Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Hobbies and stuff

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Tissue-aware
So yeah... To satisfy my curiosity and maybe stimulate the conversation, what do you guys do beside spriting, hacking and working and/or go to school? Name one hobby or activity and describe briefly why you enjoy it.

I'll start:

1) Reading on anarchism and History: I read about the first subject because it's the ideal social structure and about History because it's good to know past mistakes of humanity to not repeat them.

2) Programming a FFVIA editor: Kind of related to hacking, though it is more research and programming. I practice my coding with binary files and at the same time I map the data that is not mapped so far in the advance version.

3) Collecting clothing, food and blankets for people in need: This one is not really an hobby but I take it as a responsibility. I'm doing currently a collect to help the people who fights in the Syrian revolution. It sort of lower my culpability.

4) Listening and downloading tons of music: My best way to relax or cheering me up. I like Punk, Trance, Psytrance, Hardstyle, some Rock, VGM, movies OST and classical. I have a huge collection of mp3, flac files and albums.

I said enough.
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Nice topic.

1)Science. Reading any science news i can come across, specifically physics, astrophysics, technology but also other topics. For that reason I am subscribed to numerous sources including new scientist and spektrum (a german language very indepht science publisher, way more technical than new scientist). But I'm interested and will talk happily about anything scientific but If i can chose I wouldnt ever read about sociology, psychology, geography or medicine (though I love nature and landscapes)

2)Music (and especially going out listening to it live; live gigs of ALL sorts give me great joy), im addicted to music and listen to it at almost all occasions when im not with other ppl. Ambient, Garage, dnb, techhouse and many more, actually any track that is good, independent of the genre, Those are just some of the genres that the majority of the tracks on my Mp3 have. (though i rarely enjoy house electro, new dubstep and other pumpy EDM genres). Though I generally live by the philosophy that good music is about a good track not a genre, I enjoy the occasional Vevo track. Favorite YT channels atm include majesticcasual, Finhq, Rugia, Mojiito, kriemfield, and sheep (sheep and tumba got me into the whole YT subscription thing, I prefer YT channels over Soundcloud following. You just need to find channels that fit your taste). Music is a hobby for me, i go to as many live acts i can manage to, and it takes big part of my life.

3)I love Squash tennis and tabletennis, and play them in random frequency but all of them rather regularily (any of the 3 , about 1-2 times a week), I am generally a fan of raquet sports but rarely play badminton, its my least favorite. I dont rly like football, rugby, bball, volleyball, well yea i like raquets . Icehockey is fun but i rarely get to play it. I also swim 3 times a week after college.

4)In the evening, if im at home, I enjoy 2d games (sure there are some good 3d games but from 100 games i would call good, im sure 90 would be 2d), though i rarely rly play anymore because I lose focus too fast, or watching a movie, I usually watch a movie before going to bed unless i have a book that im reading which is only the case about 1 book a month (unrelated to science and my studies I mean). My gaming youth in no order is Terranigma, FF6, Secret of mana, lufia, Tales of phantasia, FF XIII, and IX, Tales of series in general, Tactics ogre, Robot wars, well i can go on but you get the drift. (with friends mario cart. Man we played alot of that. But i wouldve never play it alone.) My major console was obviously Snes. Oh and i LOVE danmaku, specifically Zuns Touhou, I play them every now and than and I Rly enjoy watching those sick replays when I come home fucked up, and dont want to sleep. Wathing Asian (mostly) touhou players makes you feel like you are playing like a retard.

Edit* 5) Cultures that are not european interest me alot even though i dont actively dedicate much time to it I take anything i can get that passes by ( so to speak), I only dedicate about avg of 3 mayb 4 days a month (and not the whole day obviously lol) to it, but I love traveling and love to enjoy nature and other cultures. And also, I guess going hand in hand, Im quite interested in languages , I fluently (not fawlessly.... but with rather few accent since saying something sounding different from what it sounds with a native makes me feel like saying it wrong, and also because luckily I grew up with 3 of those 4, I taught myself jap in the last 4 years) speak French English German and Japanese, and by now can understand almost all european (well western european; latin and german rooted) languages, though I have trouble speaking in most of them about anything above basic communication, understanding is alot easier than talking. All the partially comes from the fact that Im the kind of guy who doesnt like to not know something, so I like to research (give it a quick google in other words) when I hear something and dont know what it means, I dont rly actively sit down and learn those other Languages though, when i time for languages I still am not satisfied enough with my Japanese so Ill study a bit of that then. On the other hand I have nearly (kurwa and similar pop culture words aside) no knowledge of any slavic or arab languages though, and african, well if they dont speak french I understand 0.0 (zero point zero, not smiley)

Wow that was a bit extensive, I am truly sorry for the novel, only realised it when I was done, my bad Tongue

And Im living in Vienna, Austria.

Since 4 seems to be enough, I said enough. Wink *Well now five is the new standard!

Cheers.
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 158
Status
Nattak\'d
I enjoy drinking, drinking and dancing, drinking and watching sports, and making hip-hop beats and/or rapping freestyle. All because they make me one happy panda.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
Tissue-aware
(11-14-2012, 03:39 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: I enjoy drinking, drinking and dancing, drinking and watching sports, and making hip-hop beats and/or rapping freestyle. All because they make me one happy panda.

Dude I didn't know you were making beats. That is cool. Are you using softwares or analogue hardware?

@Terramano: I like science too. Sadly I do not put a lot of time in reading about physics or astronomy. I'm more a social sciences guy.

Et trouves-tu que le français est une langue facile ou difficile d'apprentissage?
  Find

Status
None
Ben en fait je ne pourrait pas dire, puisque j´ai visité une Maternelle suivi d´un Lycee le Francais est, même avant l´anglais, un peut comme ma deuxième langue maternelle. Mais j´imagine que ce soit assez difficile de parler francais sans accent pour qqun qui a apris le francais qu´après son adolescence. T francais toi?

Find

Status
Nattak\'d
I know you guys aren't meaning any harm whatsoever, but let's keep rule #4 in mind please of 'No use of foreign languages.' Do that via PM, as it makes it impossible to moderate among other things, like nowon being able to understand it. =) I'm going to have the rules moved on the front page or something, because most people don't even know they exist, 'cause they're somewhat hidden.

(11-14-2012, 03:55 PM)Madsiur Wrote: Dude I didn't know you were making beats. That is cool. Are you using softwares or analogue hardware?

yeah, not so much as I used to though, I need to get a midi keyboard to get back into it like I used to, with the computer programs and all that.

I've also messed around with a PSP game called Traxxpad, I actually have some vids of a few of my works I did for fun on that here if you wanna check 'em out:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0...ature=plcp

Its a really basic program though obviously being a PSP game, and comes with lotsa errors when you export the song to mp3, but it's still fun I guess.

Status
None
@Gi Nattak

I am (*edit this part got removed due to indirect request Tongue) very sorry,

He asked me: "What do You think about french in terms of how hard it is to learn it. (Literally: "And do you think of French as an easy or hard to learn Language?" And my reply is pretty literally translated anyway)"

I replied: "I cant rly answer that with honesty because I went to a french kindergarden followed by a french school which made french, even before english, somewhat my second native language. I Beleive though that it is hard for someone who learned French after his adolescence to speak it accentfree. Are you french?"

Hope this Helps and sorry Wink
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
I'm not really sorry because it was only a short sentence of my message like a blink done to someone speaking the same language than you. I don't think the conversation would have stayed in french beyond his reply. I understand rules #4 and comply 99.9% of the time to it, but a single exchange in a foreign language has been done numerous times in the past, sometimes to greet someone speaking the same language as you or giving a clearer explanation for someone having a hard time understanding. I understand that your job of moderator is to apply the rules and that a forum needs rules, but when I see threads like this I'm asking myself questions about how strictly there rules are apply depending who talk: https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showth...p?tid=1028

My goal is not to argue with a mod, I'm just explaining my point of view and showing that maybe there is 2 weights 2 measures sometimes...

And BTW, maybe I'm wrong but I think the forums rules are not accessible to anyone except mods.

Find

Status
None
Glad someone else here is the kind of guy to say what he thinks straight out even if its not a compliment, I just decided to suck it up now on, since im on Warning and even though not agreeing with it I am accepting it even if its for lack of a choice.

And, without "sucking it up" no offence Gi, you seem like a nice guy BUT: LMFAO @ the linked thread.

This link made me crack so hard given the circumstances, thanks for that laugh XDDDD
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
(11-14-2012, 04:43 PM)Madsiur Wrote: I'm not really sorry because it was only a short sentence of my message like a blink done to someone speaking the same language than you. I don't think the conversation would have stayed in french beyond his reply. I understand rules #4 and comply 99.9% of the time to it, but a single exchange in a foreign language has been done numerous times in the past, sometimes to greet someone speaking the same language as you or giving a clearer explanation for someone having a hard time understanding. I understand that your job of moderator is to apply the rules and that a forum needs rules, but when I see threads like this I'm asking myself questions about how strictly there rules are apply depending who talk: https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showth...p?tid=1028

My goal is not to argue with a mod, I'm just explaining my point of view and showing that maybe there is 2 weights 2 measures sometimes...

And BTW, maybe I'm wrong but I think the forums rules are not accessible to anyone except mods.

lmao. THIS is why I don't ever bring the hammer down on anyone or try and enforce the rules... >_<

I never asked for an apology, or to feel sorry.
And how was I to know that the conversation was to stop being in French right after that? I harbor no such psychic powers, unfortunatly. I thought it a good time to point out that there's a rule about that, God damn. Really not trying to bust anyone's balls, honestly I personally couldn't care less if you guys talked for 14 pages in French all day long lol.

https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showth...ight=rules
These are the rules to which I was speaking, they are open to everyone, but are pretty much hidden like I was saying, which makes no since and that will change.