* You voted for this item. Show Results

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Golbez vs Xande

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Traitor
Two antagonists who were thought to be the main antagonists but were screwed out of that luxury, who'd win in a 1v1 battle?
  Find

Threads: 39
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Runic
Golbez has many advantages, a pet Shadow Dragon...Magic Powers as well as Four Fiends of the Elements and mind control on others. So in Golbez's words before Rydia shows up to save the party, "Meal time Shadow Dragon!" So, Golbez ftw.
  Find

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Traitor
ChrumpledMedal, I'd say he only really has the powers and his Shadow Dragon. The four archfiends were minions of Zemus placed under Golbez's control and shouldn't be considered part of the battle. If they were to be allowed to battle with Golbez, then all the enemies that Xande controls would be too. Xande has control over entire overworld of enemies he commands, this is stated in the game when he sends monsters to the floating continent that the player starts on in an attempt to stop the people of it from keeping Xande from quelling the mist that inhabits the world. The mist that has overtaken the world made him immortal because it froze time.

To even out the battle field, Xande has completely drained all the Crystals of his world and is able to use their power, I'd say that more than compensates, and counters Golbez's powers tenfold... The shadow dragon might be a problem, however Xande has a "trick" called "Curse of the Five Wyrms" which has the ability to completely halt someone who isn't pure heart. If Golbez, or his Shadow Dragon were to see their reflection at all, they'd be completely screwed.
  Find

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
(10-25-2012, 12:21 AM)Zeemis Wrote: The four archfiends were minions of Zemus placed under Golbez's control

I'm not sure if it's ever mentioned in the game, but it's a nice fact to know. I would have guessed they followed the will of Golbez-sama under free will.