brains to win!"
Sonja Advance War 2

Objection!
  Find

Status
None
I forgot about the air force thing

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 6
Status
None
To my knowledge there is no named item or mineral that is used to nullify magic in the final fantasy universe, at least I'm drawing a blank right now. There are things like the mage masher, which is either enchanted or made fro ma special material, I don't know if that is ever stated. You could always create a name for something based on known FF lore: If you need a metal that nullifies magic you could have "Sylphite," named after the mage masher being in the sylph cave and sylph sometimes being a mute spell. Or since there are Echo Drops/Echo Screen made from Echo Grass you could make up something about Whisperweed extract being a muting substance. Sometimes you have to get a bit inventive and non-canon.

The only other thing I can explain for nullifying magic is Runic, which has already been covered.
  Find

Threads: 2
Status
None
hey thAnkh you all for the responses. I forgot about the Air Force Bit...
I may just create my own mineral with a name along the lines of "Mutite" or "Sylphite" or "Runite"....
I'm not too concerned with staying 100% canon for my project LOL

(04-05-2013, 02:54 AM)kanbei as cyan Wrote: Final Fantasy 6 Flashback? What is this? Something hack?
Not a hack/game, just a graphic story I am creating with the help of the talented folks on this board!!

Status
None
yeah I saw a little bit of my work in there Wink

-HNIC

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 158
Status
Nattak\'d
Is your project (Flashback) based on any official information, or is it all unofficial/fabricated that you created yourself? It's really cool, I'm just wondering where all this prequel stuff came from.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.