Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
DoomGaze

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 4
Thanks Given: 2
Status
Lucky-Girl
Sup guys, it's been awhile.

I thought since DoomGaze is such a unique boss, we should have a general topic for all questions related to the monster. Hopefully someone can help me with mine, and then future users can piggy-back on this thread with their own DoomGaze questions.

Remember, guys. This thread is for DOOMGAZE-RELATED QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS. Please ask no other material here, to help with keeping everything organized. Thank you.

Anyways, in my hack, I'm thinking of altering the DoomGaze fight to have 5 DoomGaze enemies instead of just one. Would they all share one health meter, or would they all have their own?

I've asked a few members in private, and noone seems to be sure. However, the closest to an direct answer I got is this:

[9/3/2012 10:36:38 AM] Madsiur: only on eof the 5 would have a life bar. the others would be regular monsters
[9/3/2012 10:36:53 AM] Madsiur: I think

If someone could back this up with definitive proof, that would be great.

Please, if you have information about DoomGaze, even unrelated to this inquiry; please share. It may help myself, or even someone else.

"The doom and gloom is justified.
A couple of people are going to die.
Even though you can turn back the time,
you're always a moment too late!"
  Find

Threads: 5
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Based on my reading of the code, all five would have their HP set from the Doomgaze HP variable, but only the last one would write its HP back when the battle ended. The next time you started the battle, they would all get the HP of that last Doomgaze.
This is because the game sets a variable at the beginning of battle to which monster is Doomgaze. But with only one variable, each Doomgaze simply overwrites the values stored by the previous ones.
Also, it doesn't look like it would matter which enemies you included in the battle, they will ALL have their HP set to the same as Doomgaze because the HP setting is only based on the formation number; The game thinks ANY monster in Doomgaze's formation must be Doomgaze.

Status
Lucky-Girl
Ah okay, so let me make an example scenario to see if I understand this.

Lets say the DoomGaze formation has 5 enemies. Then lets say you use Blow Fish once on each individual enemy in the formation. Then Doomgaze escapes. The next time you fight it, it's missing 5000 damage?
Having 5 DoomGazes at once may be really fun afterall.

Find

Status
None
No no no, as I said:
Quote:only the last one would write its HP back
In your scenario, for the second encounter they would only be missing 1000 health.
Put another way: only damage dealt to the last enemy will be remembered. Any damage dealt to any other enemies is completely disregarded.
The last enemy being the one in the highest numbered enemy slot.

Now that I think about it, it probably wouldn't be too hard to code it to look at all the enemies at the end of battle, tally all the damage taken, and put the final value into the HP variable. The only problem would be if you do enough damage to have killed one of them, but have done the damage spread between them. You'd wind up with 0 stored for their HP after the battle had ended.
What you'd need to do is constantly update all of their HPs anytime any of them took damage, which could be rather troublesome when dealing with multi-targeting spells.

Threads: 39
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Runic
OK, I have 3 DoomGaze Questions. I hope they are not considered stupid.
1. How do you find it(as in its location)?
2. And what's the best strategy for killing DoomGaze. As in weaknesses and stuff to look out for and avoid.
3. What gender is Doomgaze? Male of female? Sometimes when I look at it it looks like a vulture with a skull, and other times it looks like a witch riding on a broom.
  Find

Status
None
1. If you're playing on an emulator you can use the Doom Gaze Finder.
Otherwise, just cover as much area as you can. Doom Gaze doesn't change location as long as you don't land or go inside the airship.
2. Doom Gaze is weak to Fire and Holy, is vulnerable to Vanish, and has shell and safe. Its arsenal includes Doom, L.5 Doom, Aero, Ice 3, and a physical attack.
So casting Bum Rushing, breaking Fire Rods or Pearl Rods, Raging Io for Flare Star, or Throwing Flame Sabres will all do plenty of damage.
Alternatively, Vanish/Doom also works.
Blocking against Ice and Wind damage are both done with a Thunder Shield, Force Shield, Force Armor, Minerva, or a Cat Hood if you're bringing Relm.
Doom can be avoided fairly well with high M.Block or totally blocked with a Safety Bit or Memento Ring.
L.5 Doom can be avoided by simply not having a level divisible by 5.
3. I have no idea.

Status
Lucky-Girl
(09-04-2012, 02:42 PM)Drakkhen Wrote: 1. If you're playing on an emulator you can use the Doom Gaze Finder.
Otherwise, just cover as much area as you can. Doom Gaze doesn't change location as long as you don't land or go inside the airship.
2. Doom Gaze is weak to Fire and Holy, is vulnerable to Vanish, and has shell and safe. Its arsenal includes Doom, L.5 Doom, Aero, Ice 3, and a physical attack.
So casting Bum Rushing, breaking Fire Rods or Pearl Rods, Raging Io for Flare Star, or Throwing Flame Sabres will all do plenty of damage.
Alternatively, Vanish/Doom also works.
Blocking against Ice and Wind damage are both done with a Thunder Shield, Force Shield, Force Armor, Minerva, or a Cat Hood if you're bringing Relm.
Doom can be avoided fairly well with high M.Block or totally blocked with a Safety Bit or Memento Ring.
L.5 Doom can be avoided by simply not having a level divisible by 5.
3. I have no idea.

While this highlighted option DOES work, I highly do not recommend it. Defeating DoomGaze by reducing it's HP to 0 rewards you with the Bahamut Magicite. However, using the Vanish/Doom or Vanish/X-Zone trick will eliminate DoomGaze WITHOUT reducing it's HP to 0, meaning DoomGaze is dead forever and he took Bahamut with him. DO NOT USE THIS METHOD UNLESS YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT LOSING BAHAMUT.

Find

Status
None
Vanish/Doom will result in obtaining Bahamut, Vanish/X-Zone will not.
Also, you don't lose Bahamut forever. Doom Gaze is simply reset to max HP as if you had never fought it at all.
I guarantee it.

Status
Lucky-Girl
Oh. Well then I apologize? That's contradictory to what I've heard before, but honestly I'll take your word for it, because you're effing smart.
Also Drakkhen: http://youtu.be/droLIB9Yux0

Find