Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
What is your favorite FF6 scene?

Threads: 7
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
What are the scene or plot twist that have touched you or that you remember the most in ff6?
Heres my top 4:

4. Leos change of heart - Such a big teaser, Kefka betray the party, youre given the control of an awesome character and he die right after his first fight. It could have been an animated fight, like when Kefka fight Gesthalt on the Floating Continent, but no! You control him, he die because you Tongue
[Image: imgshk.png]

3-"Son of a submariner!" When Kefka attack Figaro Castle at the beginning of the game. Just when you think Kefka have won, Lockes theme plays, Edgar whistle and he unfold his plans. And the "Theres sand on my boots" and his laugh are just before that. AND the "M-M-M-M-M-M-M-M-M-M-M-M-M-M-M-M-M-M-M-M-M-M-M-M-M-M-M-M-M-M-M-MAGIC" scene is right after. A great scene to start the game.
2-Celes suicide/Leap of faith - When you let Cid die in WoR. Personnaly, during each of my playthrough, i save and i let Cid die just to see the scene. Youre stuck on a tiny island, you think every of your friends are dead, Cid just died saving you and because you werent able to save him back, even the monster are dieing. Pretty rough scene.

1-Kefka poison Doma castle "Hee, hee! Nothing can beat the music of hundreds of voices screaming in unison! Uwa, ha, ha!" Cyan see everyone in his kingdom, including his family, die before his eyes. And then when they leave the train, Cyan see his family go on it. The game just give you time to think about what just happenned. Cyan says nothing, Shadow says to leave him be. And the game slowly fade to black. And you continue as normal, knowing the train isnt comming back.
[Image: imgshk.png][Image: imgshk.png]

Runner up are:
Floating Continent final scene
Opera Scene
The escape, final scene of the game
Locke and Rachel scene
The coin toss of Figaro Castle

One of the only scene that i hate, story wise, is Gau story in WoR. Its cute that everyone try to help Gau, but it just turns out, as we already know, Gaus father is crazy. It would have been nice if there was a scene after that or some more dialogue outside of the house.
The other thing i dont really like is how you get Setzer in WoR. Its like:
Party:"Join the party! Setzer!"
Setzer:"mmmmm... No!"
Party:"aw Cmon Setzer!"
Setzer:"mmmmm...... Ok! Lets find the airship of my dead wife!"

[Image: rrj.gif]
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
There is four memorables scenes for me:

4. Setzer telling his story with Daryl in the tomb while descending the stairs.
A really nice unexpected story element of Setzer's past. I love the music and the flashbacks. Good emotional potential.

3. Celes's missed suicide.
Another scene filled with emotion. Epic music. And a PG-13 theme in a child video game (well for 1994).

2. Locke trying to use phoenix on Rachel.
The peak of Locke side-story regarding his troubled past. At that moment, he is liberated from his guilt and remorse. I think there is an addition to the scene if you have Celes in the party.

1. The opera scene.
My favorite scene in all the Final Fantasy. The music is incredible. I remember in the 100th issue of Nintendo Power FFII came one position behind FFIII on the Top 100 games and the only thing that the staff found to give a slightly higher score to FFIII was the opera scene. This is discutable but it shows how this scene has touched everyone including Nintendo Power staff.
  Find

Status
None
(12-01-2012, 11:29 PM)Ⓐ Mᴀᴅsɪᴜʀ Ⓐ Wrote: 1. The opera scene.
My favorite scene in all the Final Fantasy. The music is incredible. I remember in the 100th issue of Nintendo Power FFII came one position behind FFIII on the Top 100 games and the only thing that the staff found to give a slightly higher score to FFIII was the opera scene. This is discutable but it shows how this scene has touched everyone including Nintendo Power staff.
I really loved the Opera scene, as you said the music is awesome. However, it doesnt really develop any character story. Other than a mean to get Setzer and a airship. Which is why i only putted it in the Runner up.
(12-01-2012, 11:29 PM)Ⓐ Mᴀᴅsɪᴜʀ Ⓐ Wrote: There is four memorables scenes for me:

4. Setzer telling his story with Daryl in the tomb while descending the stairs.
A really nice unexpected story element of Setzer's past. I love the music and the flashbacks. Good emotional potential.
The Setzer/Darill is really well made, the stairs and flash back are originals, but it always felt like it was pushed. I mean, there should have been another scene in WoR with Setzer that explains Darill, instead of just explaining the party right away. Personnaly, i dont really like the character of Setzer story wise, he has no real motivation against the empire, and his character isnt developped enough.

(12-01-2012, 11:29 PM)Ⓐ Mᴀᴅsɪᴜʀ Ⓐ Wrote: 2. Locke trying to use phoenix on Rachel.
The peak of Locke side-story regarding his troubled past. At that moment, he is liberated from his guilt and remorse. I think there is an addition to the scene if you have Celes in the party.
Indeed, if you have Celes when you pickup Locke at the end of Phoenix Cave, there is a little dialogue between them.

Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
(12-03-2012, 04:15 PM)Daemoth Wrote:
(12-01-2012, 11:29 PM)Ⓐ Mᴀᴅsɪᴜʀ Ⓐ Wrote: 1. The opera scene.
I really loved the Opera scene, as you said the music is awesome. However, it doesnt really develop any character story. Other than a mean to get Setzer and a airship. Which is why i only putted it in the Runner up.

for me its the best scene too and imo story relevancy is generally, well irrelevant in terms of crafting quality.
  Find

Threads: 39
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Runic
1. Is Edgar and Sabin's moment together in Figaro Castle. They talk about the day their father died, and Sabin is very emotional and it tells the story of the two brothers with the coin toss throw which both choose to go their seperate ways.
2. The opera scene though it does not have the implications the others have. I like the singing and having to remember lines with whomever Celes or whomever you replaced with Celes. This is a scene I always maintain even as I edit the game.
3. Locke's revival of Rachel with the Phoenix Magicite shards. She wakes long enough to give him the signal to "go on" and not grieve about her passing.
  Find

Threads: 62
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Regen
1. The scene where you are in the airship flying towards Vector at dusk.
2. The floating island and everything that happens from start to finish.
3. The end credits.
4. Everything else except the opera.
5. Nothing.
6. Nothing.
1,999,999,999,999,998. The opera.

[Image: jce3000gt_md.png]

[Image: jce3000gt.jpg]

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
pretty sure you meant 2,000,000,000,000,623
  Find

Threads: 62
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Regen
LOL you're right! Smile

[Image: jce3000gt_md.png]

[Image: jce3000gt.jpg]

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
My favorite scene in FFVI...would have to be...I guess I like in Sabin's scenario when he visits Gau's dad, and all the funny things there, like touching the stove. That, and then later on in the WoR when they give Gau a makeover. That's more of a funny one though...

A serious scene for me would have to be when you get the Falcon in the WoR, with the flashbacks with Daryl, and then when the Falcon comes up out of the water and 'Searching for Friends' kicks in. Really epic feeling. Goes from sad, to hopeful in a matter of seconds.

I've also always really loved the WoR Mobliz events, with Terra and the children, and Duane and Katarin.
My favorite scene though from those events is when Terra transforms to fight Phunbaba and the scene that follows.

I better just stop there before I list more, 'cause there are just so many!

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
None
(12-06-2012, 09:26 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: My favorite scene in FFVI...would have to be...I guess I like in Sabin's scenario when he visits Gau's dad, and all the funny things there, like touching the stove. That, and then later on in the WoR when they give Gau a makeover. That's more of a funny one though...
The way Gaus story end is so sad, it explains how Gau got his "power" but other than that, its just sad. Lost his mother, being abandoned in the wildest region of the world, and his father cant think straight for more than 2 seconds.

Also, anyone ever noticed, in the last picture i posted in the first post, that Shadows feet goes through the chair? Also, Gau names has been forgotten in the dialogue.

Find