Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FF6 "Choose your own Adventure" style

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
That upload is actually just an April Fools joke. Sorry to get your hopes up, but I'm not even close to close to done yet (or were you going along with the joke as well?). Now that it isn't April 1st anymore I should really edit that comment Surprised . I'm actually working on the opening cutscene right now, and I'm about 1/3 done that.

About winning or losing battles to make choices, I do plan on having choices like that in the game. I'm also planning on making those battles more difficult so that you actually have a larger chance of losing. However, these choices aren't too common; I didn't squeeze those types of outcomes in as often as I thought I might. I may be able to think of more ways to incorporate dying as I go along, but it will probably affect the short term more than the long term.

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
I composed my post before I saw the April Fools joke and laughed quite heartily after seeing it. I figured it was a joke due to the implausibility of being done in a month, BUT I thought I would get more of a show than what I saw! I am serious about helping though. I am just getting my feet wet in all of this and joined the site after you posted about the idea. That's how new I am.

However, I have looked over event hacking and plan to learn it pretty heavily. I think it's something I can do, and if I am indeed able to do it I would like to help you where I can.
  Find

Threads: 6
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
(04-04-2013, 07:43 PM)Lockirby2 Wrote: I may be able to think of more ways to incorporate dying as I go along, but it will probably affect the short term more than the long term.

As I mentioned before, you might take a cue from Radiant Historia, which allows you to go back to a preset point before the crucial choice in case of a "bad" ending. This would eliminate the worry of losing items/levels in case of a "wrong" choice. Dying in battle is one thing (and FF6 still lets you keep your xp), but I'd hate to have to redo hours of work after, say, Gau eats the world. (You can use that if you want.)
  Find

Status
Double
In addition to that, I'll be able to incorporate some bad endings by giving extra cutscenes after you die in boss fights that show the consequences of you losing them.

Confused Moogles FTW

Status
None
(04-07-2013, 06:39 PM)Lockirby2 Wrote: In addition to that, I'll be able to incorporate some bad endings by giving extra cutscenes after you die in boss fights that show the consequences of you losing them.

I really, really like that idea.
  Find

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 2
Status
Prowess
Alright, so I can try my hand at writing, editing, drawing, or event hacking, but I'm somewhat inexperienced at all of them as of now. I know some people have their niches, so if there's anywhere that can be specifically covered by me because no one else wants to, I'm all for it.

The only thing harder than finding a needle in a haystack is finding a haystack in a needle. Laugh
  Find

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 2
Status
Prowess
I just had an idea, and I'm not sure how feasible it would be, nor how much it would affect the storyline at this point, but I wonder if one could have a reputation stat, that starts at 128 at the beginning of the game, and goes up or down based on the decisions you make. Based on reputation, you could have a couple different choices, such as joining Kefka's army at points if your reputation is below 30 or something like that.

The only thing harder than finding a needle in a haystack is finding a haystack in a needle. Laugh
  Find

Status
Double
I thought about doing something like that, but I eschewed the karma meter idea because I didn't think that I could make enough options where the main character would realistically do something evil. There aren't any options where you can randomly go around killing or extorting people for no reason at all.

Furthermore, we live in the same house! Couldn't you just tell me your ideas instead of making a forum post Tongue, lol.

Confused Moogles FTW

Status
None
So how's the project coming along?
  Find

Status
Double
I'm still in the middle of the opening cutscene. I haven't been able to work on it too much this week due to homework, but I'm going to work on it some more today.

Confused Moogles FTW