Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy VI Advance Editor

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(10-20-2013, 08:33 PM)Joe73ffdq Wrote: After several months of time, I imagine the next update will be as complete as FF3usME.

Sadly it won't be the case. I hate making people wait but this project has been put on hold since last August for various reasons. I had technical problems implementing the MVVM architecture to the editor which is the point of using WPF forms instead of winforms.

Secondly, I have very little free time since the end of August since I go to college and take an extra class. On top of that I gotta work and I'm developping an Android application for the school as an another job. My todo list as an admin of this site is also growing bigger. The rest of my free time is to play some FFXIV and I'm enjoying a video game for the first time since FFXII in 2006 so I won't stop playing for now.

Programming is fun but you can't do only that otherwise you become insane.

Plus with creating the editor comes some R&D to find the data and some testing. I tend to neglect this part. I'm not trying to find excuses but this is just the general portrait of why I relegated the editor far in my priority list as well as hacking activities such as collaborating to the 15th man project or having a hack of my own.

I will try to continue the editor soon when my schedule is less charged without cutting off the activities I like to now right now.
  Find

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
***Programming is fun but you can't do only that otherwise you become insane***

Im just learning how to do this stuff, and I think I needed to hear that. I have put so much time into the FF1 hack (GFF Gronds Final Fantasy) since June. Between work and being a father, I know its hard to find time as well.

I have been putting too much energy into this project. Not going insane, but burning myself out a little. What I thought would only take 2-3 months to compile raw hex text data sheets, has turned into a massive project which will take til spring at best to be complete.

I was just wondering how far along your project is, not being impatient. We're talking about hacking an RPG, no small project as I am finding out with even a game as simple as FF1.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(10-21-2013, 01:45 AM)Joe73ffdq Wrote: I was just wondering how far along your project is, not being impatient.

Well to answer you question I'm still building the portrait editor. I can display them and I found a library to manage the graphics (bitmaps) in wpf. I also started to import the three character tables to eventually being used in the dialogue editor. Adding the old feature back into the new editor should go fast though. I can't tell exactly when I'll be done or release a new version.
  Find

Status
None
As badly as I want FF6AE to be completed, I have a lot on my plate with my FF1 project. There is also the likelihood of DQ7 3DS coming out in a few months, which I cant wait for.

The 2 things Im actually waiting for with FF6AE is...

Enemy Items Steal/Drop

Item/Magic/Esper Renaming

If you do eventually work on Natural Magic Abilities, and Mdef other then X10 ratios, those would be bonuses.

Thanks again, and your right about this stuff being fun, but it can drive you insane too. I want my documents to be finished, so I can release my first ever contribution to RHDN.
  Find

Status
None
I visit this board occasionally to check in for possible updates, and I have to admit that I now understand how time consuming a hacking project is. Now 6 months into my FF1 project, I still have quite a ways to go, and this is just for documents. There is quite a lot of data to list in an RPG to offer other hackers good detailed info. FF6 has so much more to it, and I cant imagine working with 5x the data, and 10x the text.

Just thought to drop in and mention again, that it was the discovery of FF6AE here on this site, that fully inspired me to learn rom hacking.

I have 3 hacking projects going right now, so this isnt a post to inquire where you're at, just a hello, and a thank you, for being a random person on the internet, that motivated me to learn how to hex edit and rom hack.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(12-06-2013, 01:13 AM)Joe73ffdq Wrote: Just thought to drop in and mention again, that it was the discovery of FF6AE here on this site, that fully inspired me to learn rom hacking.

I have 3 hacking projects going right now, so this isnt a post to inquire where you're at, just a hello, and a thank you, for being a random person on the internet, that motivated me to learn how to hex edit and rom hack.

That is really cool to hear! Thanks!

I'll be working on the editor this winter, starting in about 1 1/2 week!
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
Finally some good news and updates!

I've almost finished the portrait editor. A lot of the backend code for a monster and esper editor is done by doing the portrait editor, so given I find all relative data to the monsters, I could finish that portion really fast. Then I'll do the dialogue and character sprite editor.

I've also fully implemented a FFVI small or big font comboBox usercontrol. This is sort of a prelude to the dialogue editor but was also necessary in case you have the (good?) idea to name as an example one of your monster Mr.<Thunder icon> or Lo<Helmet icon>bo.

A sneek peek of the portrait editor. Why changing a good recipe? ;)

[Image: Portrait_zpsb45a4624.png]
  Find

Status
None
Its amazing how detailed the game is for GBA's small resolution.

They matched the original very well.

Looks good, and I know that feature will be lots of fun.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(01-12-2014, 02:40 AM)Joe73ffdq Wrote: Its amazing how detailed the game is for GBA's small resolution.

They matched the original very well.

As for portrait, they still have a 40x40 size but most of them are about 36x36 hence the "empty" space on the right and bottom. If you compare a portrait with his SNES version pixel by pixel, you will see differences. They look the same but are not exactly the same. I think this is due to the limited space they had in the GBA menu.
  Find

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
It seems that you haven't found stolen item and monster formation.

71BB9C is 4 bytes of stolen rare, stolen common, dropped rare, dropped common
61C33C is 15 bytes of Monster formation member.
0 is mould (doesn't even know what it is for)
1 is Monster formation (up to 0x3F)
2-7 is first 8 bit of Monster ID
8-13 is Monster coordinate
14 is the last bit of Monster ID, up to 0x3F

61B928 is 4 bytes of encounter config mask etc.
79AF00 is one byte of AP
728584 is Monster script--edited: It's 728326 + X, where X is 2 byte pointer value from 727FD8

If you're interested in Kazekiri modifier, you can change the casted spell, or even give a weapon their own spell(using accuracy as the base, requires a bit of THUMB modifier). For the first case, it's in 8A21C. Note that giving it ST-able target will retarget the enemies. Giving it Blitz, Bushido, or other unsuitable spell will causing error. Giving it Forsaken or Meteo (not meteor) combined with Master Scroll will cancel the following hit (only the first hit). Giving it Level xx spell will deny it's target's level.

Mythril glove assigned spell (target self, 1 byte) 7A2BA
Barrier ring assigned spell (target self, 1 byte) 7A274
I've found a successful method to activate the spell everytime you enter Fatal state, ASM though.

90C00 is Slot spell, consecutively
Joker's Death
Joker's Death
Bahamut
Esper Summon
Dive Bomb
Chocobo Stampede
Prismatic Flash
Mysidian Rabbit

B3AE0 is First reel of 16 image ID of Slot (2 bytes each)
The next 2 reels follow it.
  Find