Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Making Speed useful / adjusting 'Wait' battlespeed

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
What kind of workload am I looking at if I wanted to say, make it so the moment a character's turn became available, the battle would automatically enter 'Wait' mode rather than requiring a menu to be open in order to pause the battle flow.

I'm hoping to do this for a patch because I'd like to make the Speed stat valuable, since right now, due to how the ATB system works, you can just stack turns by having everyone's bars fill up then wait out the enemy's attack animation, then have all your chars take their turns. I've never liked this version of the ATB.
  Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 40
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
I say this having not done much hunting, but I don't think it should be too difficult. It'll take quite a bit of digging through the C2 bank to find what you're looking for, though.

I imagine you'd just need to find the point a character is placed into the action queue, and activate the 'Wait' function at that point. Because of this, you'll likely need to manually disable the 'Wait' function after a command is selected as well.

I can tell you that $C24E77 is the action queue, but you can't really interrupt this function as it's called at least three separate times in three separate circumstances. I believe the call you're looking for would be at $C22511, but I can't be sure as I haven't tested it.

GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.

Brave New World
  Find