Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Natural Statuses/Abilites

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I've been wondering. Is it possible to give a specific character certain specific statuses or bonuses like True Knight innately? I want to create a set of character classes that each have a status or ability unique to them, such as the Thief with his dual-wielding, the Paladin who covers weak allies, and possibly a Ghost with the "blink" status. Basically, I want to give characters these bonuses without the pesky problem of equipping relics or changing their equipment to have these bonuses. I figure, since Shadow naturally has the Dog Block status, that there's a way to give other character other statuses. Any way it can be done?
  Find

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
With a fair amount ASM hacking, this is pretty reasonably doable. Dog block is an actual status that is set via events, while True Knight and dual wield are item effects, but you ought to be able to do them both in a similar manner. All of Ram holding these values are copied for battle, so the idea is to alter those bits based on which character the game is currently looking at. Things like dual wield would have to be altered in both battle (C2 bank) and the overworld menu screen (C3 bank).

Bottom line:
1)find the addresses for what you want to change,
2)white a subroutine that alters them according to what character it is loading,
3)call the subroutine in the character loading code.
4)follow steps 1-3 on any effects that are used outside of battle (meaning new addresses and new subroutines).

It may sound a little daunting, but I garuntee if you take the time to learn to do this task, you will want to do so much more and already be well on your way to learning it.

Feel free to ask for help whenever needed. This is a really helpful community.
  Find

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Traitor
It's really too bad that I already gave Edrin a thumbs up lol.
  Find