Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
General Leo's Legacy

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Locke0075 Wrote:I can't seem to get it to work can I turn slot to magitek ?

Easily, the only change you need to make is this:

Code:
C2/5458: 18 //Change 18 to 1D

Because slot is already selected as a default command to be modified in first section of code you only need to change the command it will be modified to become.
  Find

Threads: 16
Thanks Received: 0
Status
None
Is that for a headered rom or non cause when I put that address in I have a 00 in that address .

What I would like to do is say take the Summon Command as a base command and with relic change it to Magitek and Summon on the other editor I can just blank out so it looks like he has nothing in the slot til he gets the relic but when I changed slot to magic as a test it still stayed as slot I am using Terra at the beging of the game for testing
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(03-13-2014, 06:46 PM)Locke0075 Wrote: What I would like to do is say take the Summon Command as a base command and with relic change it to Magitek and Summon on the other editor I can just blank out so it looks like he has nothing in the slot til he gets the relic but when I changed slot to magic as a test it still stayed as slot I am using Terra at the beging of the game for testing

Do you know what punctuation is? :P
  Find

Status
None
I believe that is unheadered. I am just getting these values from examining the C2 bank text file which is out there (I forget where I found the file, but it is not too hard to find if you search on google.) If you go to that area in your rom and it appears incorrect try adding or removing 200.

When you are saying that Terra is not having the slot skill converted over to magitek are you equipping her with an item which alters the command property? In this case you would need to equip her with an item with the "change slot to coin toss" property in FF3usME as you are only altering how that property works.
  Find

Status
None
I went to address 25653 and it has the OF in it . I changed it to 19 so it should be summon . Now on ff3usme I give Terra Fight Slot Magic and Item in the actors part of it . But when I start a game it still says in her status window Fight Slot Magic and Item . Even though I changed the value in the rom via hex editor .
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Locke0075 for this post:
  • Robo Jesus (12-27-2017)

Status
None
You do realize that this only alters the item property and not the actual command itself right? If you have changed the code to make summon into magitek you will still need to assign summon to that character and then equip that character with the command changing item to turn it into magitek.
  Find

Status
None
Ok . So If I give Edgar summon inplace of his magic command ,when I equip the coin toss if I change that address from slot to summon and then the gp rain number to magitek that is how I get the magitek as long as the item is equipped . Now does it work with the theif glove and gem box ?
  Find

Threads: 25
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 15
Status
X-Zone
Yes, Tin Man already has shown the locations of the commands to be changed for those certain relics on the previous page, but I'll point it out to you:
Code:
(Data - commands that can be replaced with other commands thanks to Relics)

C2/5452: 05   (Steal) <---------(Thief Glove)

C2/5453: 0F   (Slot)

C2/5454: 0D   (Sketch)

C2/5455: 02   (Magic) <---------(Gem Box)

C2/5456: 00   (Fight)

(Data - commands that can replace above commands due to Relics)

C2/5457: 06   (Capture) <---------(Thief Glove)

C2/5458: 18   (GP Rain)

C2/5459: 0E   (Control)

C2/545A: 17   (X-Magic) <---------(Gem Box)

C2/545B: 16   (Jump)

Code:
Fight - 00

Item - 01

Magic - 02

Morph - 03

Revert - 04

Steal - 05

Capture - 06

SwdTech - 07

Throw - 08

Tools - 09

Blitz - 0A

Runic - 0B

Lore - OC

Sketch - 0D

Control - OE

Slot - OF

Rage - 10

Leap - 11

Mimic -12

Dance -13

Row - 14

Def - 15

Jump - 16

X-Magic - 17

GP Rain - 18

Summon - 19

Health - 1A

Shock -1B

Possess -1C

MagiTek -1D

Shine 
  Find

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 25
Status
None
I can't seem to get this to work with changing Fight to Mimic. I changed the Theif Glove to a Gogo Armlet since I took Gogo Out

[Image: 5452812CeqVF.png]
[Image: RoyakenGif_zpsacedef24.gif]
  Find

Threads: 39
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Runic
(03-01-2014, 08:12 PM)Scorcher Wrote: There is one thing that just pisses me off about this patch, it makes it so I can't edit dialogue with FF3usME

Make your changes to the dialogue FIRST, then install the patches. I always do this first as to not mess anything up or the program doesn't allow me to edit the dialogue. I always save the patches for the end. Be sure to back up your work, because you don't ant all our hard work to go away and edit everything again.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to CrumpledMedal for this post:
  • Kusanagi_999 (07-19-2021)