Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Longtime no see! How about another Morph and more?

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 25
Status
None
Hey there everyone! Been gone since Feb. Took a looooooong break for some personal things xD.

ANYWAY! I have started back up my project and I have some things I want to ask. I'll throw in as much detail as possible!

1.) I want to add another Morph(called Trans) skill for my Roy(Locke) Character and I only want it to be obtained AFTER you get him back in the WOR. I also want it to increase Phys Atk and Def rather then Mag Atk and Def like Terra. I'm changing the appearance of Gogo(bcuz I won't be keeping him/her as a usable character) to be used for the Trans. I remember a post when I was on back in Feb about not being able to make new commands(like changing possess). Will this be hard to accomplish?

2.) I want to change all Moogles that show up in game to Imps instead(I know I know, don't ask xD), including the Mog. I also would like to keep the Imp status as bad as it is BUT not have the Imp(Mog) so weak. How do I do these things?

3.) Is it possible to create from scratch(or use a midi) a song for the game? And as silly as it is to ask, do you know anyone who takes requests?

4 and Final.) Does anyone know someone who takes script requests?

Any answers to any of my questions is greatly appreciated./ Good to back, hope to get the ball rolling!

Roy
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Tissue-aware
Hi dude, I seriously thought you gave up on your project. Welcome back!

(09-12-2012, 11:18 PM)Royaken Vendeta Wrote: 1.) I want to add another Morph(called Trans) skill for my Roy(Locke) Character and I only want it to be obtained AFTER you get him back in the WOR. I also want it to increase Phys Atk and Def rather then Mag Atk and Def like Terra. I'm changing the appearance of Gogo(bcuz I won't be keeping him/her as a usable character) to be used for the Trans. I remember a post when I was on back in Feb about not being able to make new commands(like changing possess). Will this be hard to accomplish?

I lack the time to do some research but you would most likely need to write a new command with a new morph gauge, unless you want to share the same gauge. Either way you need to modify the corresponding code in bank C2 and this require you need to know some ASM. It would be pretty hard for someone who doesn't really know how to code in assembly.

(09-12-2012, 11:18 PM)Royaken Vendeta Wrote: 2.) I want to change all Moogles that show up in game to Imps instead(I know I know, don't ask xD), including the Mog. I also would like to keep the Imp status as bad as it is BUT not have the Imp(Mog) so weak. How do I do these things?

Change the mog sprite for the Imp sprite in FF3usme. You can change the effects of the imp status again in bank C2, the code is well documented. Again some assembly and hex knowledge is required.

(09-12-2012, 11:18 PM)Royaken Vendeta Wrote: 3.) Is it possible to create from scratch(or use a midi) a song for the game? And as silly as it is to ask, do you know anyone who takes requests?

Yes and there is a music tutorial for that in the tutorial section. Alternatively, the is the MML import method that is a lot quicker. Gi Nattak could give you more info as he is pretty much the expert, but I posted some stuff on the FFVI hacking facebook page regarding that.

(09-12-2012, 11:18 PM)Royaken Vendeta Wrote: 4 and Final.) Does anyone know someone who takes script requests?

Monster script request? Not me. You have over 380 script example in the game­.

Sorry for the vague answers but I really lack the time to hack myself so I don't have time to look for specific code for you, write a song or write monster scripts.

Find

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
Sorry about "underfined" post, was having connection issues at work and that happened every time i tried to send something.

1) If you are keeping Terra it will be a LOT harder to do. If she is also getting replaced, then it's really simple. I have tinkered with the idea of reusing code and having it branch based on what ability is using it to begin with or who is using it. It may not take writing the whole thing from scratch. But like Mad said, ASM definitely required.

2)This is just a graphical assignment issue. I would suggest replacing Mog's sprite, then changing the imp code to point to that graphic instead of the current imp location, that would free up that spritesheet for Roy's Trans if you decide you want to keep gogo. One special note tho, you will have to go back to every instance of moogle in the game and change the palette to the imp palette instead of the moogle palette. There are likely to be quite a few, however, most of them will be clumped together. EventScriptTxt.txt can help you find those. Do a search for "assign graphics $0A" and every place that occurs, the next command should be the palette assignment, those all need to change to $00 I think.

Code where Imp graphic is set: Change each instance of $0F to $0A once moogle sprite is replaced.
Code:
C1/2FB5:    BDBD2E      LDA $2EBD,X (Load displayable status byte 1)
C1/2FB8:    2920        AND #$20    (Imp status)
C1/2FBA:    F015        BEQ $2FD1   (Branch if already changed)
C1/2FBC:    B96C7B      LDA $7B6C,Y (Load character battle graphic)
C1/2FBF:    C90F        CMP #$0F    (Is it already imp?)
C1/2FC1:    F023        BEQ $2FE6   (Branch if it is)
C1/2FC3:    A90F        LDA #$0F    (else, load imp offset)
C1/2FC5:    996C7B      STA $7B6C,Y (store Imp as new graphic)
C1/2FC8:    205731      JSR $3157   (find new sprite location)

3)see Mad's answer.

4)I don't have any experience with monster scripts as of yet (not far enough in my hack to where I'm coding story), but it looks pretty straightforward... it might be something worth learning yourself. If you do you will open up the door to do a lot more things and be able to alter them as quickly as your mind changes. I know I have done and redone a lot of ASM already because I come up with a newer, better idea as I learn to do more things. This will save you a lot of time of having to go back to other people for updates and changes instead of settling on something that isn't quite what you want. The same thing could be said for ASM hacking, but ASM is probably a lot more difficult to get into than monster scripts.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
Nice answer on point #2 Edrin. I'm getting a bit rusty XD

For point #4, this is a really good ressource that explain every monster AI command: http://www.rpglegion.com/ff6/hack/command.htm
  Find

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 4
Thanks Given: 2
Status
Lucky-Girl
For Monster Scripts, Lord Envoy is your man. However, he is a very, very busy guy. HOWEVER; I've sort of become his apprentice on monster scripting. I'm still too new to help you; however I DO have a way to contact him at pretty much any time. If you need help with monster scripting, get with me. I'll be your middle-man.

"The doom and gloom is justified.
A couple of people are going to die.
Even though you can turn back the time,
you're always a moment too late!"
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(09-20-2012, 03:38 PM)Satoascorpion Wrote: For Monster Scripts, Lord Envoy is your man. However, he is a very, very busy guy. HOWEVER; I've sort of become his apprentice on monster scripting. I'm still too new to help you; however I DO have a way to contact him at pretty much any time. If you need help with monster scripting, get with me. I'll be your middle-man.

This is just my humble opinion:

I'm sure you only want to help and he can do what he wants and decide to give to others part of the job but I think AI scripting is something worth learning. Plus, learning how a software or game is working is part of the definition of hacking or modifying a game. You can ask for help or get a tutor in some department you struggle with, and that is correct, but relying on others to make the job for you not always the best option.

In fact, he actually has to put a script in words to have something close to what he wants. Writing the script in FF3usME is only putting in a logic order what you have in mind and like I said everything is documented about this.

To finish, I'll quote this famous philosopher:

Edrin the Great Wrote:it might be something worth learning yourself. If you do you will open up the door to do a lot more things and be able to alter them as quickly as your mind changes. I know I have done and redone a lot of ASM already because I come up with a newer, better idea as I learn to do more things. This will save you a lot of time of having to go back to other people for updates and changes instead of settling on something that isn't quite what you want.

Find