Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FF6 Tactics

Threads: 7
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
To anyone checking the sound files, im trying to identify the Cure spell sound files.
66 CB Cure1 Edit Cure1 is 2A C5 99% sure.
7D Cure2
2A 7D Cure3
And wtf is 77 and A7, and where can they be heard in FF6? i guess they are played with a song or other sound.
Also, im blue Da ba dee da ba dam...
[Image: imgshk.png]
In FF6, you can change the background design of the menu and the font color.... well in FF6T too! I was trying to make it look a little bit better and it would be really easy to implement that Tongue

[Image: rrj.gif]
  Find

Threads: 13
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Crystal
Dear God. Do want. O_O!
  Find

Status
None
(07-27-2012, 12:57 PM)Abel.Emporia Wrote: Dear God. Do want. O_O!

Wink Me want too! Please try it and give me your commentary about the look and feel, and if you have any ideas, share it too Tongue

Btw, im "officially" searching for a spriter to make some of my animation. I could do it myself but i look at what i still need to do on the programming part and its overwhelming enough. By making, i mean adapting the FF6 anim under the restriction of my game. Help me push this baby! so it can see the light... one day!

Also, anyone know how to to scale up a picture in Gimp without having a washed effect? I scale *2 some 16bit picture and they dont look 16bit anymore.
Edit: To anyone that wonder, i found a way to scale correctly. The 'Transform Tools' 'Scale' function is no good, it will always have the same washed effect. However, if you use the the 'Scale Image' function ( which will scale the whole image file ) theres an 'interpolation' option, and by putting it to 'None', the image will be unmodified. I wonder why they didnt put the same option in the 'Transform Tools' 'Scale' function...

Find

Status
None
New Version available!
Download FF6T V0.85

Changelog:
Code:
-Animation/Casting Animation: The animation itself isnt complete, however, every tech can be assigned its own animation in the scenario editor and they are displayed correctly
-Sound/Casting Sound: Same as above. However, theres still some issue about the timing
-Background: The log, abilities panel, targets panel have its background.
-Shield: Every animation is associated with its own shield. The only exception is Shadow which can have interceptor instead of the shield.
- Tech type symbol: Added a symbol ( Sword or Rod) to determine if the Tech is either Magical or Physical.
- Tech List 2.0: When an ability is selected in the list, it expand to see the statistic of the tech which allow the player to see every Tech of a character.
- Cooldown: Tech can have a cooldown, if a Tech is used and it have a cooldown, the Tech cannot be used for a number of turns equal to its cooldown ( see Terra's Morph)
- Pause function: pressing the 'P' key during a fight will pause the fight
- Grid Function: Pressing the 'G' key removes the grid
- DebugAi Function: Pressing the 'D' key show the AI statistics of its current turn
- Counter Attack System: Any Tech can be assigned as a counter attack
in the Scenario editor.
-Rotated Animation: Some Tech can have its animation rotated depending of the position of the attacker and defender ( see Shadow Shuriken)
- Always show animation: Some Tech can have its animation always be displayed, even if theres no target. ( See Sabin Aurabolt)
- Persistent Effect: Tech can have effect that stays on the battlefield, if a character step on it, the attack is done on him.
Trap: Same as Persistent Effect, but cannot be seen by the other player/Ai. Note that the Trap and Persistent Effect, although they work correctly, they haven't been added to the default scenario since i have yet to find a way to make the Ai use them intelligently without doubling their thinking time.
- and, of course, fixed a lot of little issues.
- Also, theres one really annoying bug that i cant resolve for now, sometime the game will crash when the Ai doesnt move and try to target himself.

It would really be appreciated if i could have some feedback, cause, up to now, only 1 person has given me some. Specially what you dont understand and your ideas!
Btw, ive been working on this baby for more than 4 years.
Program NOS ( number of statement) : 16369

Find

Status
None
Derpy derp meFinger, the sound issues i was having was because i poorly edited the sound files. There were a lot of silences at the start of each file which was screwing my timing. They should be far better now.
Download FF6 Complete Sfx V3
Also, in order to make it easier for ppl that want to help with the identification of those files, i made a little video in which every sound file is played, so you dont have to download the whole file.

Find

Status
None
I was reviewing what to be done and here what the main campaign would look like.
Note that, the letters (A,B,C) next to the scenario number mean that the party is forced to do the scenario in that order, with the same party as the scenario before. A number mean that the player can choose between two scenario. For example, at scenario number 5, you can choose between, 5.1A, 5.2A or 5.3A which are Sabin/Locke/Terra story after the the fight with Ultros on the raft. But if you choose, 5.1A (Sabin), you must then do 5.1B and 5.1C.

Code:
1.0Moogle Rumble
Locke + Moogles
Terra and Edgar Join

2.0 Kefka Attack
Terra/Locke/Edgar

3.0Vergas Treason
Sabin Join
Terra/Edgar/Locke/Sabin

4.0Hot Soup : Ultros
Terra/Banon/Sabin/Edgar

5.1A Cyan Revenge : Imperial Camp
Cyan and Shadow Join
Cyan/Shadow/Sabin

5.1B Phantom Train
Cyan/Shadow/Sabin

5.1C Serpent Trench?
Gau Join
Cyan/Gau/Sabin

5.2A South Figaro?
Celes Join
Locke/Celes

5.2BTunnlArmor
Locke/Celes

5.3Narshe Cavern
Banon/Edgar/Terra

6.0A The Empire Attack
All/Choose

6.0B Kefka
All/Choose

7.0 Search for Terra: Zozo
All/Choose except Terra

8.0 Opera Scene ?
Locke + 2 Other Except Celes and Terra
Setzer Join

9.0A Magitech Factory Infiltration
All/Choose except Terra

9.0B Shiva and Ifrit
All/Choose except Terra

9.0C Kart Ride
All/Choose except Terra

10.0A Cave to the sealed gate
Terra + 3 Other

10.0B Kefka Traps
3 Other character from 10.0A

11.0 Esper fury
Setzer + 3 Other

12. Imperial Base: Gesthalt pardon

13. 0A Thamasa Secret : FlameEater
Strago Join
Strago +2 Other Except Shadow, Celes, Relm

13.1A ?
Leo, Shadow, Celes

13. 0B Esper Mountain Uncle Ulty
Relm Join
Relm,Strago + 2 Other Except Shadow and Celes

13.0C Leo struggle

14.0A Floating Continent: Ultros and Chupon
Any/Choose Except Shadow

14.0B Floating Continent: Air Force
Any/Choose Except Shadow

14.0D Floating Continent: Atma Weapon
Any/Choose

14.0E Floating Continent Escape
Any/Choose (if shadow was present he leave, and Celes replace him)

15.0 Tzen and Sabin
Celes Only
Sabin Join
16.0 Phunbaba
Sabin/Celes

17.0 Gerad and the bandits
Edgar,Sabin,Celes
Edgar Join

18.0 Daryl tomb ?
Setzer Join
Setzer,Edgar,Sabin,Celes

19.0A Zozo
Any/Choose
Cyan Join

19.0B Cyan Nightmare :LarryCuley,Moe
3 Character except Cyan

19.0C Cyan Nightmare : WrexSoul
3 Character except Cyan

19.1A Veldt Cave
Any/Choose
Gau Join

19.1B Jidoor Mansion : Chadarnook
Any/All
Relm Join

19.1C Colloseum : Shadow
Any/All
Shadow Join

19.2A Mobliz : Phunbaba
Terra + 3 Other
Terra Join

19.3A Fanatic Tower
Any/Choose
Strago join if 19.1B was made

19.3B Ebot Rock Cave: Hidon
Strago + 3 Other

19.4A Narshe : Tritoch
Any/All
Mog Join

19.4B Narshe : Yeti
Mog + 3 Other
Umaro Join

19.5A Phoenix Cave Party 1
Any/All Party 1

19.5B Phoenix Cave Party 2
Any/All Party 2

19.5C Phoenix Cave Red Dragon
Any/All

19.5D Narshe (Ragnarok)
19.5E Colloseum (illumina)

19.6 Ancient Castle : Raiden?
Any/All

19.7 Zone Eater Belly
Any/All

19.8 Doom Gaze
Any/All

19.9 8 Dragons
Any/All

20.1A Kefka Tower party 1 Atma
Any/All Party1

20.2A Kefka Tower party 2 Inferno
Any/All Party2

20.3A Kefka Tower party 3 Guardian
Any/All Party3

20.1B Kefka Tower party 1 Poltrgeist
Any/All Party1

20.2B Kefka Tower party 2 Goddess
Any/All Party2

20.3B Kefka Tower party 3 Doom
Any/All Party3

21.0 Kefka Tower: KEFKA
Any/All
Which makes 60 fight, which is respectable.

And here, the sprite/portrait of the characters i would need to complete my game.
(Thx to this site, some of them already have been done, and has been marked as Database)
Code:
Sprite Needed:
Narshe Soldier
Narse Dog ( Interceptor Palette2?)
Whelk?
Vargas Database (portrait  Database)
Ultros Database
Phantom Train Switch
Interceptor  Database
TunnlArmor
Opera Rats?
Shiva
Ifrit
FlameEater / Little flame
Chupon Database
Esper – 4?
Fairy  Database
Lone Wolf  Database
Maduin  Database
Dragon  Database
AirForce
AtmaWeapon
Gesthalt  Database
Pumbaba
Figaro Castle Larva
Larry Curley Moe
Wrexsoul
MagiMaster
Hidon (Chupon palette 2)
Tritoch
Chadarnook....?
ZoneEater / GreenSoldier ?
Dragon – 9 color (palette)
DoomGaze
Atmaweapon palette2
Inferno
Guardian
Poltrgeist
Goddess
Doom
Ultimate Kefka
Once this is done, there could easily be a Kefka Campaign where the main party could be Kefka, Vargas, Ultros, Chupon, Siegfried....
Code:
MagitechFactory
    Mad Terra

Figaro Attack
    Edgar Terra Locke

Imperial Camp
    Shadow Sabin

Narshe
    Returner
    Tritoch

MagitechFactory
    Esper
    Returners

Sealed gate
    Returners
    Esper

Thamasa
    Returner
    Leo
    Esper

Floating Continent
    Gesthalt
    Returners

Kefka Tower
    Returners

Also, i thought i could make each tech have its own level ( Max level 10)
so you could end up being able to control Mog Dance or Relm Sketch would get stronger and faster.
For example:
Code:
AbilityName ( MaxLevel)
       *Item Modifying the ability
       Stat of the ability ( StartAt > Increment > EndAt)

Relm Sketch ( 10 level)
    *FakeMustache – Can Control the Sketch
    Power of the copied character augment (0.6 > + 0.5 per Level  > 1.1 )
    Duration Augment ( 1 > +0.333 per level > 3 )
    Starting Ct ( 50 > +5 per level > 100)

Mog Dance, each Dance have level up to 10
    Duration Reduced( 5 > -0.333 per level > 2) ( if the duration is reduced, you can change between dances, more often!)
    Can Control Mog Dance ( Level 8)
    Power Augment ( 100% > +5% ? )

Gau Rage
    Duration Reduced( 5 > -0.333 per level > 2)
    Power Augment ( 100% > +5% ? )

Gogo Mimic
Gogo gain Mimic skill by leveling
Counter Mimic : (10 Level): Copy every tech used on Gogo ( if attacker is in range)
    Power Augment ( 50% > +5% ? )
Mimic Allies (10level): Copy the last tech used by your allies, can choose own target
    Augment number of Tech that can be copied ( 1 > +0.333 per level > 3 )
    Power Augment ( 80% > +5% ? )
Mimic Enemies(10level): Copy the last tech used by your enemies, can choose own target
    Augment number of Tech that can be copied ( 1 > +0.333 per level > 3 )
    Power Augment ( 80% > +5% ? )
However, the only character i dont know how to implement is Cyan. I dont want a "Charging" like in FFT where your character just sit where he is and wait for his tech to charge. ( Who has ever used FFT Archer Charge +20 ?, its just silly). My first thought was to give all his Swdtech a cooldown, but its far from a perfect solution. It would mostly means that all his high-level swdtech can only be used once per fight.
Here are other random stuff im searching for
- Elemental Symbols, im guessing these would be easy to screenshot them, but if someone has them ripped... (Edit: Found them 5min after i made this post.... Finger) [Image: imgshk.png]
- Setzer Slot machine
- and, of course, plenty of battle animation...

So, again, if you have any ideas/commentary/gameplay feedback, feel free to share it!

Find

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Traitor
Very nicely done with obtaining the sound effects! Now that I can hear them more isolated and not in-game, did they always have that echo?
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(08-17-2012, 12:17 PM)Zeemis Wrote: Very nicely done with obtaining the sound effects! Now that I can hear them more isolated and not in-game, did they always have that echo?

Yes.They always have that sound. They are taken from a custom event playing them separately with no background music.
  Find

Status
None
Thx Zeemis! Indeed, i havent made any modification to the sound files and they should be as played in the game.

Find

Status
None
In the next update, there will be about no restriction to the animation size(558x531). Which mean big ass esper attack, huge magic like Ultima, Meteor and Level 3 spells.
(Edit: I just made the Ultima's animation and..... omg.... about 125 frames!!!! Size 6.45 MB !!!! )

To anyone that may want it:
[Image: imgshk.png]
Also im wondering how to implement Setzer slot, cause randomness and strategic gameplay doesnt go well together. And, of course, the FF3 way to handle the slot randomness is totally out of question, (Animation number determining the randomness... silly) So im thinking to make it more skillbased than random. For example, i think im gonna put a time limit in which the player has to stop the wheel or it will stop randomly so the player dont just wait to be absolutely sure to get what he want. Also, the second wheel will go slightly faster after the wheel has been stopped, and the same for third ones. Furthermore, there will be no Instant kill attack. ( 7-7-7 could be an attack like Ultima that hit every enemy, and 7-7-Bar could be a stronger Lagomorph) Im still wondering if i should help the player to get what he want, like in the original. Maybe putting the "Help" as an ability to the Slot Tech ( at level 5 or 7 for example).

Also, somes little thing that i always hated in the FFT, and that, most likely, will never be present in my game:
-Raise/Life: If you can bring back a character to life, as long as you have a character that have the spell/ability, you can still win. Which is really overpowered.
- Instant Death / Comdemned, Demi /Quatr: If you can defeat an enemy in a single hit, even if the percentage is really low, you could restart the battle until you succeed. And it defeat the strategic value of the game, again random doesnt go well with tactical games.
- Nothing is hidden, every stat must be shown: So it means that every stat of a tech/Character must be shown (Doesnt include the enemies of course). For example, the FFT Geomancer abilities, you know that "Grass Ivy" can do "Dont Move", however, theres no way to know whats the percentage of chances that it can be inflicted. Or, Strago "Aquarake", you have no idea how stronger or accurate it is compared to the other spells. I know that it may be a little bit confusing for the new players to see all those stats instead of just "Fire 2 - 20 Mp", but then again, ppl that will be playing my games will, most of the time, have some experience and so, the learning curve should not be too hard to handle.

Again, if you have any ideas, commentaries, questions or if you want to help, don't be shy!
MOG FTW [Image: imgshk.png]

Find