Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Stand Guard

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
It's been about seven months since I completed my mod of Final Fantasy 6, Stand Guard. I've yet to get any detailed feedback, and lo and behold, I discover a FF6 hacking community.

The idea was to try to present the story in the most unpretentious way I thought possible, while increasing the difficulty ever so slightly. I applied many other hacker's bugfixes as well, making my patch sort of a "catch-all" project. Things like the rippler bug, the evade bug, etc.

This hack is rated PG-13. Hit
  Find

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 3
Thanks Given: 7
Status
None
Awesome work and welcome to the site! I haven't had time to check it out, but it's on my list of games to play :-)

NNID (Wii U): pjmcphee
PSN: PaJMtree
Xbox Live: PJ_McPhizzle
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
why not put up some screen shots and/or a video

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Traitor
It doesn't warrant or even need a video lol. Here is what's in the patch, no need for a video. ^_^;
Quote:You may now dash with the cancel button
The font has been changed (Custom font by vivify93)
Spells, items, monsters, etc. have been changed
Gau may now return from any monster formation with less than 6 monsters
Gogo’s command select no longer has a yellow streak in it
Many typos, errors, etc. were corrected
The text has been formatted so that you may name characters whatever you like
The graphics have been changed back to the original game’s uncensored graphics

Most of us have seen these patches, so no need for a video imo, or screenshots.
  Find

Status
None
Well, be that as it may, I did make a few videos a while back, linked here:

Intro

Floating Continent

Final Battle

So Tongue there.
  Find

Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
What did you change about "Spells, items, monsters, etc"?

From the videos you posted, I have to say that I like the translation. It's relatively accurate to the original Japanese, and has a nice bit of personality to it.

Status
None
(05-30-2012, 03:29 AM)DjinnAndTonic Wrote: What did you change about "Spells, items, monsters, etc"?

I took from the GBA version's names for the most part, except in places where it wouldn't fit. I had a little fun with a couple of the Blitz techniques, too.

(05-30-2012, 03:29 AM)DjinnAndTonic Wrote: From the videos you posted, I have to say that I like the translation. It's relatively accurate to the original Japanese, and has a nice bit of personality to it.

Thank you for the kind words, though to be perfectly frank, this isn't technically a "translation," as I speak only one language, English. I like to call it a script edit, but I guess I'm just nitpicking.
  Find

Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
Did you look at translation notes as you translated? Because I noticed it was -more accurate- than the Woosley script in the few scenes you posted on youtube.

Status
None
(05-30-2012, 06:43 PM)DjinnAndTonic Wrote: Did you look at translation notes as you translated? Because I noticed it was -more accurate- than the Woosley script in the few scenes you posted on youtube.

Oh yeah, I was binging on Sky Render, Lina Darkstar, Slattery, you name it. I just didn't "translate" anything per se.

Find

Status
None
Anybody tried it out?

I seriously have nothing better to do. I'm wondering what people think of it. Tongue
  Find