Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Boss Exhibition Hack. (First boss included)

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Well as mentioned in another topic Im making myself some challenging bosses, this is is the first one. I take no credit in Ripping, Its merely a pastetogether from many different sprites, and recolored.

The left and right "wing" are seperate enemies much like the arms of penance in FFX (majorly because like with penance i love the idea of bosses with secondary parts, but im not gonna lie It wouldnt have fit into one sprite anyway since 128 is the limit. Win win in this case hehe)

[Image: 2vrzh21.jpg]
Main Body, "Universum"

[Image: 29y2zw7.jpg]
Left and right wing, "Gemini" and "Cephei"

[Image: 34yuzbr.jpg]
Ingame look with both wings spawned

Stopped playing Hardtype, Working on my hack "fulltime" (means when i got time) now. Its going to be a hack with Tons of superbosses and the exceed 65k hp and exceed 9999 damage patch applied (not that youll be able to break it on the stronger ones, just because I like the style of 5 digit damage ^^). To fit them all in Ill remove all WoB enemies and The player will have to start from world of ruin since th hack will be only about a chain of challenging bossfights anyway. Still have to figure a way how to organise and implement em so that the player has to beat a previous one in order to progress ot the next one, Ill try to row em in order of increasing difficulty. Sure stats will increase and for the harder ones player stats will be limited also, But Ill emphasis on tricky scripts as a priority since thats way more fun and challenging imo. Sure thing that the late ones will have sick stats and hard scripts ofc.

This one will probably be rather higher up since Im a big fan of mechs and love the look Tongue

Not sure if i shouldnt have posted this in the personal projects forum, if any mod comes along please move it to the projects forum since I just now decided to seriously make this hack, since theres nothing similar and im sure some of you will enjoy it.

Well hope you like, but if you dont ill do it anyway since im primarily making it for myself, just shareing since I guess/hope that thats what this forum is about Smile

Cheers.
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
niice

this is technically a sprite so this is the right place

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Traitor
Good luck with the molds lol.
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(10-30-2012, 12:33 AM)Zeemis Wrote: Good luck with the molds lol.

Exactly. To be more specific, mold pattern #6, which is for one 128x128 has only one big mold. Any extra monster will have no mold which might result in layer problems and/or weird effect when you cast spells. I don't use the correct terms but I think you get the idea.
  Find

Status
None
Not sure i get this correctly but do you mean that the rectangles of the monsters sprites cant overlay? I figured it works with that airship that spawns bombs (the one with the face). Well ill look into it. Worst case Hell have to do without the wings. Would be sad but oh well.
  Find

Status
None
thats exactly what he means

u need to be very careful when it comes to that

this applies to palettes as well, so be very careful with that n be sure to double check each n every formation

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
oh thanks for the head up guys.
  Find

Status
None
its what we are here for

-HNIC

Status
None
Well since after 2 hours of cutting and forming i came to the conclusion that the above constellation is impossible to implement (even though only by about a 20*20 pixel portion on mold 7 but oh well...fckin stupid limitations ><), No Problem though, I decided to switch him to a 3 phase Boss.

[Image: bdqxdl.jpg]
Phase 1

[Image: nlsjs5.jpg]
Phase 2

[Image: 2vrzh21.jpg]
Phase 3
  Find

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
Like you said, you can have each sprite in a separate monster formation. Then you can go into the first monster script and edit it in such a way that when the first monster dies, you call in another formation. This new formation contains the monster's second phase. Then you edit the second monster's script to call a third formation (final form?) when it dies.

I did this with two separate monsters and it worked fine.

BTW, love the monster feathers Tongue