Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Hobbies and stuff

Threads: 7
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
(11-14-2012, 10:34 PM)Terramano Wrote: Sigur Is awesome not only njos. but the group in general!!!!
Which is why i wrote "Sigur Ros [...] Njosnavelin " and not "Njosnavelin from Sigur Ros" Wink

[Image: rrj.gif]
  Find

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
Back to the topic...?

1) Baking. I like baking sweets from my hometown. I live far away from where my family is, so baking reminds me of when I am at home. Plus when I share, I make other people happy.

2) Shopping. Cause I always like to look good on whatever I wear.

3) Playing Tennis. I'm no expert, and would like to play it some more.

4) Anime. I may be a grown up, but it reminds me that a part of me will never grow up.

That's about it...

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
(11-14-2012, 10:51 PM)Daemoth Wrote:
(11-14-2012, 10:34 PM)Terramano Wrote: Sigur Is awesome not only njos. but the group in general!!!!
Which is why i wrote "Sigur Ros [...] Njosnavelin " and not "Njosnavelin from Sigur Ros" Wink

I didnt misread when i wrote my reply, I just stated that I too like the whole band and not only but including the track you gave as an example... Wink

@Angelo What is your hometown then, just so we can imagine the kind of sweets you bake.
  Find

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
(11-14-2012, 10:52 PM)Angelo26 Wrote: Back to the topic...?

1) Baking. I like baking sweets from my hometown. I live far away from where my family is, so baking reminds me of when I am at home. Plus when I share, I make other people happy.

2) Shopping. Cause I always like to look good on whatever I wear.

3) Playing Tennis. I'm no expert, and would like to play it some more.

4) Anime. I may be a grown up, but it reminds me that a part of me will never grow up.

That's about it...
Whoa...

1. Reading & Writing. I plan to become a novelist, plus I taught myself to read when I was 2 years old and by 4 I could read and understand Shakespeare; so the literary world has been a big deal in my life. (cried when Borders was shut down).

2. Baking. Mainly because I simply love to do so, for Thanksgiving I will be baking a completely homemade pumpkin spice pie (pureed the pumpkin myself) with marshmallow fondant....mmmm...

3. Playing Tennis. It's one of very few sports I enjoy.

4. Anime.

5. Drawing. I'm not all that great, the following being some examples of things that I've done:

[Image: imgshk.png] [Image: imgshk.png]
[Image: imgshk.png]
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
OMG! Lord Sutebenu and Angelo has a lot in common. You guys should meet up or something...

I like tennis too but I hate baking because I see it as pure wasted time. Well it's only my opinion. I rather do pastas or something that is quick but I'll never spend an hour or two doing a dessert. As for anime I'm not the greatest fan but I like titles like Princess Mononoke, Akira and Ninja scroll. If you guys knows other good titles like these, let me know...

@Daemoth: I liked your Sigur Ros song and the version of over the rainbow. Sweetsweepbeat has some nice covers too. I like more calm music also. Here's some non-electronic stuff I like:

1) Nathalie Merchant - Which side are you on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dC5o5mVpYPM I almost cry every time I heard this song.

2) Radiohead - Jigsaw falling into place http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoLJJRIWCLU Awesome song and lyrics.

3) Jhonny Cash - Hurt (Originally from NIN) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o22eIJDtKho Best cover ever.

4) Blur - Sing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdrFpPJgxC4 Reminds me of the 90's

5) Frank Turner - The State Lottery (Originally from Propagandhi): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xw1X6kMims This song is in my top 5 of all time. This is an acoustic cover of it.

6) Keny Arkana - V pour Vérités (T for Truths ?) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=622QUs5aZeQ One of the best french rapper I know. Her lyrics are excellent and hers songs are really good musically. She is the one who made me like rap more in general, especially because of her lyrics. This video has english subs.

So yeah I officially rename this thread "Hobbies and music thread". I like discovering music from other members and hobbies too and the first subject is part off the second one so...
  Find

Status
None
(11-16-2012, 12:45 AM)Lord Sutebenu Wrote: 1. Reading & Writing. I plan to become a novelist, plus I taught myself to read when I was 2 years old and by 4 I could read and understand Shakespeare; so the literary world has been a big deal in my life. (cried when Borders was shut down).

;D

(11-16-2012, 01:59 AM)Veridis Quo Wrote: I hate baking because I see it as pure wasted time. Well it's only my opinion.

lol

(11-16-2012, 01:59 AM)Veridis Quo Wrote: 5) Frank Turner - The State Lottery (Originally from Propagandhi): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xw1X6kMims This song is in my top 5 of all time. This is an acoustic cover of it.

!!!!!!
  Find

Threads: 39
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Runic
1. I volunteer at the hospital about 1 or 2 days a week from 11am to 3pm. Basically I visit patients and their families in the Personal and Intensive Care Units. I have a lot of fun doing that.
2. I watch football on the weekends when I have some free time or I just fiddle aroudn with things on the computer.
3. I play some old SNES games on a emulator or some older games on the PS2, I'm not much into Call of Duty or anything like that. I do like some computer games on PC.
4. i take care of pets and I have one dog, poodle-terrier mix and 2 cats, one calico, and a tabby cat, both female. They are very loving cats but the calico is still a kitten and she is learning her manners as a cat.
5. I live in Spotsylvania, Virginia. I have lived here my entire life and I live out in the country but I'm six miles away from anything so its a drive. I have a driver's license and a car but I have to make payments on it, so that's a hassle. But mainly trying to find a little work to make some money.
(11-16-2012, 10:01 AM)Terramano Wrote:
(11-16-2012, 12:45 AM)Lord Sutebenu Wrote: 1. Reading & Writing. I plan to become a novelist, plus I taught myself to read when I was 2 years old and by 4 I could read and understand Shakespeare; so the literary world has been a big deal in my life. (cried when Borders was shut down).

;D

(11-16-2012, 01:59 AM)Veridis Quo Wrote: I hate baking because I see it as pure wasted time. Well it's only my opinion.

lol

(11-16-2012, 01:59 AM)Veridis Quo Wrote: 5) Frank Turner - The State Lottery (Originally from Propagandhi): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xw1X6kMims This song is in my top 5 of all time. This is an acoustic cover of it.

!!!!!!

I would like to write a novel as well, about my educational career and advice to others on how to deal with things in school.
  Find

Status
None
Just randomly wondering why you are quoting me XD, *edit* nvm It was an indirect quote I guess.

Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
I'm surprised I didnt make a topic like this sooner lolz

I'm a bit surprised 2 learn some of these things, a few hobbies of mine just might surprise u guys

1. I love to write music, its a huge part of my life, its therapy to me

2. go to the gym (u guys shouldn't be too surprised on that one LOL)

3. I love to cook/bake (I'm surprised Steve n Miguel do as well)

4. I love reading and writing stories

5. I love meeting new people and trying new things

6. I used to draw all the time, but now not so much

7. I like to hang out with friends, n be random lol

8. I like to dance (I'm Dominican so its in my blood LMFAO)

9. I drink/smoke every once in a while, its not me nor does my life revolve around it, but hey when I do it I go in lol

10. (at the risk of going there) I love to have sex.........a lot LMFAO

so yeah I kinda went overboard with the list but eh

I guess #11 is making lists LMFAO j/k

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
Poco, you have a busy life!

(11-16-2012, 07:43 PM)Poco d(-_-)b Loco Wrote: 1. I love to write music, its a huge part of my life, its therapy to me

That was one of my dream. I did some techno beats back in 2004-2006 but without a good theorical base in music, it's hard to do melodies...

(11-16-2012, 07:43 PM)Poco d(-_-)b Loco Wrote: 4. I love reading and writing stories

I like sci-fi novels, especially if A.I. or time travel is involved in the story...

(11-16-2012, 07:43 PM)Poco d(-_-)b Loco Wrote: 8. I like to dance (I'm Dominican so its in my blood LMFAO)

I like to dance on psytrance or techno in general. But in my case it's more jumping everywhere and doing weird moves XD.
  Find