Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Kefka vs Leo???

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 25
Status
None
Hey there! I was messing around with my hack yesterday and came up with an idea... I would REALLY like the battle between Kefka and Leo to be more serious. Like Leo have more stats(I know how to do that) and for Kefka to be on par with some bosses from the WOR and instead of using his enemy sprite, use his character sprite instead.

So my main concern is how to make him use the character sprite instead. And if I can, will he kneel when he is wounded or near dead like normal? Hope to get a reply soon! THANX!

Roy
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
In kefka's monster script there is an battle event called. This battle event has 24 bytes linked to it, for a total of 4 possibles characters acting as enemy. You need to modify those bytes in order to use his character sprite. I don't know if you absolutely need to remove his monster sprite in FF3se though in order to work. You may need to move the battle event at the beginning of the monster script but I'm not sure about that. Some tweak to the event itself may be necessary too.

I think he would automatically kneel when his HP would be low but this would need to be confirmed with someone who made experiment on those kind of battles, such as Angelo. Here is the format of the bytes I'm talking about.

For more info on battle events, check this thread: https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showth...p?tid=1049

Code:
Data begins at D0FD00, 24 bytes each
Byte 00: bit 7 removes party, bit 0 removes character names from window
Byte 01: background, FF is "use default background"
Byte 02: monsters targetable, set = can target, clear = cannot target
Byte 03: song, FF is "use default"
Byte 04: bit 7 hides character, bit 6 turns character right, bit 5 puts party in magitek armor, bits 0-3 are character ID, if FF next 4 bytes are skipped
Byte 05: character acting as enemy, FF = no character
Byte 06: boss AI to use (uses monsters 256 - 384)
Byte 07: X coordinate
Byte 08: Y coordinate
Byte 09: bit 7 hides character, bit 6 turns character right, bit 5 puts party in magitek armor, bits 0-3 are character ID, if FF next 4 bytes are skipped
Byte 0A: character acting as enemy, FF = no character
Byte 0B: boss AI to use (uses monsters 256 - 384)
Byte 0C: X coordinate
Byte 0D: Y coordinate
Byte 0E: bit 7 hides character, bit 6 turns character right, bit 5 puts party in magitek armor, bits 0-3 are character ID, if FF next 4 bytes are skipped
Byte 0F: character acting as enemy, FF = no character
Byte 10: boss AI to use (uses monsters 256 - 384)
Byte 11: X coordinate
Byte 12: Y coordinate
Byte 13: bit 7 hides character, bit 6 turns character right, bit 5 puts party in magitek armor, bits 0-3 are character ID, if FF next 4 bytes are skipped
Byte 14: character acting as enemy, FF = no character
Byte 15: boss AI to use (uses monsters 256 - 384)
Byte 16: X coordinate
Byte 17: Y coordinate

Ok I think I got this right:

1) You need a blank formation. You can use the existing one and just leave the special event option checked. Remove Kefka the monster.

2) You change the appropriate bytes in the 24 bytes data I posted (byte 04, 05 and 06 at least)

3) You tweak the monster script to whatever you want leaving a condition that will eventually trigger the event where Leo dies. Right now Kefka will always only do 3 turns.

The thing is Kefka as a character will have an HP equal to the average of the party. So one alternative is creating a character with an event prior to the battle and use this character instead. You could also give many lives to Kefka via the monster script.

Edit: Apparently, giving many lives doesn't work according to Gi Nattak. I'm not sure of this as a looping HP script work on regular monsters.
  Find

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
(09-20-2012, 03:30 PM)Madsiur Wrote: The thing is Kefka as a character will have an HP equal to the average of the party. So one alternative is creating a character with an event prior to the battle and use this character instead. You could also give many lives to Kefka via the monster script.

According to Nattak, that cannot be done. However, I haven't tried that myself. I don't like usME...it always corrupts my rom. Forgive me lord madsiur, for I'm a usME noob.

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(09-20-2012, 07:09 PM)Angelo26 Wrote: According to Nattak, that cannot be done. However, I haven't tried that myself. I don't like usME...it always corrupts my rom. Forgive me lord madsiur, for I'm a usME noob.

Which of the two option doesn't work? Creating a character or giving him many live ? Please next time don't give me invalid infos, I look stupid lol. >_>
  Find