Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Beta test a new Final Fantasy II US mod?

Threads: 62
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Regen
Do I have anyone interested in beta testing a new mod for me? I need a VERY thorough beta test from both casual gamers and FF4/FF2us experts. Shouldn't take more than 8-12 hours for an expert to beat it the first time through. What I'm looking for is strategies, bugs, and or etc that players can abuse to win easily. Like putting the Avenger/Blood sword on Cecil/Cain and putting them in the back row and watching an easy victory.

It's called...

"Final Fantasy II US hardCORE"
[Image: title.png]

Description:
This is a mod that's sole purpose is to take the basic game and make it a bit of a difficult challenge. This isn't another "HardType" of mine where a bunch of shit was replaced and or changed. This keeps the characters, music, area maps, graphics, and most of the game's statistics the same as default with exception of what's listed below.

The highlights:
-Custom title screen and some font tweaks
-Maximum damage allowed is 5,000
-Maximum HP each character can get is 5,000
-Maximum MP each character can get is 500
-Maximum Stat (STR/AGI/VIT/WIS/WILL) each character can get is 50
-Items have had their GP prices increased considerably, especially equipment
-Magic spells are now less powerful but cost much more MP
-Tweaked learned magic at level ups to generally be higher
-Gave a couple of magic users a few more spells
-Weapons have been tweaked to do less damage, no more back-row Blood sword killing everything
-Armor has been tweaked to provide less overall defense
-Equipment "who can equip" data has been tweaked for balance
-Some weapons have additional magic casting capability
-Shops have been tweaked for added balance
-All Remedies (Heal) items have been removed from treasure chests and monster drops (except 1)
-Tweaked treasure chests slightly to balance usable items and GP
-Double to Quadrupled the monster encounter rates
-Monsters HP, attack, physical defense, magical defense, speed and magic power have been increased
-Only 1 super weapon and you'll need to find it (without cheating), high attack with a price--that being not being able to equip a shield (Paladin/Dragoon)
-Only 1 super armor and you'll need to find it (without cheating), high defense & high magic defense with a price (think Cursed Ring)

[Image: jce3000gt_md.png]

[Image: jce3000gt.jpg]

Threads: 39
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Runic
Wish that there was a way to bring Edward/Yang/Palom/Porom back to fight or a switch character mechanism to come with the game, to get characters back into the party. And also having Tellah use Meteo in the party at will, without having the spell blacked out as a plot device and eliminating his declining stats, because once he reaches level 25 in the game, he goes down quick.
  Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Hardcore, eh? Need a FF4 master, eh? I'll bite; I've beaten FF4 at least once a year since 1991 Wink
  Find