Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Character Palette edit

Status
None
I'm hacking my FF6 and now I have some issues. I was using a Hex Editor to edit the characters pallets. Well, you are supposed to edit both the overworld and battle sprite. I already edited the battle sprites. Now I cant edit the Overworld sprites because I just cant find that offset in the Hex editor. It is supposed to be 268200, but it doesnt work, at least, not as I was expecting. It kinda messes up the color itself, not the entire pallet. I want to edit kefka's overworld/town sprite (Kefka wont be the bad guy), since thats the one mostly used in the entire game. What should I do? How do I edit the overworld pallet of your characters?

If Im not mistaken Kefka uses palette 3 (same as banon). I want him to use palette 6. I know I have to find (in the hex) the moment where that character gets its palette assigned, but I couldn´t find it. I found almost every other character besides Kefka and I just gave up.

I would really appreciate someone answering me. Im kinda sad and confused Hmm Hmm Hmm Hmm Hmm Sad

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
If you had read the thread where you asked the same question, you would have found the nice document I posted with this info in it:

Code:
CC:A4C7 0x15 (INTRO WITH TERRA)
CC:A4CA 0x03 (INTRO WITH TERRA)

CB:1139 0x15 (IMPERIAL CAMP)
CB:113C 0x03 (IMPERIAL CAMP)

CB:3AC9 0x15 (SEALED GATE)
CB:3ACC 0x03 (SEALED GATE)

CC:0009 0x15 (VS. LEO)
CC:000C 0x03 (VS. LEO)

CC:0301 0x15 (AFTER LEO)
CC:0304 0x03 (AFTER LEO)

This is for his character palette. Needless to say, you will have to rewrite part of the event where you want it to happend. If you want to change his NPC/overwold palette, just use FF3usME. And please don't be sad, it's only a hobby.
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
you should also know that for certain events, and placeholders, you need to use the level editor since he is assigned as an NPC most of the time

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(11-04-2012, 12:12 PM)Poco d(-_-)b Loco Wrote: you should also know that for certain events, and placeholders, you need to use the level editor since he is assigned as an NPC most of the time

I always forget to mention that lol.
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
lol its all good :p

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC