Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Which hack is best to play for a first timer?

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 2
Status
Rage
Final Fantasy It is difficult for Final Fantasy Hardtype. Haha!!!Laugh

"That settles that! It takes brains to win!"
Sonja Advance War 2

Objection!
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
thanks for the feedback

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Hey Willior, thanks for the interest. FF6: Best was actually built using Eviltype, so some of the monster scripts are identical and their vulnerabilities/effects are also. It's hard for me to say what else wasn't changed, but I made FF6: Best because Eviltype didn't do it for me, as it became pretty easy in the end and I saw myself hitting 9999 damage pretty easily in the WoR, which I hate. FF6: Best lets you get to 9999 dmg a little too easy still, but it's definitely later on.

As it stands right now I'm afraid FF6: Best would be harder than what you're looking for, although the smart players have found easy ways to never have to grind. Fairly soon I should be releasing a new "Panzy mode" where monster stats are decreased by 25%, just so people don't have to use the harsh tactics I allow them in the game. I'm also gradually playing through the game again to make sure bosses aren't harder than they should be, or boring (some bosses can get tedious if you play certain ways).

However, I think in terms of the scope and technicalities to things I did change, I think you will find it to be the best hack available. I would be surprised if anyone makes better monster scripts than me, on the whole. The way I changed weapons and armor are also things I'm very proud of (each weapon type has more differences, there are many clever weapons/armor, and heavier armor detracts from evade). Some of the changed spell graphics are great. My favorite achievement is that it really feels like you're a rebel hero struggling against the odds, and it's definitely possible with smarts or just grinding.

Things that are a downer are the item placements in WoR, where powerful items are not only in Kefka's tower, meaning you can run through tough areas and get good weapons/armor. This has changed as much as possible in my personal version and will be in the next release. Also, some of the characters are genuinely more fun to play than others, and some are probably just plain better on average, although almost all have a special tactical advantage. Finally, there are some levels with multiple bosses where your setup may be good enough for one boss, but not the other, forcing you to re-load back to a place where you can get stronger or change setup. And the excel sheet is a mess, because I made the game with it.

Confused

[Image: FinalFantasy3_00021.jpg]
  Find